ADVERTISEMENT

#5 EDENTON @ #4 ELIZ CITY NORTHEASTERN

daagoob

Dec 4, 2010
Elizabeth City
This is the biggest rivalry in our corner of the state. Yes you have Currituck vs Camden and Manteo vs First Flight but this is by far the biggest, in football anyways. Both teams come in highly ranked with the only loss between the two being Edenton's loss to 5a Norview Va in OT. For those that don't keep up much with football in the northeast John A Holmes is located in Edenton NC and has a population around 5,000. Northeastern is located in Elizabeth City NC and has a population just under 20,000. Both of these schools are 30 minutes apart with John A Holmes being in Chowan County and Northeastern being in Pasquotank County. Both teams have very successful coaches with Coach Hoggard of John A Holmes having won a state championship while coaching in the the western part of the state. I believe in Mecklenburg County but I'm not 💯 on that, @AcesWild2323 would know. Northeastern comes in averaging around 39 points a game while Holmes comes in averaging around 38. Northeastern is predominantly a pass first team but does have a lightning fast track star at rb. They come in averaging around 200 yards a game passing while running for around 150 on very limited carries. One the other hand Holmes has a very experienced QB leading the Aces but they still prefer to run like the teams down south. They are averaging close to 300 yards a game on the ground while very little in the air. On defense the Aces are averaging just over 1 sack a game while the Eagles are coming in at over 4 sacks a game. This is the one time of the year that the stadium in Elizabeth City will be packed. Even when WRH,Clinton, and SWO come to play here and bring their huge followings they can't match energy or the crowds that come out when these two teams clash. One things for certain, one very good team will lose this Friday night. Regardless of the outcome both of these teams will be in the mix to win the east. I like my Northeastern Eagles by 4 I'm this one.

Curious to see the Simmons prediction on this one. I think they’ll have Holmes +6 on the road. Also curious to see if the Aces can run the ball against a very good Northeastern defense. This is actually the best defensive line I’ve ever seen at Northeastern. There is a newcomer sophomore #10 that is a beast!!! Where did this kid come from? He’s going to be special.

NE by 30+
Curious to see the Simmons prediction on this one. I think they’ll have Holmes +6 on the road. Also curious to see if the Aces can run the ball against a very good Northeastern defense. This is actually the best defensive line I’ve ever seen at Northeastern. There is a newcomer sophomore #10 that is a beast!!! Where did this kid come from? He’s going to be special.
I think he is going to have it in the 4-6 point range.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and daagoob
If it comes down to special teams and kicking we’re definitely in trouble. We don’t even attempt pat’s. Come playoff time that will hurt us. It’s so sad because we had the best kicker in Nc here two years ago and now we don’t even consider a fg attempt much less a pat. It’ll be dejavu all over again when Wrh or Whiteville come to Elizabeth City.

I find myself so bored out here in Camden County. I'm just painting this car on a very nice September night and find myself trolling these threads in between coats of Kandy. Here's a question for all my friends up here. Why can't Northeastern ever beat Reidsville? This is a serious question that I constantly find myself dwelling on. WRH,Swo,and Clinton have all won state championships and we just can't seem to get that monkey off our back up here. @Maiden Creek @dogs79 @Otis4411 @UNC91 @Darkhorse04 @Darkhorse#34 @Wizard of the East

Reactions: Mavrick69
Don't know Buddy. One thought is look at these TEAMS that's won ships. All of them have solid defenses but could flat out score on offense. Consistent offenses.

Reactions: UNC91 and daagoob
Reidsville has a lot of tradition with winning. They don't struggle getting kids to come out and play. So they don't miss out on good talent. They have a great coaching staff that has experience winning big games. It all adds up. It's that tradition that has you dwelling on it. It's an advantage against teams that have never won a title. You can coach all week and downplay it but when you take the field with them it looms large. Right now the football God's are just looking down on them. You are not the only person wondering how to beat them.

Reactions: dogs79 and daagoob
Don't know Buddy. One thought is look at these TEAMS that's won ships. All of them have solid defenses but could flat out score on offense. Consistent offenses.
Our defense is freaking nasty this year. I've never witnessed anything like it. Everyone talks about Freshwater and Fletcher but Lister has really come on strong. He's been playing very well. We also have a new player (soph) that is absolutely reaking havoc on the opposition. If I'm correct he's second on the team in tackles. The kid is going to be a star. Our offense is getting better every week and I'm a fan of our young QB

Reactions: dogs79
Reidsville also makes you pay when you make a mistake. They may be the best at that I have ever seen.

Reidsville has a lot of tradition with winning. They don't struggle getting kids to come out and play. So they don't miss out on good talent. They have a great coaching staff that has experience winning big games. It all adds up. It's that tradition that has you dwelling on it. It's an advantage against teams that have never won a title. You can coach all week and downplay it but when you take the field with them it looms large. Right now the football God's are just looking down on them. You are not the only person wondering how to beat them.
Well we just seem to play so good and be invincible and then WHAM!! They definitely got our number

Our defense is freaking nasty this year. I've never witnessed anything like it. Everyone talks about Freshwater and Fletcher but Lister has really come on strong. He's been playing very well. We also have a new player (soph) that is absolutely reaking havoc on the opposition. If I'm correct he's second on the team in tackles. The kid is going to be a star. Our offense is getting better every week and I'm a fan of our young QB
I'm gonna have to go paint that car!!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: daagoob
Don't want to get the rams fans upset, but they just don't seem to be unbeatable this yr. I know they're the champs until they get knocked down, but i don't think they repeat this yr. Maybe shelby, maybe ne, Clinton, or wrh surprises some folk this yr. More parity this yr

Don't want to get the rams fans upset, but they just don't seem to be unbeatable this yr. I know they're the champs until they get knocked down, but i don't think they repeat this yr. Maybe shelby, maybe ne, Clinton, or wrh surprises some folk this yr. More parity this yr
Uh oh, your going to get them going if they happen to click on this thread. Only @tarheel fan1 will see this. He's not like the other Rams fans, he is very level headed and isn't arrogant like most of the others. The others are much to good to read other teams threads

Uh oh, your going to get them going if they happen to click on this thread. Only @tarheel fan1 will see this. He's not like the other Rams fans, he is very level headed and isn't arrogant like most of the others. The others are much to good to read other teams threads

He's right, but wrong at the same time. This team isn't as good as last year. But we also lost a lot and young.

Remember when you watched that Cummings game and thought we didn't look good. He watched the Rockingham game, we did not look very good, but its one game. Rockingham is also a little better than you think. I think we are fine at this point in the season, we have our best defensive player that hasn't played yet who can also play offense. The only set back is we are on a covid pause.

I find myself so bored out here in Camden County. I'm just painting this car on a very nice September night and find myself trolling these threads in between coats of Kandy. Here's a question for all my friends up here. Why can't Northeastern ever beat Reidsville? This is a serious question that I constantly find myself dwelling on. WRH,Swo,and Clinton have all won state championships and we just can't seem to get that monkey off our back up here. @Maiden Creek @dogs79 @Otis4411 @UNC91 @Darkhorse04 @Darkhorse#34 @Wizard of the East
Goob…the Nor’easters are doing what they need to…by getting there! You can’t win it if you ain’t in it! I believe you have an excellent opportunity to do it again this year!
Speaking of a monkey on your back… my Maiden boys have a gorilla! I went back over the records since 1972. There are 6 teams that have been playoff participants in 40 or more of those years. We are one of those 6 teams and yet….we’ve only made it to the finals twice. Won it in ‘78! And lost to West Brunswick in ‘92. We’ve had some great teams over the years… but there has always been somebody that’s just a little better! When I say..somebody, it’s a variety of teams… not always the same one. We’re always there in the playoffs…but…that one team will find us and beat us.
Personally….I couldn’t think of a sweeter final…than Maiden vs Northeastern! Here’s to hoping….one of us…can whip this damn gorilla! 😜

Ironically…those 6 teams with 40 or more playoff appearances since ‘72….does not include Reidsville or Shelby. That’s incredibly hard for me to believe!…maybe they won’t get in this year!😂😂😂😂

He's right, but wrong at the same time. This team isn't as good as last year. But we also lost a lot and young.

Remember when you watched that Cummings game and thought we didn't look good. He watched the Rockingham game, we did not look very good, but its one game. Rockingham is also a little better than you think. I think we are fine at this point in the season, we have our best defensive player that hasn't played yet who can also play offense. The only set back is we are on a covid pause.
Do you still have that big rb from last year that absolutely made mince meat of our impenetrable defense. I think he was #10 but I can't remember. I warned Fletcher,Quasi, and Coach Moore about him. End the end none of that matter. That big kid high stepped his way right over our kids

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Do you still have that big rb from last year that absolutely made mince meat of our impenetrable defense. I think he was #10 but I can't remember. I warned Fletcher,Quasi, and Coach Moore about him. End the end none of that matter. That big kid high stepped his way right over our kids

We don't have him anymore. We have a transfer running back from gw danville va. He's just as good, imo. He plays linebacker as well.

Where did Quasi end up going? I liked his game.

Reactions: daagoob

Thought after first year going to state, NE would return and they did, just thought they would win

First year swo made title game, HPA embarrassed swo, had a RB chunky I believe ran all over us all day long. Had a ton of happiness just to be there. Next season swo expected to get back and had experience and won the game on a blocked PAT.

NE just didn't get the breaks in the title game.

Had another question for you goobs? So much talent up there in NE, why not more boys playing on Saturdays at big time schools? Coach not getting them looks at camps etc? Or just location? No scouts coming through?

When swo had Kendric Burney (top 100 athletes of all time in the state of NC) there were 8-10 colleges at every game. Which in turn gave 3 or 4 other kids on the team looks and received scholarships because of Burney.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear that Reidsville is in Covid protocol. That sucks. Been there done that!

Reactions: tarheel fan1
We don't have him anymore. We have a transfer running back from gw danville va. He's just as good, imo. He plays linebacker as well.

Where did Quasi end up going? I liked his game.
Nowhere that I know of. Our Qb and #7 Jeron Hinton went to St Augustine. Jeron had committed to Western Carolina but chose to go elsewhere with his friends. We have no running game tbh. We do have some very good receivers and a young qb that I’m a fan of.

Goob…the Nor’easters are doing what they need to…by getting there! You can’t win it if you ain’t in it! I believe you have an excellent opportunity to do it again this year!
Speaking of a monkey on your back… my Maiden boys have a gorilla! I went back over the records since 1972. There are 6 teams that have been playoff participants in 40 or more of those years. We are one of those 6 teams and yet….we’ve only made it to the finals twice. Won it in ‘78! And lost to West Brunswick in ‘92. We’ve had some great teams over the years… but there has always been somebody that’s just a little better! When I say..somebody, it’s a variety of teams… not always the same one. We’re always there in the playoffs…but…that one team will find us and beat us.
Personally….I couldn’t think of a sweeter final…than Maiden vs Northeastern! Here’s to hoping….one of us…can whip this damn gorilla! 😜

Ironically…those 6 teams with 40 or more playoff appearances since ‘72….does not include Reidsville or Shelby. That’s incredibly hard for me to believe!…maybe they won’t get in this year!😂😂😂😂
That’s some good stuff. I always like reading post like yours. In regards to Maiden vs NE, I actually played that possible scenario in my head the other day. It seems your kids are playing very well and just may end up in the western final. I know NE will be in the mix again but unlike years past we aren’t as dominant on the offensive end. Our new qb is young but he is talented. Good luck and I’d love to see you in the finals

Nowhere that I know of. Our Qb and #7 Jeron Hinton went to St Augustine. Jeron had committed to Western Carolina but chose to go elsewhere with his friends. We have no running game tbh. We do have some very good receivers and a young qb that I’m a fan of.

Hard to pass up on that western carolina offer

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I'm not too good goob, just lazy sometimes. Reidsville is definitely beatable. Lost 4 out of 5 ol and the QB. We have good receivers and another good rb. A team with a good dl could give us some problems I think. The QB definitely looks like a sophomore to me, he has allot of work to do and this covid mess isn't helping that. The defense is comparable to last years. All that being said I think we are still a top 4 team in 2a that has a shot at another title but would have some close games to get it. It's still early though.

I'm not too good goob, just lazy sometimes. Reidsville is definitely beatable. Lost 4 out of 5 ol and the QB. We have good receivers and another good rb. A team with a good dl could give us some problems I think. The QB definitely looks like a sophomore to me, he has allot of work to do and this covid mess isn't helping that. The defense is comparable to last years. All that being said I think we are still a top 4 team in 2a that has a shot at another title but would have some close games to get it. It's still early though.

That demolition of page in the 2nd half was impressive by Reidsville. But I agree with what you said.

Reactions: UNC91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT