Nov 7, 2018
Graham County
Going by last years numbers:
1a robbinsville vs perquimans
1aa mitchell vs tarboro

If tarboro and Mitchell drops down:
1a robbinsville vs tarboro
1aa mount airy vs holmes

I know its far off and theres no telling how things will play out with injuries, adms, teams falling apart etc. But figured it would be fun to go ahead and make some bold predictions and see if your right by years end.

I think perquimans will be the last team in 1aa. Their adm is one higher than rosewood

Friday night will tell the story on Ma and ES. Bears are young but i see this being a close game. With the Bears being young if these two see each other again the Bears could be improved by a western regional final. Of coarse Mitchell will have a lot to say about that if they stay big. The Mounties have been impressive this year, still think either of these two can play with them though. But Either way good luck to all teams playing Friday night with playoff implications on the line

I think ma has got some good young players coming up , but I’ve said it before East surry lost some very good players, but they are still very good . I don’t think this game is close.

Reactions: UNC91
I’d go with robbinsville , Murphy , Mitchell if those are small , don’t understand Mitchell being ranked at 1 in state , Mount airy ranked at 12 bears Mitchell , gonna be robbinsville with the 1a crown and tarboro 1aa

My prediction is the 1A west championship should be the state title game again.

I’d go with robbinsville , Murphy , Mitchell if those are small , don’t understand Mitchell being ranked at 1 in state , Mount airy ranked at 12 bears Mitchell , gonna be robbinsville with the 1a crown and tarboro 1aa
I wouldn't have Mitchell at #1 ether but remember that out of the 3 Maxpreps , NC Prep and Simmons , Maxpreps is a computer algorithm it doesn't look at pass accomplishments or a schools that are traditional powers. Just the numbers it's giving scores, strength of schedule etc no one but them really knows all of the formula which is why it wouldn't be used anymore in the playoffs. But the computer isn't influenced by human bias and in some cases that helps and in some leaving out the human factors hurt like I assume they don't look at like a human would say if a team is high rank but you found out that their QB or best RB etc is hurt or out for the season will obviously influence were you rank them.

A lot this also depends on injuries reading Murphy/Robbinsville thread looks like they both already have some, Mitchell lost one of their starting receivers in the first game this year, last season ( though I'm sure I'll get push back on this) but it's just my opinion I can't say for positive the out come would have been any different but I believe Mitchell last year probably lost the championship in the Polk game when their QB hurt his ankle and because he couldn't rest it , it just kept getting worse in the first drive in the East Surry game I was told in the huddle he told his teammates something like he wasn't sure he could make though the whole game plus in the 4th he not only had the ankle but cracked ribs so imagine if he could have played that game healthy. Thing is a key player can make a big difference and I just hope and pray all the kids who are healthy now stay healthy and some who are injured can get healthy before the playoffs and every game can be between two teams at their best and no games lost to covid

Last edited:
A lot this also depends on injuries reading Murphy/Robbinsville thread looks like they both already have some, Mitchell lost one of their starting receivers in the first game this year, last season ( though I'm sure I'll get push back on this) but it's just my opinion I can't say for positive the out come would have been any different but I believe Mitchell last year probably lost the championship in the Polk game when their QB hurt his ankle and because he couldn't rest it , it just kept getting worse in the first drive in the East Surry game I was told in the huddle he told his teammates something like he wasn't sure he could make though the whole game plus in the 4th he not only had the ankle but cracked ribs so imagine if he could have played that game healthy. Thing is a key player can make a big difference and I just hope and pray all the kids who are healthy now stay healthy and some who are injured can get healthy before the playoffs and every game can be between two teams at their best and no games lost to covid
Noah was hurting no doubt, but he also rushed for 100 yards, and passed 200+ in that game. No question East Surry was the more talented team, but Mitchell outcoached and outplayed them. They won on pure talent, and a stroke of luck on the last play.

Noah was hurting no doubt, but he also rushed for 100 yards, and passed 200+ in that game. No question East Surry was the more talented team, but Mitchell outcoached and outplayed them. They won on pure talent, and a stroke of luck on the last play.
Yeah the game would have came down to the two point conversion but probably just as well by then like I said Noah had cracked ribs. And yes he still had good stats just saying that was at 60% at best. But there's no way to know if at 100% if it would have been a different outcome. Point is key injuries can have a big affect in the playoffs especially in even marched games making it somewhat hard to predict.

From what I understand, once the playoffs start, all it takes is one positive COVID test for a teams season to end. It could happen to any team and will probably happen at least once. I’m sure coaches are on pins and needles hoping their team isn’t the unlucky one. The matchup in the finals may be who avoided this crappy virus.

Friday night will tell the story on Ma and ES. Bears are young but i see this being a close game. With the Bears being young if these two see each other again the Bears could be improved by a western regional final. Of coarse Mitchell will have a lot to say about that if they stay big. The Mounties have been impressive this year, still think either of these two can play with them though. But Either way good luck to all teams playing Friday night with playoff implications on the line

The one thing Mountaineer’s know is you can’t leave the regional finals in the hands of referees.

East Surry and Mitchell had a great game , but claiming that one call cost them the game is getting overplayed .Those refs were terrible they had a call or two that helped Mitchell score one of those tds.I was standing in the next to the kid and I agree he was in, I just believe the game should have not even been that close period.East Surry was running more than they had all season ,they played with way less drive that night . I think it’s incorrect for people to keep claiming that Mitchell would have scored 2 and won .Refs were awful both ways period.

Talking with some of those kids last season out of the last 2 games Mitchell , tarboro,and mountain island , they thought that charter team was the strongest , those kids didn’t get enough credit , but they had a very strong team.Hadnt heard a lot of buzz about them since

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
Bad draft year for mic I guess.
They've still got a kid headed to UNC. Schedule they've played has been rough--somehow only 1 of the 4 bottom teams in their league ended up on their schedule, and played two good 2A teams out of conference-- but you'd still think they'd be better than 1-5 all things considered.

East Surry and Mitchell had a great game , but claiming that one call cost them the game is getting overplayed .Those refs were terrible they had a call or two that helped Mitchell score one of those tds.I was standing in the next to the kid and I agree he was in, I just believe the game should have not even been that close period.East Surry was running more than they had all season ,they played with way less drive that night . I think it’s incorrect for people to keep claiming that Mitchell would have scored 2 and won .Refs were awful both ways period.
They hadn’t stopped us from getting 3 yards all night. Y’all were the better team but for the game to end on that play was sad. The Murphy game we got the worst roughing the passer call in the history of football. Murphy was better in the 4th quarter that game but it’s sad they can’t get better refs for hs games period. Part of it is low pay and catching heck from fans like me lol.

You must not have been there 2 times helmets came off from facemasking, no flag, East lined up offsides all night no flags, taunting a hurt player on the field no flags it was all night not just the last call we totally got screwed in that game

Reactions: Mhsneer
The game was called even enough for most of the game. It took 12 east Surry players to beat Mitchell's 11. Fact is, East Surry couldn't stop Mitchell, nor could Mitchell stop East Surry. Not to mention the facemasks that weren't called and the constant running of mouths that went unchecked all night, especially after the last play. Classless coaching, pure and simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
You must not have been there 2 times helmets came off from facemasking, no flag, East lined up offsides all night no flags, taunting a hurt player on the field no flags it was all night not just the last call we totally got screwed in that game
East Surry had lost to Tarboro in 2018 and had everyone back and was far better than 2018, with that said and them giving Reidsville there only lose in a year they win another 2A state championship, East Surry is the only team from the west that could have beat Tarboro in 2019. Not only did they beat Tarboro they did it by somewhat of a blowout. East Surry 56 Tarboro 28, the worst they had been beaten since losing to Washington 42-7 in 2014. East Surry probably watched that 2018 game over and over many times to see Tarboros weaknesses and had them beat in their heads before taking the field. People's helmets come off in the NFL all the time without flags being thrown. With 22 players on the field, there are many calls missed because the Refs cant see everyone. You can't replay that game and win so why keep harping on it. No team from the west be East Surry could have beat Tarboro that year.

You don’t miss tds standing right in front of the play looking at the guys foot. There’s a picture of the ref looking right at the kids foot.

Reactions: Purple1995
Bullshit. The game was called even enough for most of the game. It took 12 east Surry players to beat Mitchell's 11. Fact is, East Surry couldn't stop Mitchell, nor could Mitchell stop East Surry. Not to mention the facemasks that weren't called and the constant running of mouths that went unchecked all night, especially after the last play. Classless coaching, pure and simple.
Yeah I'd like a rematch this year in Mitchell co

Reactions: Mhsneer
There is picture of the ref staring at the no call pass interference between saints and rams...but we still got screwed. Unfortunately lousy officials are part of the game at times...even at the highest level.

Reactions: TD-FridayNight
East Surry had lost to Tarboro in 2018 and had everyone back and was far better than 2018, with that said and them giving Reidsville there only lose in a year they win another 2A state championship, East Surry is the only team from the west that could have beat Tarboro in 2019. Not only did they beat Tarboro they did it by somewhat of a blowout. East Surry 56 Tarboro 28, the worst they had been beaten since losing to Washington 42-7 in 2014. East Surry probably watched that 2018 game over and over many times to see Tarboros weaknesses and had them beat in their heads before taking the field. People's helmets come off in the NFL all the time without flags being thrown. With 22 players on the field, there are many calls missed because the Refs cant see everyone. You can't replay that game and win so why keep harping on it. No team from the west be East Surry could have beat Tarboro that year.
Yeah helmets come off but by God when a East player is still holding it it's a facemask plain and simple and to say we wouldn't beat Tarboro technically we beat surry, just got screwed on the call

You don’t miss tds standing right in front of the play looking at the guys foot. There’s a picture of the ref looking right at the kids foot.
I've never seen it but my main point was no one from the west could have beaten Tarboro without have playing them the year before and everyone back far better than the year before. East Surry had a mission in 2019 and the team to carry it out. I can't say any team from the NWC will play for the State Championship this year, I just don't see it but they do have a chance to prove me wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT