ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle @ North Moore

Well if the world didn't end over the last five seasons, you have seen the bottom. Albemarle is a well coached defensive team. Their offense could use a rb or two...which is what they lost to injury. IF they get one of the backs healthy, they may get your 5 wins you predicted Buddy. I tip my hat...you know the history, but you also still hit August practices. You are the "insider" of Bulldog football.

What's up with the middle school team? Did the previous high school coach ever work with them? I wonder if Davis is working with them. I don't know the logistics of High school coaches and middle school coaches working together. For example, Matthews NC may have 3 middle schools that will combine to 1 high school, so I can see the difficulty there, but for a small town like Albemarle, would they work with each other or not?

I don't care what middle school it is they should be running the same offense and defense that the high school runs. When Gaster came that was one of the first things that he made sure that was going to be done at the middle school. Running the same system at the middle school and high school is a no brainer.

I know we got away from that. I forgot the name of the coach that was there who went undefeated for like 8 years, but 26 power was a must... This new offense would be fun to watch if the kids had some reps with it and knew how to dance before they got to high school lol...ol well.

Well North Moore kicked the pups in their bellies (50-6) sent them whimpering last year like a newborn...in their own house...Albemarle needs to return the favor as a "Professional Courtesy" ;)
Last year We had 50 points put on Us a bunch. When We had those years in 2001, 02, 03, Our defense matched very good with the Offense. This year Our Offense has a ways to go

No intent on bashing the middle school but I saw them at West Stanly last week. They backed up on offense on most possessions. They have some decent size and speed, but the numbers are down as well. I think they had around 25 or so dressed? They have struggled to score points so far this year.

Reactions: atucker2
They backed up on offense on most possessions.

Well that's just coaching...

SN: it amazes me on how ALB Youth league can have about 80 kids participating and then only can dress 25 at the middle school...just doesn't add up. I expect at least 40: 7th grade 20 and eighth grade 20...:confused:

Sounds like the varsity, nipit..I understand there is some good talent in the 7th grade..

Yeah I agree sway. I think what I am looking at right now is the potential as it will be up to coach davis to develop them. Thank goodness we got our jv team back. We have two 8th graders that I think will help in the next year or two they have the size now to help. As far as the skill and talent I believe most of that is still very young and we will see them at the middle school next year. Next year is when our middle school will see that D2 team that was smacking everyone.

Reactions: sway1532
Nation, that D2 team lost two games last year. They didn't smack everyone around. Lmao

If I'm not mistaken Jack Gaster started the youth leagues...He also kept an eye on them and the middle school..I remember him busing the varsity over to the middle school games to encourage the team.........Davis needs to keep his hand in it like Jack did.....

It happens in sports people..2 great programs in the 2000's..Thomasville and Albemarle have come upon hard times....Talent runs in cycles and so does coaching....These 2 teams dominated 1A football during the 2000's....WHY? Great coaching!!!!!! Brown and Gaster...None better...

Reactions: Sleehrat84
It happens in sports people..2 great programs in the 2000's..Thomasville and Albemarle have come upon hard times....Talent runs in cycles and so does coaching....These 2 teams dominated 1A football during the 2000's....WHY? Great coaching!!!!!! Brown and Gaster...None better...

Burlington Cummings stands out even more to me now. They changed the game of football in NC in the late 1980's and continued to have success and state title up until a few years ago. Unreal.

The best program in the Carolinas for several years was Byrnes HS located just outside Spartanburg. Every youth team was the Rebels and ran the a skimmed down varsity playbook. Every other play had to be a pass once they where a certain age. They replicated the high school uniforms and colors. They did pregame and warmups like the high school team. Middle schools all ran the high school playbook and followed suit with all other aspects. When a player got to the high school they were not spending a week showing him the the basics and how to line up.

Burlington Cummings stands out even more to me now. They changed the game of football in NC in the late 1980's and continued to have success and state title up until a few years ago. Unreal.

Cummings is dormant due to redistricting and a severe change in demographics. The former hc who was a part of all their years of success either as an assistant or head coach warned 15 years ago that changing the district lines was squeezing out the traditions of the school. He saw it Cumming...bad pun....coming. :)

That's what I'm saying...all it takes is a phone call...I mean, why wouldn't the D1 D2 and middle school coaches wanna follow suit? :confused: lol

@atucker2 with the right coaching, that D2 team I saw a few years back is going to be a handful lol...I wanna say that other coaches were adding kids to their roster to compete with them if I'm not mistaken...whole thing blew up on facebook ;)

Sway, you accused NS D1 of adding players but Nation and I talking about Albemarle D2 team not D1 teams.

Sway, you accused NS D1 of adding players but Nation and I talking about Albemarle D2 team not D1 teams.

They lost two games last year. One win was against north who forfeited in the 3rd quarter and the score was 48-0. And that was D2 the full team will be at the middle school next year back together

Not all of them! One of their best defensive players is now a 7th grader at North and one of their better rb/cb(brother also) has been attending Locust for two yrs and believe is at WSMS. I agree that age group has been very competitive that's why I could not understand why the middle school team looked the way they did the other night.

Still losing talent to other schools I see....:(. These last 5 years have been damaging to ALB athletics. Can't say I blame the parents. And with D1 schools looking at NS kids doesn't help out either. I remember one of the N.C. State coaches; who stayed at Albemarle when Coach G was there, would go about all the kids in the weight room...:( I guess NS is hot right now...(in which they are and will drop 50 on my dogs this year)...ol well.

Still losing talent to other schools I see....:(. These last 5 years have been damaging to ALB athletics. Can't say I blame the parents. And with D1 schools looking at NS kids doesn't help out either. I remember one of the N.C. State coaches; who stayed at Albemarle when Coach G was there, would go about all the kids in the weight room...:( I guess NS is hot right now...(in which they are and will drop 50 on my dogs this year)...ol well.

Great win tonight by our jv 27-6 over north Moore jv. 2-0 good job boys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT