ADVERTISEMENT

Burns hosts Shelby

Can Burns kicker make kicks ? Or was it just a bad night? That could really hurt in the playoffs. That was the only weakness I saw from Burns tonight

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Allen was DQ not ejected. He will be able to play next week.

Burns played sloppy and I was hoping the ignorant reaction from Allen wouldn’t bite us. They wanted it and they earned it. Have to cut out the penalties for the playoffs though.
That's a surprise, looked like he threw a punch. Was complete opposite side of the field from me though

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Can Burns kicker make kicks ? Or was it just a bad night? That could really hurt in the playoffs. That was the only weakness I saw from Burns tonight
Yea he's usually OK. The first missed fg was on the end I was sitting at. It looked like the ball was falling off the tee as he was coming to kick. I could be wrong though. He just missed the 2nd one.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Too many distractions this week. Once I heard the news I knew we would have a hard time with Burns. Not just with the missing players but also with the mental aspect of everyone else on the team including the coaches. The score was actually better than I thought it would be.

Question for any knowledgeable football fan. If your running back is averaging probably around 6-7 yards a carry and can bust a TD any given play and 2 of your top 3 WRs are out why do you call pass plays 90% of the time?

Full strength and better play calling (especially against a blitz on every single play!) we can win.

Question is will we be at full strength for the playoffs? I've heard we could be.

Too many distractions this week. Once I heard the news I knew we would have a hard time with Burns. Not just with the missing players but also with the mental aspect of everyone else on the team including the coaches. The score was actually better than I thought it would be.

Question for any knowledgeable football fan. If your running back is averaging probably around 6-7 yards a carry and can bust a TD any given play and 2 of your top 3 WRs are out why do you call pass plays 90% of the time?

Full strength and better play calling (especially against a blitz on every single play!) we can win.

Question is will we be at full strength for the playoffs? I've heard we could be.
I have said the same thing, just said it to SL earlier. Shelby gets a little too pass happy for my liking. Kee is a good back, just doesn’t get enough carries.

BBB- me personally I think 1 of the 2 that were suspended would have made a difference in some coverage abilities/schemes. Was able to really lock in on Hamilton with him being out. The other one I personally feel that their best player at that position was still able to play. In all I believe it took away some big play ability in the fact that Lee would have had a better opportunity to get the ball out of his hands quick and let him make a play with his legs. I do still think we would have been too much. Burns played ball control all night long, which was the plan going in. I believe we would have changed our play call if Shelby would have been able to put points in the board and that’s when it could have turned to a shootout. The defense is just some tough junk yard dogs though, and I believe it’s going to be tough for any 2A team to be able to really consistently get going against us.

What if Shelby gets the guys back

At full strength it's a toss up if they play FH, Monroe, even Burns again. Salisbury is kind of a mystery, and somewhat so is Reidsville. I still dont think they will get the trophy. Everybody in the west kinda sucks at the same level compared to last season. I think Burns and Monroe are the favorites and suck less than everybody else, but FH has the best shot at beating both of them out of anyone.

Best LB didn't play being sick 3rd rec didn't play due to being sick, one of lineman out sick and your best rec playmaker out, and no.2 rb - Db out..
So really how would Burns had faired if those players for them were out?
We didn't have a answer for the run on outside edge.
But Lee look lost, nervous etc without some of key players.
Defense stayed on field too much.
Maybe we all get to see what rematch looks like.
BTW, Blue changed nothing on offense, Devine knew what we were doing before we even hiked ball.
Got to do better on play calling on offense to much talent on team.
And for love of God, learn to tackle

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
Best LB didn't play being sick 3rd rec didn't play due to being sick, one of lineman out sick and your best rec playmaker out, and no.2 rb - Db out..
BTW, Blue changed nothing on offense, Devine knew what we were doing before we even hiked ball.
Burns coach seems to have yalls number

If your defense is not tackling by this time in the season, they're not going to the rest of the season. You're toast in the playoffs. Just waiting to see how many rounds it takes for you to turn brown. Maybe 1, maybe 2

Reactions: Crestuff
Shelby not having Bridges is like Burns not having Thompson. He had scored 20 touchdowns to this point and could take any play to the house.

Reactions: Lion Attack
I really wanted to see the LJ Allen and Bridges matchup Friday. I think that would be fun to watch.

They'll get past Forest Hills.

Question for the Shelby posters. With yall missing some key pieces last night, how much of a difference do you think the game would have been?
Obviously, more competitive, but I really liked Burns, defensively…. Big bodies in the trenches, strong at linebacker, strong in the secondary, not many weaknesses.

Last edited:
Falls. who starts at receiver, was also out. The sophomore has size and great hands. He was definitely missed. Everyone saw the dropped passes. But, Burns was very impressive, nothing any of us can say diminishes that.

Obviously, more competitive, but I really Burns, defensively…. Big bodies in the trenches, strong at linebacker, strong in the secondary, not many weaknesses.
Speaking of LB. This kid gets overlooked some with having the App St commit Haynes on the field beside him but a name to watch the next 2 years for Burns is Sophomore LB Marshall McGowan. #23

At full strength it's a toss up if they play FH, Monroe, even Burns again. Salisbury is kind of a mystery, and somewhat so is Reidsville. I still dont think they will get the trophy. Everybody in the west kinda sucks at the same level compared to last season. I think Burns and Monroe are the favorites and suck less than everybody else, but FH has the best shot at beating both of them out of anyone.

Reidsville has more talent and more experience compared to last season. Just got to put it together and consistent

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT