ADVERTISEMENT

ACR 62 Asheville 7

I truly felt sorry for Paisley, he is too talented to suffer through that mess. Asheville is the most unorganized, predictable offense that I’ve ever seen. Their QB can’t see his receivers, he just throws to a spot and hopes the receivers are there. Asheville used to be a great game and a fun rivalry, not sure what the future holds for them as their JV team wasn’t much better.

Reactions: GG4BAMA
However I do want to give our guys credit, a school record 3 Special Teams TD’s, great defense and very efficient offense. Coaches and players were focused and made the fans, and the two state championship teams that were honored tonight proud.

agreed i dont know a thing about ashevilles coaching staff ok, but lord i think there were 4 times in the first they dont even get a play called in on a 40 second play clock, thats ridiculous, congrats to our rockets anyway,

Low participation, with little talent, with no discipline, playing under bad coaching. I’m actually surprised half the team hasn’t quit already. I hope last night was the beginning of the end for the current regime. It’s one thing to lose, we expected that, but to not even compete is pathetic. And that’s on the coaches and the players. Shame on the coaches for not having the players ready to play and shame on the players for not having the dignity to play hard for each other and attempt to play spoiler. Imagine being a senior and going out like that. Getting spanked by your rival in a game they could have scored 100. Right before halftime we line up in man coverage before half time and one of the best WRs in NC torches his defender and scored a td with seconds left. How AWFUL of a defensive play call do you have to make to be in that coverage in that situation? Yea just put one guy on him with 30 seconds left. What’s the worst that could happen? PATHETIC.
You can see a direct correlation in the decline of the program and the physical strength of the players and names on the backs of the jerseys. This senior class lost 3-4 times with Reynolds and weren’t competitive in a single game. Changes need to be made, but I don’t expect it. Football isn’t a priority in the administration and football isn’t a priority to some of the most important guys on the team either

I truly felt sorry for Paisley, he is too talented to suffer through that mess. Asheville is the most unorganized, predictable offense that I’ve ever seen. Their QB can’t see his receivers, he just throws to a spot and hopes the receivers are there. Asheville used to be a great game and a fun rivalry, not sure what the future holds for them as their JV team wasn’t much better.
Paisley is a beast. A truly great talent that I feel genuinely sorry for. A phenomenal athlete that was stuck on teams that couldn’t win a playoff game in 3-4 years. I hope for his sake he’s playing somewhere good on Saturday’s. Asheville had a commanding lead in the ACR ASHEVILLE head to head matchup until this 2020 class got there.... and it doesn’t look much better on the horizon

Problems start at the top...this conversation needs to start at the Head and that's not located at Asheville High.

The city of Asheville, school system included, is not concerned with the football program at the high. Should it be first priority, no, but with successful major sports comes success in other very important areas.

How many legitimate coaches does Asheville even have on staff??? This is not a Head Coach issue, it is a higher up issue.

Ever notice how many legit coaches ACR has on staff?

There are so many issues with Asheville City Schools and many of them show themselves in the once proud football program. SAD

Are the hippies taking over Asheville so much that the football program can't be revived?

Paisley is a beast. A truly great talent that I feel genuinely sorry for. A phenomenal athlete that was stuck on teams that couldn’t win a playoff game in 3-4 years. I hope for his sake he’s playing somewhere good on Saturday’s. Asheville had a commanding lead in the ACR ASHEVILLE head to head matchup until this 2020 class got there.... and it doesn’t look much better on the horizon

Here is a link from Gobiggreen.net with the series breakdown

http://www.gobiggreen.net/2017 ACR Opponents/AC Reynolds vs Asheville.html

Now that's true. Asheville is ridiculous in cost of living.

My wife did a pay study for her job and while she was gathering information, she found out some very interesting facts. Asheville has the second highest cost of living in NC behind Cary. They are like in the middle of the pack as far as income. Put those two things together and you get an idea of how difficult it is for the average person to live here.

The main issue is the housing market. It is expensive to buy or build a house in Buncombe County. I'll give you and example. A 2 story house with 1,360 sf on .13 acre in the city of Asheville just sold for $375K. The house was built in 1927 but has been updated a little.

Low participation, with little talent, with no discipline, playing under bad coaching. I’m actually surprised half the team hasn’t quit already. I hope last night was the beginning of the end for the current regime. It’s one thing to lose, we expected that, but to not even compete is pathetic. And that’s on the coaches and the players. Shame on the coaches for not having the players ready to play and shame on the players for not having the dignity to play hard for each other and attempt to play spoiler. Imagine being a senior and going out like that. Getting spanked by your rival in a game they could have scored 100. Right before halftime we line up in man coverage before half time and one of the best WRs in NC torches his defender and scored a td with seconds left. How AWFUL of a defensive play call do you have to make to be in that coverage in that situation? Yea just put one guy on him with 30 seconds left. What’s the worst that could happen? PATHETIC.
You can see a direct correlation in the decline of the program and the physical strength of the players and names on the backs of the jerseys. This senior class lost 3-4 times with Reynolds and weren’t competitive in a single game. Changes need to be made, but I don’t expect it. Football isn’t a priority in the administration and football isn’t a priority to some of the most important guys on the team either

Is this the worst Asheville team since 87? Asking for a friend!

My wife did a pay study for her job and while she was gathering information, she found out some very interesting facts. Asheville has the second highest cost of living in NC behind Cary. They are like in the middle of the pack as far as income. Put those two things together and you get an idea of how difficult it is for the average person to live here.

The main issue is the housing market. It is expensive to buy or build a house in Buncombe County. I'll give you and example. A 2 story house with 1,360 sf on .13 acre in the city of Asheville just sold for $375K. The house was built in 1927 but has been updated a little.
I live in East Canton and they are moving in around me and in my neighborhood like crazy! I guess they can't afford the city, so they're getting as close as they can without actually being in Asheville and taking over the outskirts because of the lower cost of living. I used to drive through town and knew everyone. Now, I go through town and know nobody. And, I don't mean this in a derogatory way but these are not the type of people who are ever going to contribute to a football program...

I live in East Canton and they are moving in around me and in my neighborhood like crazy! I guess they can't afford the city, so they're getting as close as they can without actually being in Asheville and taking over the outskirts because of the lower cost of living. I used to drive through town and knew everyone. Now, I go through town and know nobody. And, I don't mean this in a derogatory way but these are not the type of people who are ever going to contribute to a football program...

EXACTLY...this is not only an issue in the AHS program. You are already seeing its repercussions in Waynesville. It isn't as prevalent in Canton because the mill still exists.

Everyone wants to blame coaches. While coaching can be a factor, that is just part of the overall issue. It is NOT the fix all. Blaming coaching is the EASY scapegoat for those in the community that struggle with critical thinking.

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Everyone wants to blame coaches. While coaching can be a factor, that is just part of the overall issue. It is NOT the fix all. Blaming coaching is the EASY scapegoat for those in the community that struggle with critical thinking.

I agree it's not always on the Coach, however having seen Tuscola and Asheville this year the coaching just doesn't seem to be there. Both teams are really predictable on offense, and although I feel Asheville has more overall talent then Tuscola they don't seem to use it very well. Their receiver needs to get the ball 15-20 times a game but he touched the ball like 4 times against us on offense, that's coaching. Tuscola does seem to TRY to get the ball to their best player (#11) more.

Along with athleticism, intelligence plays a strong role in what a coach can and can not do. In what ways would you try to incorporate a 6'5" wr into your offense (handoffs?). I will not get into ability or inefficiency of an individual high school player on here. However, there are ALWAYS reasons why a coach can't or doesn't push the ball to a player.

Along with athleticism, intelligence plays a strong role in what a coach can and can not do. In what ways would you try to incorporate a 6'5" wr into your offense (handoffs?). I will not get into ability or inefficiency of an individual high school player on here. However, there are ALWAYS reasons why a coach can't or doesn't push the ball to a player.

okay if you say so. I just know that most teams who have a D1 player on offense gives them the ball ALOT more the 4 times in a game.

I don't have a dog in this fight. Just an outsider looking in...but if all these people are moving into Asheville area, wouldn't Asheville be pushed to 4A along side all Asheville area high schools...? Or is it all retired people? Even confused gender associated people like to raise children...right?

Based on last years ADM numbers TC Roberson is the only Buncombe Co school that would be 4A. ACR, Erwin and Asheville are all about 200 kids from being 4A. People are moving in but I don’t think it’s so much in the city but more in the county areas. I also don’t think many are here to raise a family, different types are coming in including retirees.

Reactions: the1Truth
Believe me when I tell you this, RR2 can back me up on this, in my line of work, what is moving into Buncombe County isn't the lower to middle income families that have kids who play football. What you see mostly is retirees, people looking for a vacation home or upper income folks whose kids (if they have them at all) play soccer, tennis and the minor sports. You have the occasional family that moves here that has a kid that plays football but it is rare.

I don't have a dog in this fight. Just an outsider looking in...but if all these people are moving into Asheville area, wouldn't Asheville be pushed to 4A along side all Asheville area high schools...? Or is it all retired people? Even confused gender associated people like to raise children...right?

not all retired but not a lot of child bearing families either.

Here's tuscola's problem in a nutshell. Compare that to west henderson's and you'll see the tale of 2 programs going in 2 completely different directions:

tus.png

wh.png

Interested to see what effect these future low-affordable housing apartments and complexes getting ready to go under construction in Waynesville has on the future of their football program. Will definitely boost their ADM #'s and also probably their minority population. I would think their program would benefit quite well from it. Albeit, a few years away.

Welcome to our world for several years/ decades...

Believe me when I tell you this, RR2 can back me up on this, in my line of work, what is moving into Buncombe County isn't the lower to middle income families that have kids who play football. What you see mostly is retirees, people looking for a vacation home or upper income folks whose kids (if they have them at all) play soccer, tennis and the minor sports. You have the occasional family that moves here that has a kid that plays football but it is rare.
Facts!!

Reactions: GG4BAMA
Paisley is like you said, a BEAST! No offense to Asheville, but why he hasn't transferred out of there to somewhere else I have no idea...

Reactions: Reynoldsrocks2
Seems like there would only be two decent options in WNC.

ACR- a lot of competition for touches on that offense and a difficult move into an expensive to live district, if he wasn't already in it.

Christ School- might have been a good option (no move necessary), but I guess there are plenty of reasons why transferring from AHS to CS would be difficult.

Would have been interesting to see what he might have done elsewhere though.

The move to Christ school is the most obvious choice. The best education around and you get to reclassify so you can still play high school football when you’re 23. Granted you only play in front of 29 people on Saturday’s but still.

The move to Christ school is the most obvious choice. The best education around and you get to reclassify so you can still play high school football when you’re 23. Granted you only play in front of 29 people on Saturday’s but still.
True... But, when 28 of them are recruiters I guess that makes it okay! Lol.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT