ADVERTISEMENT

#5 EDENTON @ #4 ELIZ CITY NORTHEASTERN

@UNC91 to answer your question I think it’s a combination of the 3. I don’t want to speak to much on this tbh because I hear a lot of chatter behind the scenes that may or may not be true. As with every program your always going to have some disgruntled players and parents. Many times they may let their emotions get in the way of what the truth really is. I really like our coach and I think he’s doing an outstanding job. There are definitely things about our program that I don’t like but they don’t outweigh the positives. Two years ago we had arguably the best kicker in Nc. Little to no looks from any D1 schools. The kid enrolls at a juco program in Kansas and his school wins the national championship his freshman year. He put up some very impressive numbers and now he’s playing his sophomore season at Northern Colorado. The kid may very well end up playing on Sundays. I think he got overlooked. We may end up in the state championship game again but I’m not as confident as I have been in the past.

Thought after first year going to state, NE would return and they did, just thought they would win

First year swo made title game, HPA embarrassed swo, had a RB chunky I believe ran all over us all day long. Had a ton of happiness just to be there. Next season swo expected to get back and had experience and won the game on a blocked PAT.

NE just didn't get the breaks in the title game.

Had another question for you goobs? So much talent up there in NE, why not more boys playing on Saturdays at big time schools? Coach not getting them looks at camps etc? Or just location? No scouts coming through?

When swo had Kendric Burney (top 100 athletes of all time in the state of NC) there were 8-10 colleges at every game. Which in turn gave 3 or 4 other kids on the team looks and received scholarships because of Burney.
Kendrick Burney was awesome. What ever became of Derrick Green, last I heard he was in Nebraska or somewhere in the midwest

I'm not too good goob, just lazy sometimes. Reidsville is definitely beatable. Lost 4 out of 5 ol and the QB. We have good receivers and another good rb. A team with a good dl could give us some problems I think. The QB definitely looks like a sophomore to me, he has allot of work to do and this covid mess isn't helping that. The defense is comparable to last years. All that being said I think we are still a top 4 team in 2a that has a shot at another title but would have some close games to get it. It's still early though.
I also think we are top 4 in the state as well. Our D line is definitely good but it was last year also when we went to Reidsville and got embarrassed. I’ll never bet against the Rams when they match up against us. I feel confident against every other 2a team in the state but just not against your team. It’ll def be following the western teams come playoff time. I’d love to see a Shelby- Reidsville matchup. I’ll be pulling for Maiden in the west this year, in years past I’ve always pulled for Reidsville

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Kendrick Burney was awesome. What ever became of Derrick Green, last I heard he was in Nebraska or somewhere in the midwest

Vanderbilt in Tennessee, after leaving Oklahoma. Look for big things outta him

Reactions: daagoob
@UNC91 to answer your question I think it’s a combination of the 3. I don’t want to speak to much on this tbh because I hear a lot of chatter behind the scenes that may or may not be true. As with every program your always going to have some disgruntled players and parents. Many times they may let their emotions get in the way of what the truth really is. I really like our coach and I think he’s doing an outstanding job. There are definitely things about our program that I don’t like but they don’t outweigh the positives. Two years ago we had arguably the best kicker in Nc. Little to no looks from any D1 schools. The kid enrolls at a juco program in Kansas and his school wins the national championship his freshman year. He put up some very impressive numbers and now he’s playing his sophomore season at Northern Colorado. The kid may very well end up playing on Sundays. I think he got overlooked. We may end up in the state championship game again but I’m not as confident as I have been in the past.

Good to hear about the kicker. Most kicker get over looked in this state, especially at the smaller schools

Goob…the Nor’easters are doing what they need to…by getting there! You can’t win it if you ain’t in it! I believe you have an excellent opportunity to do it again this year!
Speaking of a monkey on your back… my Maiden boys have a gorilla! I went back over the records since 1972. There are 6 teams that have been playoff participants in 40 or more of those years. We are one of those 6 teams and yet….we’ve only made it to the finals twice. Won it in ‘78! And lost to West Brunswick in ‘92. We’ve had some great teams over the years… but there has always been somebody that’s just a little better! When I say..somebody, it’s a variety of teams… not always the same one. We’re always there in the playoffs…but…that one team will find us and beat us.
Personally….I couldn’t think of a sweeter final…than Maiden vs Northeastern! Here’s to hoping….one of us…can whip this damn gorilla! 😜

Ironically…those 6 teams with 40 or more playoff appearances since ‘72….does not include Reidsville or Shelby. That’s incredibly hard for me to believe!…maybe they won’t get in this year!😂😂😂😂

I think Chase and Maiden are under the radar and very dangerous to upset somebody.

Salisbury, Shelby, Monroe, Burns, Chase, and Maiden could all send each other home at any time if someone doesn't bring their A game. I haven't mentioned Reidsville due to their huge covid issue.

Thanks for the info, I will be sure to follow him. The kid must be smart to be able to go to Vandy

Very bright young man, he comes from a good family. His father Big Green is on the boards he could explain more.

Very bright young man, he comes from a good family. His father Big Green is on the boards he could explain more.
Freshwater's father also follows these boards, he's super cool as well. @UNC91 I don't know much about the NE program this year tbh.I don't have the connections that I once had. Most likely this will be my last season posting up here. When Freshwater and Fletcher leave it won't be the same. I'm really gonna miss them.

Reactions: UNC91
Freshwater's father also follows these boards, he's super cool as well. @UNC91 I don't know much about the NE program this year tbh.I don't have the connections that I once had. Most likely this will be my last season posting up here. When Freshwater and Fletcher leave it won't be the same. I'm really gonna miss them.

What happen to the connections? You disappeared after each title game. Can't leave the boards, I've been posting since 2002. Swo is horrible 0-5 and still fans up here posting.

Reactions: dogs79
I've reached out to my connect numerous times this year and have struck out. I'm not a former player, I just graduated from NE so good Intel is extremely hard to come by. Aside from myself and James Davis there aren't any NE posters. Football is not as big up here as it is down your way. Aside from AcesWild (Holmes) and FlyFalconFly (Bertie) there aren't any Preps posters up here from the 252. Hertford County,First Flight, Manteo, Currituck,PTank,Camden, not one.Most people up here have never even heard about NC preps tbh. I always make a post after Reidsville rolls us each year then I leave the boards till the following season. The first year I was up here I stayed on all year and I found myself talking to myself. It was crickets up here. You guys down south are fortunate that you have those passionate fan bases, we don't see that up here. You are a diehard fan, no one can ever call you a fair weather fan as someone posted up here a couple weeks ago. You still come on these boards even though your team is at its lowest. Hopefully changes will be made and the Stallions will be back in the thick of the hunt. I love all the trash talking, it makes these threads so much more fun. A little trash talking never hurt anyone.

Idk what Goob has looked at but I saw NE vs Rose and NE offense is as good as ever. They are electric and have lots of speed. Maybe he is sandbagging idk........................ They will be in the Eastern Final if not State Championship. They are also young. I looked on Maxpreps and they only have like 9 seniors. Freshwater is REAL, fletcher is decent, and LBs and Secondary is fast.

A must see game on Friday night..y'all know last year freshwater and a couple of other starters didn't even play against edenton but

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Idk what Goob has looked at but I saw NE vs Rose and NE offense is as good as ever. They are electric and have lots of speed. Maybe he is sandbagging idk........................ They will be in the Eastern Final if not State Championship. They are also young. I looked on Maxpreps and they only have like 9 seniors. Freshwater is REAL, fletcher is decent, and LBs and Secondary is fast.

Goob nickname Is Sandbagging McGee

A must see game on Friday night..y'all know last year freshwater and a couple of other starters didn't even play against edenton but
Definitely a must see if you live within 3 hrs and love hsfb. Last year NE lost but played without many key players including Freshwater,Quasi, and our rb #5 Juan Riddick only got one or two touches because he was hurt. Still no excuse to lose that game, we had far more talent on the field than Holmes even without those players. Holmes always pushes our Eagles. I don't see it being any different Friday night

Goob nickname Is Sandbagging McGee
Im very very high on our defense. This is the best DLine Northeastern has ever fielded. Although they are short, we have some very good receivers. We have a young QB whose still going to make those WTF 😒 throws. He is going to be very good imo and I'm a big fan of his, but he does try to force passes more than past QBs here. Jordan Jones #1 is still the one player on offense I think can play D1 ball. The kid is a pure athlete and I just think he needs to play more of a role on our offense. He's got the size (6'1),build,and lightning quick speed. We need to turn him loose, let that kid do his thing.

I'm pulling for a Maiden vs NE matchup, but I promise you that if Maiden wins the west I'm coming to watch them play in the state championship.
Likewise! Goob
Our chances of seeing Northeastern are real good….Maiden?….that’s “pie in the sky”, a Hail Mary!…but it ain’t over yet!😜 …which means …“we got ‘em right where we want ‘em!”😉
Getting IN the show….means we gotta win Friday night at West Lincoln….we playing the CVAC’s 1st or 2nd best team in my opinion….especially since they beat Bandys… who looks to be very good as well.

Last edited:
Likewise! Goob
Our chances of seeing Northeastern are real good….Maiden?….that’s “pie in sky”, a Hail Mary!…but it ain’t over yet!😜 …which means …“we got ‘em right where we want ‘em!”😉
Getting IN the show….means we gotta win Friday night at West Lincoln….we playing the CVAC’s 1st or 2nd best team in my opinion….especially since they beat Bandys… who looks to be very good as well.
Will it be on NFHS? and will you please keep the score updated up here.

Im very very high on our defense. This is the best DLine Northeastern has ever fielded. Although they are short, we have some very good receivers. We have a young QB whose still going to make those WTF 😒 throws. He is going to be very good imo and I'm a big fan of his, but he does try to force passes more than past QBs here. Jordan Jones #1 is still the one player on offense I think can play D1 ball. The kid is a pure athlete and I just think he needs to play more of a role on our offense. He's got the size (6'1),build,and lightning quick speed. We need to turn him loose, let that kid do his thing.

So what's your thoughts on NE season outcome?

Will it be on NFHS? and will you please keep the score updated up here.
Certainly… on the score updates. I’ll check on the NFHS…. We were on the South Fork network in the spring…. But I’m not sure about it now. I’ll let you know.

Goob, since Bertie hasn’t had a team worth seeing in years, as you know I’ve traveled to a lot of the NE games. Those state championship loses have basically come down to coaching. Reidsville is able to match the talent NE puts on the field and I think their coaches are a smidgen better. That’s not a knock against NE’s program because they could beat anyone else in 2a. The combination of athletes and coaches at Reidsville make it extremely difficult.

Goob, since Bertie hasn’t had a team worth seeing in years, as you know I’ve traveled to a lot of the NE games. Those state championship loses have basically come down to coaching. Reidsville is able to match the talent NE puts on the field and I think their coaches are a smidgen better. That’s not a knock against NE’s program because they could beat anyone else in 2a. The combination of athletes and coaches at Reidsville make it extremely difficult.
I hate to say it but I agree with you. Now last season Reidsville had more talent but we still shouldn't have gotten blown out. Kind of like when Havelock came to Elizabeth City and absolutely destroyed us. We had a lot of talent on the field and we had been preparing for this game for some time. We knew that they were the bigger school and had some big time players but we had plenty of time to prepare. That was our chance to make a statement with a huge upset win in the cozy confines of our stadium and we blew it. Our coaches had scouted Reidsville the prior week and knew what we were about to face. That rb of Reidsville just ran thru our defense all night long. We even struck first in that game. We weren't banged up or anything, no excuses. Even though Reidsville had more talent we still should've made a game of it. That's just the way I feel, I'm sure I'll upset some non posting NE fans but damn, we looked so bad that night. I compare us to NC State, we can never win the big games. The Wolfpack always always flops on the big stage. They did it against Miss State the other night on ESPN in primetime. Come in as 3 point favorites on the road and get embarrassed for all the world to see.

So Goob what do you think about tomorrow’s game? It’s been quiet over here in Edenton. Holmes has won the last two games but that means nothing in this rivalry. The games are usually close and intense. My only question is the game close in the low 20’s or the high 30’s? I am thinking the first team to 35 wins.

Last edited:
So Goob what do you think about tomorrow’s game? It’s been quiet over here in Edenton. Holmes has won the last two games but that means nothing in this rivalry. The games are usually close and intense. My only question is the game close in the low 20’s or the high 30’s? I am thinking the first team to 35 wins.
I think your right. NE defense has been extremely good so far but Holmes will by far be the best team we've faced this season. I think the score will be in the 30's and I like NE in a very close contest. I think the final score will be within a td. NE will need to find a way to run the ball. That is pretty non-existent over here lol. I'm no coach but I think we need to get #1 Jordan Jones more involved in offense. That kid is ready to explode onto the scene, we just have to give him a shot. Holmes knows we're going to throw so they will come very prepared. I'm sure they've been practicing all week on defending the passing attack. Can we stop your very talented QB Hoggard, that's the big question ❓. I think Fresh Fletch and the young soph will pose a big problem for the offensive line of Holmes. This will be the top game in the east without a doubt. If your a poster up here living east of Raleigh you should definitely make the trip here tomorrow night. You will see an absolutely packed stadium with people standing all up and down the fence. This game will have all the hype of when WRH came here with Javonte except the crowd will be even larger.

I think your right. NE defense has been extremely good so far but Holmes will by far be the best team we've faced this season. I think the score will be in the 30's and I like NE in a very close contest. I think the final score will be within a td. NE will need to find a way to run the ball. That is pretty non-existent over here lol. I'm no coach but I think we need to get #1 Jordan Jones more involved in offense. That kid is ready to explode onto the scene, we just have to give him a shot. Holmes knows we're going to throw so they will come very prepared. I'm sure they've been practicing all week on defending the passing attack. Can we stop your very talented QB Hoggard, that's the big question ❓. I think Fresh Fletch and the young soph will pose a big problem for the offensive line of Holmes. This will be the top game in the east without a doubt. If your a poster up here living east of Raleigh you should definitely make the trip here tomorrow night. You will see an absolutely packed stadium with people standing all up and down the fence. This game will have all the hype of when WRH came here with Javonte except the crowd will be even larger.

The best team on the NE schedule by far is Rose, not Holmes. Just saying

The best team on the NE schedule by far is Rose, not Holmes. Just saying
I disagree, NE should've won that game by 4 TD's. If I remember correctly we had 6 turnovers in that game. It was either that game or the Rocky Mount game. Rose couldn't stop us, we just kept turning the ball over. Michael Allen for Rose was very good but that's all they had imo. I hope your right though, I'd love to see NE win big.

@AcesWild2323 , I just got off the phone with someone affiliated with the NE program and they said NE will win by 4 TD's. I told them that I had it a one possession game and they laughed at me. Maybe they know something we don't lol 🤣. They are as close to the football program as you can get and usually are pretty spot on with what they say.

I've reached out to my connect numerous times this year and have struck out. I'm not a former player, I just graduated from NE so good Intel is extremely hard to come by. Aside from myself and James Davis there aren't any NE posters. Football is not as big up here as it is down your way. Aside from AcesWild (Holmes) and FlyFalconFly (Bertie) there aren't any Preps posters up here from the 252. Hertford County,First Flight, Manteo, Currituck,PTank,Camden, not one.Most people up here have never even heard about NC preps tbh. I always make a post after Reidsville rolls us each year then I leave the boards till the following season. The first year I was up here I stayed on all year and I found myself talking to myself. It was crickets up here. You guys down south are fortunate that you have those passionate fan bases, we don't see that up here. You are a diehard fan, no one can ever call you a fair weather fan as someone posted up here a couple weeks ago. You still come on these boards even though your team is at its lowest. Hopefully changes will be made and the Stallions will be back in the thick of the hunt. I love all the trash talking, it makes these threads so much more fun. A little trash talking never hurt anyone.
Goob there are alot more posters and NE fans and coaches on this posters , we all just sit back enjoy the show. Keep up the good work. We all enjoy your dedication and team spirit .
Eagle Pride...... DirtyBird88

Goob there are alot more posters and NE fans and coaches on this posters , we all just sit back enjoy the show. Keep up the good work. We all enjoy your dedication and team spirit .
Eagle Pride...... DirtyBird88
Appreciate that a lot. I know a couple of the NE coaches follow these boards and I'm sure they get a good laugh out of most of what is posted. In years past I've always gone back and forth with the other posters from the ECC conference and posters from Onslow and Rockingham Counties. To many of them our program and conference was a joke so I just stood up for NE and started talking mad trash to those teams posters down south. At the time there wasn't but one other NE poster and believe me people were firing shots at us from all directions lol. Slowly under the direction of Coach Moore our program has become one of the top programs in the east. This year I've chilled out a lot and have done my best not to get into it with other teams posters. I'm glad to see that there are other NE posters up here that I didn't know about. Maybe this is the year we get them rings? Tomorrow nights game will speak volumes of just how good this NE team may or may not be.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT