ADVERTISEMENT

#9 Hobbton Wildcats(8-4) vs #1 Tarboro(11-0

its Kind of a surprise to me! A lot of teams are feeling really confident. I maybe could see it if we were narrowly escaping, and winning by close margin, but we really haven’t skipped a beat this year from the previous two. Now I’ll admit, I don’t think we are as strong as we have been this year, but we most certainly haven’t fallen off a lot

Reactions: TarVikes
its Kind of a surprise to me! A lot of teams are feeling really confident. I maybe could see it if we were narrowly escaping, and winning by close margin, but we really haven’t skipped a beat this year from the previous two. Now I’ll admit, I don’t think we are as strong as we have been this year, but we most certainly haven’t fallen off a lot
Yep, the only difference I’ve seen from the last two years is our line isn’t as big. Defensively I think we are just as good - and on offense I really believe our backfield is just as good if not better. We definitely have more speed in the backfield this year.

If we have fallen off any i can't see where its at. We beat some good teams in non conference play and the conference games have been over in the first quarter. SWE is a strong team and we showed a lot of moxie in that game.The kicking game may be down a little? My understanding is if you can't put it in the endzone you want to kick it short so no wall can be set up. Same for punts, kick it high and give the coverage time to get down field, don't over kick the coverage. We haven't seen the starters play a complete game yet. Some of these games could have been a 100 plus.

Tarboro’s Defense looks unsteady early. Hope it’s just a little rust.

Hobbton’s all everything QB is out for the game on the first series.

21-0 Tarboro in the 2nd qt.

Tarboro offense is running wild. 8 plays from scrimmage. 4 TDs 28-0 early 2nd.

Hobbton looked good offensively early. The QB got injured on a Pass attempt and they never had a chance after. Shame to see a good athlete get hurt.

Reactions: sam
Dang HowerinJr glad you didn't jinx them...lol
I really admire Hobbton's guts. They came in and they didn't play scared.They went for it on 4th down several times even in their own territory and managed to convert several of them. Tarboro did Tarboro things on defense like return a pick 6, punish receivers in the middle of the field and chase the QB constantly. They never really quit. They were still trying to score even on the last play of the game. Props to those guys.

They had great fan support also! The players played with class very few penalties. A great reflection of the coaching staff and the community. Good luck next year!

Reactions: sam and TarVikes
I really admire Hobbton's guts. They came in and they didn't play scared.They went for it on 4th down several times even in their own territory and managed to convert several of them. Tarboro did Tarboro things on defense like return a pick 6, punish receivers in the middle of the field and chase the QB constantly. They never really quit. They were still trying to score even on the last play of the game. Props to those guys.
I agree with you. Their kids showed a lot of intestinal fortitude. The receivers were taking brutal hits across the middle. I was told their starting QB was in ER with a shoulder or collar bone injury, don't know if that is true or not. Tarboro's defense, team speed, and the fact that no one knew who had the ball was their demise from the beginning.

Cool stat from last night...

Tarboro scored 10 TD’s with 9 different players. 8 on offense and 2 on defense

Reactions: Mhsneer
I agree with you. Their kids showed a lot of intestinal fortitude. The receivers were taking brutal hits across the middle. I was told their starting QB was in ER with a shoulder or collar bone injury, don't know if that is true or not. Tarboro's defense, team speed, and the fact that no one knew who had the ball was their demise from the beginning.
Separated shoulder was what I heard from one of their folks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT