ADVERTISEMENT

Cardinal Gibbons vs Chambers 4A State Championship game

Yea, looking at the WXII 12 Radar future prediction, I imagine there's going to be a significant rain delay tonight. The game may not start until 9pm and it's still going to be raining. Now, that's better than having the game stop at halftime, but still not ideal.

If the weather is too bad do you think they would postpone the game to tomorrow night. I know they postponed the 3A game in 1989 to Sunday night because of bad weather.

I swear the weather has been trash more times than not during championship weekend for the past decade.
This is why I think championships shouldn’t be played at N.C. State. UNC and Wake Forest has turf. UNCC has turf. These kids work too hard to have championship weekend marred by the weather. Even during the season the try to avoid rain games. Move the championships from N.C. State.

I'm seeing a lot of talk about advantage Gibbons because of rain....must of forgot who we were...lol.

Nope. Speed teams usually have a disadvantage in rain games
We can play both...u must forgot about championship no.1...in the W. Forsyth game we pretty much went jumbo for majority of that game. Folx forgot who we r. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
I went to the Hough/Chambers last Friday. It was one of the best games I have seen all year maybe the best. Hough had opportunity after opportunity to put Chambers away but just could not do it. Chambers is one of those teams that plays with alot of HEART!! THEY WILL NOT GO AWAY!! Not to mention they have an awesome defense and some great athletes and good coaching. Had I been coaching I would have gone to a zone defense after Hough had success throwing in the first half instead of a man defense in the secondary . That probably would have lost the game for them because their man defense was a big difference maker late in the game! This will be a good game tonite. I am picking Chambers of course because at this point in time they just refuse to lose!!(and they are darn good!😁😁)

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Gibbons strike first. Getting those points before the rain starts falling is key as the pass game may have to be put on hold for both teams.

the heaviest, most severe line of the storm hasn't even passed through Raleigh yet. Its going to get alot sloppier here in a bit, and there might be a stoppage from lightning.

the heaviest, most severe line of the storm hasn't even passed through Raleigh yet. Its going to get alot sloppier here in a bit, and there might be a stoppage from lightning.
Quite frankly I hope there is stoppage. This game should have been played at 3, but since they apparently couldn't find or look for accommodations for that to happen it should have started a 9. I know people say this is football weather and all that, but it makes for a bad product.

Really don't understand why kickoff wasn't moved up to noon for the 2a and kick this game off at 4:00. They could have done that yesterday
That's a good question. I wish I could sit in on the meetings when they decide these things. I do know the rains have been forecasted for a few days now. A plan should have been in place just in case. Maybe NC State and UNC had those time slots taken, but idk.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT