ADVERTISEMENT

Ardrey Kell @ Catholic

CatholicCougs14

Jan 4, 2013
Catholic and AK square up at Keffer Stadium in a battle of two teams that appear to be heading in opposite directions. Catholic looks to finally start getting healthy in their front 7 with a starting DE returning along with the possibility of Chase Foley returning although they may hold him out until Monroe which is after our bye week.

Despite their injuries Catholic has taken care of business by beating South Meck and Country Day like they should after a thrilling win over Christian.

Meanwhile, AK has scored 20 points the entire year having been shutout by Weddington and Marvin Ridge and barely losing to Myers Park in OT.

After watching the Knights film vs Marvin Ridge I was really not impressed. Marvin Ridge blew them off the ball at the line of scrimmage and dominated all night long. AK had major trouble on special teams with a couple snaps going over the punters head twice in the second half. One of them resulting in a huge tacle for loss.

Overall, I was not impressed by AK vs Marvin Ridge. Not sure what happened in the Myers Park game if the Mustangs were playing down to the Knights or if it was just a good matcup.

I don't think they have the horses on defense to stop Catholic. I truly believe the Cougars have three D1 backs right now in Milan Howard, Michael Neel and Lamagae McDowell. I think all three truly have FCS/FBS level talent.

As for the Cougar passing game Chris Walton has done well so far in his three starts and is improving with every game.

As for the Cougar defense they have really played well overall. I think they should do fairly well vs AK and force a few turnovers. Two players in particular to watch are Billy Brewer and Ty Foley both sophomores starting at LB for Catholic and doing very well.

Overall I think Catholic if they play their game and don't take AK lightly will roll in this one and be 4-0 heading into their bye week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT