ADVERTISEMENT

Ardrey Kell @ Catholic Preview

CatholicCougs14

Jan 4, 2013
Coming off of a huge win on he road at West Meck the Cougars come home to take on South Charlotte rival Ardrey Kell. This game will be for the So Meck 8 title.
The Cougars really have come together the last two weeks and played their best game of the season in back to back weeks. The game vs West Meck I felt was their most complete game of the season.
The Cougars bring what AK has struggled against, a very well executed running game. I am watching the Marvin Ridge game and early on it seemed like they have a good amount of success vs AK on the ground.
Harding had quite a day on AKs defense putting up 54pts.
Milan Howard and Jack Brigham both have been having excellent season and it looks like Brigham could go over 1000 yards for the season in this game. Also be on the lookout for Michael Neel, he had a fantastic grab vs West Meck and I think is a future bright spot for the Catholic offense.
Brady Berger has also had a great season and really has improved it seems like every game since the Christian game. Not sure on his full stats vs West Meck but I'd say he had around 150-200 yards and 3 TDs.
For Catholic they will need to contain AK's athletes, while their defense may be porous Catholic cannot take them lightly. I think if Catholic can come out focused and ready they can do just that. The DL has really begun to come into their own and get pressure on the QB which was a problem early on in the season, but especially over the last two games Reid Brandt and the rest of the DL have broken out ina big way.
I think if Catholic plays their brand of focused football they will take this game by 2-3 scores. Not sure AK can stop Catholic on the ground, Berger will have to watch for Gray AK's stud sophomore(I think) DB who looks like he will be a top recruit, but if they can play mistake free football they'll be well on their way to a conference title.
Your thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT