ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle @ North Moore

You gotta admit it...a J.V. team shutting out a varsity team back to back is impressive

I wouldn't call Chatham and North Moore varsity level. All very young. I actually made it to the game last night, and it was not a good sight to watch. Both Albemarle and NM looked like low level 1A. Painful watching NM's play calling all night.
Not playing to win, just to run clock out from the kickoff. Albemarle better than last year, but the backs prefer dancing in the backfield instead of using their speed to hit a corner and get upfield. Shocked by NM's fan support turnout and by Albemarle's lack thereof. Fans are a critical piece to turning a program around. On the bright side, NM didn't turn over the ball as in previous weeks. All in all, both programs have a looong way to go to compete on a state level. Both 40+ pt underdogs to Smoky Mountain teams. But hey, that first half took only 29 minutes to play.

Albemarle hasn’t had a good back since 2008, they’ve been doing the Tango and hopscotch since then. They can’t seem to get it through their skulls. But that’s coaching...obviously they’ve been using bad habits since flag football :rolleyes:

and everyone know Albemarle can’t beat a team in the smc...but hey, a wins a win... Nextweek is NR and I expect a decent crowd for ALB

Reactions: Buddy Rich
Nice post NM88...You are on point...It has been painful to watch my bulldogs last year and this year..I think we are slowly getting better but it is a work in progress..I agree we have a long way to go and with the big 3 in our conference coming up, it could be painful...However I do believe we finally have the right coach in place...He just needs time and the kids do too to develop....Davis choose to build his defense first, so that's 's one reason our offense is not very good...I think we will get better over the next year or two......

It seems like We could maintain a drive in the first 2 games

We actually had a really good drive in the 4th. I believe we got the ball back off an INT with 8:30 left and we drove down the field actually had a long run for a td (got called back on holding) anyway I believe NM got the ball back with under 1:30 left unfortunately we didn't walk away with pts on that but a couple of drive killing penalties. One was the holding that took the TD away and the other was a block in the back I think that brought a good gain back.

Reactions: BulldogsFollower
Nice post NM88...You are on point...It has been painful to watch my bulldogs last year and this year..I think we are slowly getting better but it is a work in progress..I agree we have a long way to go and with the big 3 in our conference coming up, it could be painful...However I do believe we finally have the right coach in place...He just needs time and the kids do too to develop....Davis choose to build his defense first, so that's 's one reason our offense is not very good...I think we will get better over the next year or two......

I agree Buddy. Our defense is solid and will be put to the test Friday against NR and again the following week. I found out last night that of course we were without our top RB but also without our next two backs as well.

Because they've looked the part so far and they have North Rowan at home (who struggled with S Stanly tonight).

Also south stanly is not the south stanly of old. Anybody who over looks them will have an opportunity to lose lol. Ask NR and EM.

South lost to east mont and north Rowan by a combined two pts. EM wiped the floor with west mont.

South Stanly is for sure the surprise team in the YVC....They can play with anybody...Hats off to the folks down in Norwood........

Also south stanly is not the south stanly of old. Anybody who over looks them will have an opportunity to lose lol. Ask NR and EM.

South lost to east mont and north Rowan by a combined two pts. EM wiped the floor with west mont.[/QUOTE

But don't you want them to be the South Stably of old?? The ones from the Charlie Phillips era?? They also had a decent mascot back then, not a politically incorrect and totally asinine Rebel Bull. I mean heck, that's offensive to bulls everywhere, especially those up North..... hmm. Rebel Comets, Rebel Bulldogs, Rebel Colts.. nah, doesn't work. What if they had put "rebel" in front of Rebel. The Rebel Rebels????

I wouldn't call Chatham and North Moore varsity level. All very young. I actually made it to the game last night, and it was not a good sight to watch. Both Albemarle and NM looked like low level 1A. Painful watching NM's play calling all night.
Not playing to win, just to run clock out from the kickoff. Albemarle better than last year, but the backs prefer dancing in the backfield instead of using their speed to hit a corner and get upfield. Shocked by NM's fan support turnout and by Albemarle's lack thereof. Fans are a critical piece to turning a program around. On the bright side, NM didn't turn over the ball as in previous weeks. All in all, both programs have a looong way to go to compete on a state level. Both 40+ pt underdogs to Smoky Mountain teams. But hey, that first half took only 29 minutes to play.
I hate watching a game like that. Playing scared just to keep the clock moving so the score is low making the game look closer than it should be. Play to win. Run, throw, misdirection plays, trick plays. Heck throw everything in the playbook at them. Win or lose go for the gold

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT