ADVERTISEMENT

Best Current NC HS FB Coach?

Do we rate the best coaches in the state by wins and loses? Are they based on championships won? In both of the above mentioned criteria 50% - 60% of the success has to go to great athletes. I know they have to be coached and taught but athletic ability alone will be enough to beat many teams.

In my opinion, the best coaches are people that can turn a young man’s life around. Someone who can teach a kid life shouldn’t be about me, me, me. Someone who teaches a kid to be accountable not just to the coach but to his teammates. A coach that teaches respect and sportsmanship can be a great coach regardless of his win loss record. In my book great coaches are not only ranked on wins and loses but also what they can demonstrate in their own lives that can make kids better people after football. Who is the best coach is a very subjective question. The answer depends on what your looking for.

Do we rate the best coaches in the state by wins and loses? Are they based on championships won? In both of the above mentioned criteria 50% - 60% of the success has to go to great athletes. I know they have to be coached and taught but athletic ability alone will be enough to beat many teams.

In my opinion, the best coaches are people that can turn a young man’s life around. Someone who can teach a kid life shouldn’t be about me, me, me. Someone who teaches a kid to be accountable not just to the coach but to his teammates. A coach that teaches respect and sportsmanship can be a great coach regardless of his win loss record. In my book great coaches are not only ranked on wins and loses but also what they can demonstrate in their own lives that can make kids better people after football. Who is the best coach is a very subjective question. The answer depends on what your looking for.
It's all good. This seems like a very subjective thread. Who fits those given criteria?

I’m not trying to take anything away from the coaches mentioned in this thread. They could all fit into the qualities I mentioned as well. I’m just saying it’s not all about wins and loses. From what I’ve seen over the years I’d say CC has done more with less talent than most schools in the state.

Last edited:
I’m not trying to take anything away from the coaches mentioned in this thread. They could all fit into the qualities I mentioned as well. I’m just saying it’s not all about wins and loses. From what I’ve seen over the years I’d say CC has done more with less talent than most schools in the state.
You're not the first to have said that. It's also a challenge to balance a ton of talent too. I have always joked that we only play with one football and to keep everyone happy on talented team is definitely a task.

No doubt about that. That would be a problem every head coach would love to have at least once in a while.

Here's a few off the top of my head m.

Willert at East Forsyth

Teague at Reidsville

Ferebe at Chambers

Wright - at Gibbons

Bailey - at Scotland

Till - at Richmond

Capone - at Weddington
lol... I love my Scots... but Bailey don't need to be up there... he gets out coached every year in the Playoffs... he's ok...but not in the name of the top coach's in NC.

lol... I love my Scots... but Bailey don't need to be up there... he gets out coached every year in the Playoffs... he's ok...but not in the name of the top coach's in NC.
Same can be said for Till at Richmond. Decent record before Richmond, but didn’t set the world on fire. Also didn’t win one with arguably the most talent to come through RC in close to 20 years.

In Nepsy's defense, Teague was kinda average in his 2 years at GW Danville which is 3A (Equivalent to North Carolina's 4A) in 2010 & 2011. West Forsyth beat both of those teams in a home & away series.
Well reidsville was beating gw Danville as well

SammyK from Rolesville is defintely one of the best. They had the athletes, he got them to play together. The other obvious choices have to be HC's at Dudley, Tarboro, Chambers, CG, CC, and many others. There are a ton of great coaches in this state.

Reactions: AmosAlonzoStagg
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT