ADVERTISEMENT

Brackets being re-seeded

I called this weeks ago..

NCHSAA needs to keep changing crap every year. It may look all awesome on paper but it often falls to crap.

In the 4a bracket, they had S Caldwell receiving a bye and 2 seed with a 1 and 10 record. Glenn is 10 1 in same side of the bracket as a 3 seed

Brian...I hope you are wrong....would be a shame for Shelby and South Point to meet in the second round. Wouldn't really be fair to either team. Hopefully the NCHSAA will recognize this as well.

Most of the time the cream rises to the top. It just seems that the split conferences always causes issues with seeding.

Maybe there is some flexibility here to make it right. I know the conference gets 2 in the playoffs, but my opinion they should stay home. I'm sure there is a more deserving team out there with 2 or more wins. Lol

I think they should throw out the rule that both sides of a split conference get a 1 seed. That's how you wind up with 1-10 S. Caldwell getting a 1 seed. Should qualify as an at-large in my opinion and be the 16 seed.

Reactions: beamer24
I don't really follow 4a that much, but just looking at maxpreps there are a bunch of teams bad won/loss records. So I guess a one win team is deserving ugh considering there a far fewer 4a teams

Tarheelg g and Simmons are hired. It would be better if there were an in-state service that could rank these teams, instead of using a national ranking system. They could actually see some teams play and give an unbiased opinions. Business opportunity????

I think teams that are the smaller A winner in split conferences should not get top seeds or even a guaranteed place unless they get a certain amount of wins like two and strength of schedule should be considered

Mount Pleasant was originally expected to go 2AA East. However, something must have happened in the east, because Mt Pleasant is back in the 2AA West and was a conference champion. It pushed the highest ranked #2 team to the 8th seed. NCHSAA brackets now match Simmons 2AA West projections.

They have a formula ... should be simple to fill in the blanks using the formula. Obvious that there are serious flaws in the formula.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT