ADVERTISEMENT

Brevard @ Reidsville

Rams are suspect against the run but can score quickly. Brevard will try to eat clock and pound it all night. Recipe for a closer game than expected.
No it won't. Don't try to work this game up to be a close contest to make you look better when you roll them. Brevard is an average team that got a good draw in the playoffs. This will be a blowout.

Reactions: Lion Attack
No it won't. Don't try to work this game up to be a close contest to make you look better when you roll them. Brevard is an average team that got a good draw in the playoffs. This will be a blowout.
But...Brevard is a beautiful piece of country, with mountains and waterfalls. It's winding roads can cause car sickness, and it's a cold place to play football when they're home in November.

So is Reidsville, figuratively speaking, lol. Since it's there, I'm going Rams by 22.

Last edited:

Dont make me break down the advantages of Brevard being used to playing on turf fields and their higher elevation helping their overall conditioning vs Reidsville.

In the game against West #55 was pretty good against the run. Made lot of tackles

I thought Ws did the best they could as well. They didn't have any turnovers, ints, special teams miscues and had a good game plan to play smash mouth. I do think they adjusted from the first game. Rams had to earn everything.

Reactions: TheMule
I thought Ws did the best they could as well. They didn't have any turnovers, ints, special teams miscues and had a good game plan to play smash mouth. I do think they adjusted from the first game. Rams had to earn everything.
Yes I thought west did the best they could. The #55 I was referring to was the lineman for Reidsville. He had a pretty good game

Reactions: tarheel fan1
I think you are confused. This is Reidsville. We are located in Rockingham County. There is another county in the state that is just ate up with themselves. What you mention is what they do. Not gonna name any names.

Also, we are just ranked #8 in the composite poll. It should be close.

I think you are confused. This is Reidsville. We are located in Rockingham County. There is another county in the state that is just ate up with themselves. What you mention is what they do. Not gonna name any names.

Please HoeyMan. Name em! I'm endlessly entertained by the likely result!

I have a ? for Reidsville. Is the tv station Rockingham update. Are they still broadcasting full games that have been posted on youtube. I notice they broadcast regular season and watch games of Reidsville that were played from a year ago, but so far i haven't seen any playoff games this year? I enjoyed watching on youtube.

I have a ? for Reidsville. Is the tv station Rockingham update. Are they still broadcasting full games that have been posted on youtube. I notice they broadcast regular season and watch games of Reidsville that were played from a year ago, but so far i haven't seen any playoff games this year? I enjoyed watching on youtube.
I think Joe Dexter and Co have branched off to RoCo radio.
Try this:

There's only a couple schools from that county that are full of themselves. The other 2 are realists.

tgt...how do you find the youtube link to the title games for reidsville in 1969 and 1970?? I am having no luck in the search......

tgt...how do you find the youtube link to the title games for reidsville in 1969 and 1970?? I am having no luck in the search......
I first added these videos to this forum in Dec. 2019 so some newer NC Preps followers may not know about them. Here they are again for your viewing pleasure:

A little history: the old reel-to-reel tapes of the games were converted to VHS about 15 years ago. I was on what they now call injured reserve for my senior season (1969) but coach Morris asked me to keep the stats for the team.

I still had my play-by-play notes and stats all those years later so I got together with the producer (Ram fan and tech expert Tim Bates) and former radio guy Wes Overby (aka RamBBQ). Wes used my script to narrate the video.

Mt. Airy and Pisgah fans: Obviously the video has a Reidsville slant with the call of the tackles, etc. But I think you'll enjoy watching it anyway.

Pisgah game 1970

Mt. Airy game 1969

thanks for the links but I dont understand how when I typed those titles into youtube they didn't show up??
I Googled it and found the old NC Preps thread that included it. I also have links saved on my computer.

Brevard is 10-2 and on a 10-game winning streak with 9 of those wins by three touchdowns or more margins. Only close game during the streak was 28-21 against Chase. Two blowout wins (44-13 and 36-7) in the playoffs. Looks to be a formidable opponent for Reidsville.
LOL your posts are ridiculous

When you look at both teams you have to like the match ups. Reidsville has the tradition on their side and will be up 7-0 just getting off the bus. Reidsville has also had a weakness stopping the run. Brevard understands the run game and will run right at Rams. Reidsville just gives you so much to defend and I just can't see anyone really stopping them. I got Reidsville by 21 points.

Reactions: BlueDevil95
Football Thanos?

A ring for each class and one for private school classification?

You gonna determine realignment with all 5 rings with a snap of the finger?

"I am inevitable. Now I know what I must do." *poof* all privates, charters, and magnets gone

Football Thanos?

A ring for each class and one for private school classification?

You gonna determine realignment with all 5 rings with a snap of the finger?

"I am inevitable. Now I know what I must do." *poof* all privates, charters, and magnets gone
LOL...I am worried my friend. All the Charter schools are coming up and they have a loop hole for students. Up north the private sectors are taking all of the talent from the public schools. North Carolina needs 5 classes but there is not easy way to divide it out. Someone is going to be left out. My question is if I use the reality stone what would happen? Every high school is trying to avoid someone.

• Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
As long as the internet connects, I'll posting scoring plays and stats here ... now 20 minutes on the clock before kickoff

R - Aidan Mansfield 3 run (pass failed), 10:03 first quarter

Rams passed it all the way down the field - 2 to Flippen, 1 to Harrison and 1 big one to Neal that took it the 3 ... then Mansfield scored on first running play

R - Queshyne Flippen 60 pass from Al Lee (run failed), 6:43 first quarter

12-0

Reactions: Ooooner
B - Isiah Phillips 2 run (run failed), 1:34 first quarter
2 mental mistake penalties helped the Blue Devils drive ... The TD runner is a lineman (no. 79),.
12-6 Reidsville

Reactions: Maiden Creek
END OF FIRST QUARTER
Brevard 6
Reidsville 20

R - Kendre Harrison 28 pass from Dionte Neal (Cam’ron Jones pass from Lee), 0:40 first quarter

B - Phillips 1 run (Hernando Hernandez kick), 7:23 second quarter

20-13 Reidsville

HALFTIME
Brevard 6 7
Reidsville 20 7

R - Kendre Harrison 28 pass from Dionte Neal (Cam’ron Jones pass from Lee), 0:40 first quarter
B - Phillips 1 run (Hernando Hernandez kick), 7:23 second quarter
R - Neal 15 pass from Lee (Grady Barrett kick), 2:24 second quarter

Lee 12 of 15 for 200 yards, 2 TDs
Neal 1 for 1, 28 yards TD passing
Neal 5 receptions 83 yards, TD
Flippen 3 receptions, 77 yards, TD
Harrison 3 receptions, 47 yards TD

Thompson has 45 yards rushing for Brevard; Kissinger 4 of 8 passing, 36 yards

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT