ADVERTISEMENT

Brackets being re-seeded

Glenn is ranked 5th in state in 4a. They're a 3rd seed and S Caldwell is 2 seed with a bye. No way under the sun it makes sense

Would have been the same in previous years. South Caldwell would have been a conference "champion" as they were the highest place team in their subclass of a split conference. It needs to be changed fir the future. Win the overall conference to be a one seed if you are from the larger subclass. If not you fall to your ranking.

This goes back to 1A class schools complaints that they should be treated the same as all other schools and classifications and the split conferences were not fair to them. This is the result that occurs

I'm sorry. If you have a losing record you don't deserve a 2 seed. Shelby and South Point shouldn't be second Rd game

What I thinks is messed up is that their are 8 4a teams and 8 1a teams that have a freaking 1st round bye. So why is their even 4 rounds then? In the years past I don't remember seeing anyone with a 1st round bye. Am I right or wrong on the past byes

Why so much crying. The cream will rise to the top anyway. Its not a foregone conclusion that you both win the 1st rd. I could see NC giving Shelby some resistance, this year anyway.

Why so much crying. The cream will rise to the top anyway. Its not a foregone conclusion that you both win the 1st rd. I could see NC giving Shelby some resistance, this year anyway.
It's not like Beam doesn't have experience playing Shelby

True..True..but maybe not as far as the blowout. S.pointe blew Hibriten out last year at Hibriten and Hibriten was the 1 seed. None of it really matters. As I said, The cream will always rise to the top.

There's always a conference or two that have a surplus of great, top-ranked teams. And then other conferences at the opposite end of the scale. That's just the way it is. At least all the strong teams get a chance these days. Used to be that some of the top teams in the state didn't even make the playoffs.

My chief complaint about the bracketing is that they allow teams from the same conference to meet in the first round.

Then, I've never liked the fact that non-public schools are in the same mix as the public schools..

But whatever. It's 11-on-11. Play ball.

Last edited:
I'm sorry their is 16 in 4a and 13 in 1a. A 3-8 1a team with a bye

1A and 4A have 48 teams in the playoff split into 24 for each subclass so there are byes in the first round.

2A and 3A are the same as in the past, 64 teams split into 32 so there are no byes.

1A and 4A have 48 teams in the playoff split into 24 for each subclass so there are byes in the first round.

2A and 3A are the same as in the past, 64 teams split into 32 so there are no byes.
All part of the current realignment process -- more schools in 3-A and 2-A than in 4-A and 1-A.
Everybody has known about the new splits and scheduled byes since last fall.

I understand the byes, but a 1-10 team getting a bye. Can't wrap my head around that one. I guess the won when they had too. Lol

All part of the current realignment process -- more schools in 3-A and 2-A than in 4-A and 1-A.
Everybody has known about the new splits and scheduled byes since last fall.
Looks like a few people missed the memo.

I understand the byes, but a 1-10 team getting a bye. Can't wrap my head around that one. I guess the won when they had too. Lol
Yeah ... a 1-10 team wins a conference and gets a bye?? What conference was that?

2AA west is loaded and Shelby as an 8th seed is a joke. 2nd best team in 2AA wil go out in the 2nd round.

Maybe go back to the old pre-determined brackets about three revisions ago. It had, for example, Mid-State No. 1 vs. Central Carolina No. 4 ... and so forth. Teams from the same conference couldn't meet until at least the third round.
Now who can argue with that?

Another question, how closely did the Max Prep rankings match up with Simmons or some of the others?

Yeah ... a 1-10 team wins a conference and gets a bye?? What conference was that?
They were in a split 3A/4A Conference with 2 4A teams.... That was their 1 win and were considered the 4A conference champions

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT