ADVERTISEMENT

Burns hosts Shelby

What kind of offense does Forest Hills run?
FH leans mostly on a shotgun passing game led by 6'3" Jr. QB Brady Hibbard a transfer out of Providence High in Charlotte. They have several great fast receivers that don't drop many. They also have a trio of running backs when needed. Punt/Kick returner is dangerous. Christian Washington #3 returner in the state. Took one back against Monroe last night. When they're clicking the offense is good. The Defense is the strength. Probably the best linebacker in Union County Jr. Caiden Smith and two big edge rushers. Especially D-1 commitment Sr. Ephraim Deese 6'4" 220.

hard 2nd round game in 2 weeks, but I dont think Shelby gets past Forest Hills unless Shelby gets up early fast and keeps scoring on most of their possessions.

Forest Hills and Monroe both start off slow but you can't stop them once they get started, best you can do is take the lead EARLY and try to stay ahead until time runs out. Too many 3 and outs and they both will have you beat.

If either one of them is in the lead by middle of the 3rd quarter your chances of coming back and winning are 5% at best.
No matter if it's Forest Hills or Shelby Burns better bring their A game in round 2.

FH leans mostly on a shotgun passing game led by 6'3" Jr. QB Brady Hibbard a transfer out of Providence High in Charlotte. They have several great fast receivers that don't drop many. They also have a trio of running backs when needed. Punt/Kick returner is dangerous. Christian Washington #3 returner in the state. Took one back against Monroe last night. When they're clicking the offense is good. The Defense is the strength. Probably the best linebacker in Union County Jr. Caiden Smith and two big edge rushers. Especially D-1 commitment Sr. Ephraim Deese 6'4" 220.
I see a rematch in week 2 ....of the 94 semis

Speaking of LB. This kid gets overlooked some with having the App St commit Haynes on the field beside him but a name to watch the next 2 years for Burns is Sophomore LB Marshall McGowan. #23
I was impressed with 23 last night . This morning I looked at the roster and seen he’s a sophomore 😳 that’s a full grown man .. he’s a monster!!!!

We shouldn’t show up

Up to coach that's still up in air.. but I'm sure we have our no.3 rec, best LB Eskridge and Lineman back, and hopefully them too

I guess it’s win at all costs, huh? No respect for a coach who allows them immediately back on the team. Idc who it is, what legacy they have or nothing. That would do nothing but send a message of “we don’t care what you do or what happens off the field as long as you can help us win games”. We’ll go ahead and tab the 2022 playoff run as “the longest yard”

I guess it’s win at all costs, huh? No respect for a coach who allows them immediately back on the team. Idc who it is, what legacy they have or nothing. That would do nothing but send a message of “we don’t care what you do or what happens off the field as long as you can help us win games”. We’ll go ahead and tab the 2022 playoff run as “the longest yard”

what did they do? You cant make a good judgement without details. As long as the discipline matches what the school did. If suspended for 2 weeks, then 2 weeks off the team.

I agree Chop, funny how he's making claims about a coach and doesn't even know what went on.
I never claimed he was , I said guess up to him...
I stated having our sick players back, and if they return great..not my call to make.

Someone sounds scared.

Someone sounds scared.
Nobodies scared. Come on back to Burns in the second round with everybody y'all have, that's cool. We'll be there.

All y'all have done since last night is said we had this and that out. Or if we had such and such it'd been different. As if Burns didn't lose their best WR before halftime. As if Burns played their best game and Shelby their worst. As if it wasn't in reality a 20 point game.

That's cool. Hope y'all get past Forest Hills because I promise you nobody will be scared if Shelby walks back into Burns in 2 weeks.

Literally all yall have done is make excuses for why Shelby lost. Maybe Burns was just better.

Last edited:
Nobodies scared. Come on back to Burns in the second round with everybody y'all have, that's cool. We'll be there.

All y'all have done since last night is said we had this and that out. Or if we had such and such it'd been different. As if Burns didn't lose their best WR before halftime. As if Burns played their best game and Shelby their worst. As if it wasn't in reality a 20 point game.

That's cool. Hope y'all get past Forest Hills because I promise you nobody will be scared if Shelby walks back into Burns in 2 weeks.

Literally all yall have done is make excuses for why Shelby lost. Maybe Burns was just better.
Burns was clearly better no question about that. Would Shelby like another shot, heck yeah. Might get dominated again but you never know, that is why you play the game. Shelby has to beat a higher seed first and what appears to be a very good ball team. So enjoy your victory you should you earned it and if Shelby can't win 2A I hope you guys do.

Adversity like early last week can't just be forgotten by Friday night. It affected everyone from the players all the way down to the fans. Even if the sick kids were there the mental aspect of the entire team wasn't.

The take away from the game for me is that the Shelby defense played good. Not great, but good. Still had some missed tackles but for the most part did ok. We only gave up 27 points to an offense that was averaging 40+ ppg (even against the non-conference opponents with the exception of KM). Major let down in the last two minutes of the first half and a terrible missed tackle in the backfield for the last score. Our offense, at full strength, is better than 27 points...they are definitely better than 14 points.

Hopefully we all get to see it again in two weeks with both teams bringing their best games.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
It did not work in Burns’ favor in 2010 (won at Asheville but lost at home to them in the playoffs) or in 2012 (beat Freedom at Ron Greene Stadium but lost to them in a game played at Kings Mountain because of the goat prank).
Shelby fans are eat up in excuses....oh we had all these players out as to why they lost to burns . Hell line em up and see. How many starters were out vs. Km and crust ? #0-3gooseeggsforacountywin

Shelby fans are eat up in excuses....oh we had all these players out as to why they lost to burns . Hell line em up and see. How many starters were out vs. Km and crust ? #0-3gooseeggsforacountywin
Calm down! If we are fortunate enough to get by Forest Hills and Burns beats us again, I will be pulling for Burns to win it all.

Pot meet kettle... LOL

Ill just leave this here from last year... Hendersonville thread.... Blamed everyone but god himself for losing to them...

Ill say again the players being there last friday wouldnt have made a difference IMO

Pot meet kettle... LOL

Ill just leave this here from last year... Hendersonville thread.... Blamed everyone but god himself for losing to them...

Ill say again the players being there last friday wouldnt have made a difference IMO
😂😂😂the “goats been milked” thread…. Dear Gawd! Lion…what have you done?

Pot meet kettle... LOL

Ill say again the players being there last friday wouldn't have made a difference IMO
That's why they are there and why they are stars, because they make a difference. How much? You don't know, sometimes a lot sometimes a little. You want them there your opponents a happy as heck they are gone. Burns may pray for Shelby's players health, but they hope they get well in the off season. It's the same everywhere.

Pot meet kettle... LOL

Lol....you got me there Ole buddy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT