ADVERTISEMENT

4-1 Walkertown at 5-1 Reidsville (Monday 7pm)

TGT

Sep 18, 2001
Walkertown enters the game with four shutout victories, the only points allowed coming in a 35-21 loss to Eastern Randolph.

Reidsville has a signature win over Eastern Alamance (which is now 4-1 after getting by Western Alamance 22-16 Friday). Reidsville was really discombobulated on Flag Night against North Forsyth Friday ... endless holding penalties and 5 turnovers. Can't blame the refs for the turnovers.

Rams will be in trouble until they get those miscues under control. There were also some key players limping after the game that might be a concern.

Winning 36-7 despite the sloppy play indicates the potential of this team.

Last edited:
unlikely this game will be played on friday here or anywhere else in most of NC...remnants of Hurricane Ian are slated to move right thru this area friday and saturday with heavy rain....Homecoming game for Reidsville....may be moved to thursday or play on following monday.....that's my guess unless forecast changes big time.................................

Reactions: Maiden Creek
unlikely this game will be played on friday here or anywhere else in most of NC...remnants of Hurricane Ian are slated to move right thru this area friday and saturday with heavy rain....Homecoming game for Reidsville....may be moved to thursday or play on following monday.....that's my guess unless forecast changes big time.................................
That's what I was thinking also. Looks like storm will arrive here Friday. Homecoming at FH also. Maybe played on Saturday at the earliest.

lol...that crew of refs can stay in Forsyth county or better yet even further west.....they were absolutely terrible....I know it's a thankless job sometimes but gee whiz I'm curious to whether the game tape is forwarded somewhere...One of my late uncles was a referee supervisor and used to grade officials..........this crew................................

Reactions: tarheel fan1
That's what I was thinking also. Looks like storm will arrive here Friday. Homecoming at FH also. Maybe played on Saturday at the earliest.
Thursday is best alternative. Supposed to rain all weekend. That field won’t be suitable for play at any point this weekend.

The coaches know best, but I wonder will we need #8 to be more full time on defense instead of offense heading into the playoffs. With the emergence of #15 leading the state in ints could we lessen flips role on defense, to possibly create more opportunities for him on the offense.

lol...that crew of refs can stay in Forsyth county or better yet even further west.....they were absolutely terrible....I know it's a thankless job sometimes but gee whiz I'm curious to whether the game tape is forwarded somewhere...One of my late uncles was a referee supervisor and used to grade officials..........this crew................................
Forsyth county refs are the worst. Go to East Forsyth and find out one night.

Reactions: TheMule
Saw on high school ot that Reidsville game moved to Thursday

Walkertown's record is deceiving. Besides Eastern Randolph they haven't played anyone with a winning record. They are bullying teams they shouldn't have played (minus last week.) HC's done a okay job with what he had left over from McKoy but this week and North Forsyth/Morehead week will show what he can do.

Last edited:
I have not seen or heard any official announcement from school or team, via social media pages, players or coaches . Being homecoming week, Im sure they will wait until last minute to make any moves.
Look at highschoolot.com
game is Thursday, it says

I have not seen or heard any official announcement from school or team, via social media pages, players or coaches . Being homecoming week, Im sure they will wait until last minute to make any moves.

Yeah I don’t think it’s official. Rams f book page would be all over that. I dk think it will be moved, but won’t hear anything until tomorrow

tgt...you should know you can't trust that OT page or MaxPreps for accurate info...........until you see it on the Facebook page of Reidsville Football I would not believe it.................

Monday? Guess ppl in charge of making decision doesn’t believe the forecast is real or we want to play in rain. It being homecoming shouldn’t matter at all

Game now scheduled for 5 p.m. Friday
Saw NWS forecast that rain is scheduled for Friday night after 8 so maybe they can get the game in while it's dry. Other forecasts not so optimistic.
Will be extremely windy no matter when the rain hits.

One article stated that Thursday was considered, but there was a lack of officials available that day.

Perhaps rescheduling earlier would have helped that situation.

Reactions: Frank Lost Password
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT