ADVERTISEMENT

Archbishop Moeller vs Mallard Creek

Vik-Val 86

May 20, 2020
Classic matchup here. A power team from Ohio. How in the world in I missed this one. Definitely interesting game coming up. Any thoughts on this game.?

Reactions: Chopper747
Classic matchup here. A power team from Ohio. How in the world in I missed this one. Definitely interesting game coming up. Any thoughts on this game.?
Because of the Cardinal Gibbons games not happening. Creek was able to schedule this one, as they needed a game. So, looks like we'll be playing this one during the bye week.

Vik, should I call you Vik-Val or something else?
Man Yeah to your question. So with Mallard Creek competing against these incredible, thrilling, heart-pounding high skilled programs, traveling miles and letting everyone know they cant take the shine away, I think we may witness a new champion rise. But if not, yes, yes, yes, yes I know many of the athletes are destined to college, which is always the cover up for not achieving the ultimate victory!

Tanks Memorial Stadium in Ironton, Ohio as of today on Saturday at Noon. 5-hour drive.
Hopefully they are going up Friday night. That would be rough getting up early Saturday morning then drive 5 hours and play a game.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Does this team have big time fbs prospects?
Cooper McCutchan TE, 6'4" 220 3/star numerous power 5 offers
Sam Hamilton TE, 6'4" 230 3/star numerous power 5 offers
Matt Ponatoski QB, 6'2" 190 3/star Cincinatti commit
Micah Rice S, 6'2" 190 Louisville commit
Jonah Hayes 6'6" 215 Northwestern commit
Jovan Love 6'3" 190 Army commit

Currently ranked the #1 team in Cincinnati and the #4 team in the State of Ohio.

Last edited:
My brother use to live up near Cincinnati Ohio. I would go visit about twice a year. Seems like more times than not we get caught up in traffic jamb on interstate due to a wreck or something. Good thing MC is leaving Friday evening. Safe travels for MC as they go up.

Reactions: Champ_24
Tanks Memorial Stadium in Ironton, Ohio as of today on Saturday at Noon. 5-hour drive.
Tanks Memorial Stadium was the home of the Ironton Tanks semi-pro football team, which played in the American Professional Football Association that later became the NFL in 1930. Their overall record was 83 wins, 19 loses, and 14 ties, and they beat the Chicago Bears and the New York Giants. The Tanks disbanded in 1931, and many of their players moved on to other NFL teams.

This information is shown on a State of Ohio Historical Monument at the stadium which can be read on Google Maps photos, so I assume it is all true.

Ironton is in Eastern Ohio on the north side of the Ohio River. Kentucky is across the river on the south side, so Ironton is very near the intersection of Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia.

Sounds like a pretty interesting old place. The stadium is old and oddly enough the stands are covered, but the the whole place looks very well maintained and the artificial turf looks to be in great condition.

Last edited:
Right now, at this point, I'd go with Moeller 31-14
The anticipated matchup between Moeller and Mallard Creek high schools may not take place at Tanks Memorial Stadium in Ironton, Ohio. The game may be called because of a weather system moving through. My wild guess is that MC will stop Moeller on their previous series. They will drive down inside the 15 with 4 minutes, 46 seconds left to play. Game will be called because of weather. Tied 31-31!

Reactions: Blue and Gold22
The anticipated matchup between Moeller and Mallard Creek high schools may not take place at Tanks Memorial Stadium in Ironton, Ohio. The game may be called because of a weather system moving through. My wild guess is that MC will stop Moeller on their previous series. They will drive down inside the 15 with 4 minutes, 46 seconds left to play. Game will be called because of weather. Tied 31-31!
Ironton, Ohio Weather at 1:00pm Mostly Sunny
86F 62C Precipitation: 2%
Wind: 8 MPH
Humidity: 34%
Mostly sunny
Sat 14, 5:52 PM

Beautiful weather all day.

No disrespect to Ohio or anywhere else but its a pisser that currently there are teams from Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Nevada, etc...ranked ahead of North Carolina teams. Kentucky? Seriously. I like the Creek in this one.

No disrespect to Ohio or anywhere else but it’s a pisser that currently there are teams from Kentucky, Tennessee, Ohio, Nevada, etc...ranked ahead of North Carolina teams. Kentucky? Seriously. I like the Creek in this one.
Idk about the other states you mentioned but it’s been some big time nationally recognized programs in Ohio. I dare to maybe say Ohio is more respected than NC in HSFB. NC still has the stigma of being a basketball state. This state has pumped out some incredible basketball players, including recently. NC hoopers are consistently going in the lottery in the nba draft.

Idk about the other states you mentioned but it’s been some big time nationally recognized programs in Ohio. I dare to maybe say Ohio is more respected than NC in HSFB. NC still has the stigma of being a basketball state. This state has pumped out some incredible basketball players, including recently. NC hoopers are consistently going in the lottery in the nba draft.
You pretty much have it right. Ohio has some very good teams, Moeller, St. Edward, Washington, Archbishop Hoban, Avon, Olentangy Liberty, St. Xavier (Cincinnati) among others. With Kentucky I'd raise the same question, unless you're talking about Trinity out of Louisville, KY. Apart from Bishop Gorman, I'd wonder about Nevada as well. In Tennessee, there are a couple of pretty good teams. You have McCallie out of Chattanooga and Oakland out of Murfreesboro.

Spent a ton of time watching the storied programs when I lived there 1990- 96. Not as familiar now but I would say athletically some of the top NC schools and certainly schools like Grayson and Bufurd could hang all day. Systemically and coaching is where the difference lies. Schools ST X, Elder, Mollerr have college level position coaches versus NC schools where your lucky to get a guy to show up in many cases.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT