ADVERTISEMENT

Burns hosts Shelby

Reidsville has more talent and more experience compared to last season. Just got to put it together and consistent
That’s debatable, on the outside looking in. Y’all have ballhawks in the secondary, but you really haven’t played against any great quarterbacks, or teams that were truly proficient at throwing the ball, if we’re being honest. Your run defense ain’t as good as last year’s team, either. Chopper is spot on, in my opinion.

That’s debatable, on the outside looking in. Y’all have ballhawks in the secondary, but you really haven’t played against any great quarterbacks, or teams that were truly proficient at throwing the ball, if we’re being honest. Your run defense ain’t as good as last year’s team, either. Chopper is spot on, in my opinion.

Have played against some solid running teams though. Page and eastern are as good as anyone running and o line wise in 2a. Last years team is probably ahead of this years team, but last years team had a little slump last year that we were concerned about

Receivers get open against Burns secondary but run defense is good but I’ll agree, not as good as last year. Burns lost two really good linebackers that were great against the run. They’ve replaced them but for some reason they don’t seem to be as good against the run.

Have played against some solid running teams though. Page and eastern are as good as anyone running and o line wise in 2a. Last years team is probably ahead of this years team, but last years team had a little slump last year that we were concerned about
True indeed, great point. But, who have y’all faced that could really throw the ball, and was natural at it. Teams you will face in the playoffs can do both.

Receivers get open against Burns secondary but run defense is good but I’ll agree, not as good as last year. Burns lost two really good linebackers that were great against the run. They’ve replaced them but for some reason they don’t seem to be as good against the run.
He’s a Reidsville guy, bro. Burns has a complete team. The Dogs are ready! One game at a time, though. The west is loaded.

So why did Shelby OC call pass plays 80-90% of the game. Make it make sense.

So why did Shelby OC call pass plays 80-90% of the game. Make it make sense.
They don’t seem to be as good against the run as last year. That doesn’t mean they aren’t good against it. Just making the comment that they don’t seem to be as good as last year at the run. He kept calling pass plays because they were open. OC can’t help they dropped some passes.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Here kitty, kitty!!!!

• Haha
Watched the game on YouTube I think KTC Broadcast (great job). I have some ties with Coach Diamont from up here in Surry County so I wanted to watch them in action. Burns controlled the clock and even with the penalties virtually controlled the game. The TD score before halftime was big for Burns. Wish I was in attendance. Hoping I can make a trip down for a playoff game.

They are biting. Loaded the boat Wednesday ! Fried a bunch up Thursday with some jalapeno hush puppies, Cole slaw, and homemade tarter sauce !
On another note : Can't figure this Rams team out. Not sure if we can get by the top teams or not, just have to wait and see. The intensity has looked much better the last two games, but it was McMichael and Morehead we played. We'll see. Loved Shelby's stadium last year ! Top notch ! Great team last year... Definitely the better team, but I did question our game plan. Ain't gonna lie, it was a long ride home.

They are biting. Loaded the boat Wednesday ! Fried a bunch up Thursday with some jalapeno hush puppies, Cole slaw, and homemade tarter sauce !
On another note : Can't figure this Rams team out. Not sure if we can get by the top teams or not, just have to wait and see. The intensity has looked much better the last two games, but it was McMichael and Morehead we played. We'll see. Loved Shelby's stadium last year ! Top notch ! Great team last year... Definitely the better team, but I did question our game plan. Ain't gonna lie, it was a long ride home.
What can ya tell us about Morehead?. Looks like they are coming to Burns

Having seen almost all of Reidsville's teams over the past 70 years or so, I would agree that this year's team has as much talent as any. The offensive line and the running game are the only non-great units and injuries have held them back.

312601406_6214054785289821_6410172596076201103_n.jpg

Really epic pic here. They've done a good job at making this bigger and bigger each game it seems like.

So a rematch in 2 weeks fellas?

hard 2nd round game in 2 weeks, but I dont think Shelby gets past Forest Hills unless Shelby gets up early fast and keeps scoring on most of their possessions.

Forest Hills and Monroe both start off slow but you can't stop them once they get started, best you can do is take the lead EARLY and try to stay ahead until time runs out. Too many 3 and outs and they both will have you beat.

If either one of them is in the lead by middle of the 3rd quarter your chances of coming back and winning are 5% at best.

hard 2nd round game in 2 weeks, but I dont think Shelby gets past Forest Hills unless Shelby gets up early fast and keeps scoring on most of their possessions.

Forest Hills and Monroe both start off slow but you can't stop them once they get started, best you can do is take the lead EARLY and try to stay ahead until time runs out. Too many 3 and outs and they both will have you beat.

If either one of them is in the lead by middle of the 3rd quarter your chances of coming back and winning are 5% at best.
What kind of offense does Forest Hills run?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT