ADVERTISEMENT

4-1 Robbinsville At 3-2 Swain County

Buzz, hop on a thread other than an SMC one, momma has let this go on long enough. Now go on and get.
He must suffer from little man syndrome. He is on every thread bragging and talking about his team. Evidently he is trying his best to sell his team because deep down he is worried about other teams being better. Sure, give your opinion on any thread you want but keep it about the teams who the thread is about !!! We have to many on here bragging about their teams and taking over every thread. Dang grown men acting like children

Asheville has nothing to gain by playing either of these 1a teams. Maybe it is a scheduling issue. Asheville might have picked up someone else and both teams could not work out a different date that is agreeable
Don't think they scared

Asheville has nothing to gain by playing either of these 1a teams. Maybe it is a scheduling issue. Asheville might have picked up someone else and both teams could not work out a different date that is agreeable
Don't think they scared
Get a clue.

Reactions: BK13T-$
He must suffer from little man syndrome. He is on every thread bragging and talking about his team. Evidently he is trying his best to sell his team because deep down he is worried about other teams being better. Sure, give your opinion on any thread you want but keep it about the teams who the thread is about !!! We have to many on here bragging about their teams and taking over every thread. Dang grown men acting like children
Practice what you preach brother!!!!

Robbinsville is football royalty in NC. MA coaches certainly don’t want to play them I’m sure. A dominate SMC team is the last thing you wanna see in the playoffs. 4th round is almost certain to happen if you get there but before then you want to avoid them like the plague. Andrew’s is a team I wouldn’t want to see either

Practice what you preach brother!!!!
You’re really ruining the experience by flapping your jaws on every thread. If you have something to say about this thread as it relates to the two teams playing then do it. BUT when you get on every thread talking nonsense it’s ridiculous. Sure have a little fun but you and a few more take over the thread with Bulls’@“t !! Get a life Gomer

I have one thing to say about our football team, our coach might have them ready to play but he has no control. This is the most undisciplined group of kids I have ever seen. We didn't accomplish anything by our late hits and mouthing with the refs. Get control of our boys coach!!!

I have one thing to say about our football team, our coach might have them ready to play but he has no control. This is the most undisciplined group of kids I have ever seen. We didn't accomplish anything by our late hits and mouthing with the refs. Get control of our boys coach!!!
Wow really, that was a great game and kid played hard all over the the field.

Wow really, that was a great game and kid played hard all over the the field.
Playing hard and playing undisciplined is 2 totally different things, 2 personal foul penalty's on the same drive and Robbinsville scores on that drive, you tell me buddy, that's called undisciplined and coach not having control of his players

Yes, both those calls helped Robbinsville score but the 1st one shouldn't have been called as 4 player stuffed the QB and their momentum took him down to the ground after the wistal. The 2nd was hitting out of bounds but the player was going all out but Robbinsville did the same thing earlier without a flag.

Yes, both those calls helped Robbinsville score but the 1st one shouldn't have been called as 4 player stuffed the QB and their momentum took him down to the ground after the wistal. The 2nd was hitting out of bounds but the player was going all out but Robbinsville did the same thing earlier without a flag
Number 4 does nothing but get penalties for the team I never seen him do anything other than jaw and play dirty, and there is a difference in being physical and dirty. He walks up to the Robbinsville QB at halftime and kicks him in the back of the leg... just a very bad look on our coach for allowing dumb penalties like that to happen. The drove him into the ground 5 seconds after the whistle, that was not momentum bud.

The call that sticks with me was the fair catch punt were as the kid drops the ball, Swain jumped on it and the other other team in Black and White gives the ball back to the other in Black and White! Sadly, if Swain would have won Robbinsville fans would be just as upset as the Swain fans. That's how badly this game was called. Watch this one on MDN.

• Haha
Reactions: BlackCat93
The call that sticks with me was the fair catch punt were as the kid drops the ball, Swain jumped on it and the other other team in Black and White gives the ball back to the other in Black and White! Sadly, if Swain would have won Robbinsville fans would be just as upset as the Swain fans. That's how badly this game was called. Watch this one on MDN.
I'm just making valid points about what we can do to be better not what the refs did. Not being disciplined will cost you games and guess what.... it did in this one too

We're you up under the pile? If you had been you would have saw that the swain player didn't get control of the ball and within .0003 seconds of his arrival the Robbinsville player clutched it with a death grip as the swain player also attempted to pull it away. Thats my story between two people amoung hundreds that have no idea about that fumble. How did you feel about the bogus pass interference penalty that gave the devils a first down and touchdown a couple plays later? I could go over a few more "calls" that aided the devils cause..but what's the use. Officiating was awful both ways last night..is a understatement.

Can't complain about officiating on here. You will sound like that other poster that people like to criticize. Lots of flags flying last night in all games. Must have been the wind blowing them out of their pockets.

• Haha
Reactions: buzzcoach
We're you up under the pile? If you had been you would have saw that the swain player didn't get control of the ball and within .0003 seconds of his arrival the Robbinsville player clutched it with a death grip as the swain player also attempted to pull it away. Thats my story between two people amoung hundreds that have no idea about that fumble. How did you feel about the bogus pass interference penalty that gave the devils a first down and touchdown a couple plays later? I could go over a few more "calls" that aided the devils cause..but what's the use. Officiating was awful both ways last night..is a understatement.
The Swain kid fell on the ball and had possession by having the ball and by being downed by laying on the ground. Case almost closed.

• Haha
Reactions: BlackCat93
Swain played tough.
I almost picked the score correctly.
Playoffs
Robbinsville 28
Swain 7

Last edited:
Number 4 does nothing but get penalties for the team I never seen him do anything other than jaw and play dirty, and there is a difference in being physical and dirty. He walks up to the Robbinsville QB at halftime and kicks him in the back of the leg... just a very bad look on our coach for allowing dumb penalties like that to happen. The drove him into the ground 5 seconds after the whistle, that was not momentum bud.
He plays corner so I really haven't seen him much as he doesn't really have a impact in the game. If he doing that kind of stuff yeah the coaches need to get him in check. It was 3 seconds from video and yes it was momentum from my point but it is what is. The Refs were a big part of the game last night but time to move on to next week.

Reactions: KevinFromSwain
He plays corner so I really haven't seen him much as he doesn't really have a impact in the game. If he doing that kind of stuff yeah the coaches need to get him in check. It was 3 seconds from video and yes it was momentum from my point but it is what is. The Refs were a big part of the game last night but time to move on to next week.
Yea the refs did play a big part.... the flagged Robbinsville more than they did us if you want to make that argument. We are close to competing but lack of a run game still is there.

The Swain kid fell on the ball and had possession by having the ball and by being downed by laying on the ground. Case almost closed.
From a former official’s view: one that wasn’t a fumble, it is a muff. 2nd everyone is going by what a former biased coach said who was over fifty yards away, inside a press box, juadging what officials at ground zero were seeing. If the Swain player didn’t have FULL control of the ball when he went down and hit the ground with it, it is still a live ball. The video isn’t real clear on it, so we can assume either the officials at the ball were wrong or the coach over a hundred feet is wrong.

but a biased coach who never said a word about missed penalty opportunity against Swain.

A few other observations about what this former coach “saw.” He once mentioned Robbinsville defense getting by with jumping off sides before the ball was snapped, but when you replay it one can clearly see the ball being snapped before the defensive player reached the line. Another play the former coach and the the announcer disagrees with the placement of the ball when a Swain player runs out of bounds near the end of the chains and didn’t get the 1st down ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE of the field from where this coach was sitting. Go back and watch it and you can see the chain crew member jump back from the line with the stick as the player heads toward him. Keep in mind the official marks the spot BEFORE the stick at the end of the chain is replaced. The chain crews are supplied by the home team. Did the Swain chain crew member on the other end of the chain 30’ away move his end of the chain away from its original spot or did the chain get stretched before the chain crew member got back into place?

There were missed opportunities for penalties on both sides of the ball, but this former coach saw only what he wanted to see. He is a biased coach AND should be! He never acknowledged any missed penalties against SWAINHe is a coaches’ coach, someone who is passionate about the game, but is naturally biased (makes him a good coach) toward other teams. He shouldn’t have publicly constantly questioned the officials’ knowledge skills and abilities like he did.

Anyone who thinks the SMC officiating needs better officials, and thin they know more than the ones we have now need to Cowboy-up, sign up next season, put on the stripes. The SMC is in dire need of additional officials.

One other…..in regards to a questionable “pass interference” call against Robbinsville resulting in a first down for Swain…..unless the rules have changed there is no such thing as an “un-catchable” ball in NC Highschool football.

I quit officiating years ago due to the “arm-chair” officials. But I will say….make a bad call in SMC football and before long everyone forgets it, but a bad call in SMC basketball no one ever forgets. Lol.

I will have to say that Swain done something no one else has been able to do….shut down # 4 Adams. A well organized defense on Swain’s part.

From a former official’s view: one that wasn’t a fumble, it is a muff. 2nd everyone is going by what a former biased coach said who was over fifty yards away, inside a press box, juadging what officials at ground zero were seeing. If the Swain player didn’t have FULL control of the ball when he went down and hit the ground with it, it is still a live ball. The video isn’t real clear on it, so we can assume either the officials at the ball were wrong or the coach over a hundred feet is wrong.

but a biased coach who never said a word about missed penalty opportunity against Swain.

A few other observations about what this former coach “saw.” He once mentioned Robbinsville defense getting by with jumping off sides before the ball was snapped, but when you replay it one can clearly see the ball being snapped before the defensive player reached the line. Another play the former coach and the the announcer disagrees with the placement of the ball when a Swain player runs out of bounds near the end of the chains and didn’t get the 1st down ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE of the field from where this coach was sitting. Go back and watch it and you can see the chain crew member jump back from the line with the stick as the player heads toward him. Keep in mind the official marks the spot BEFORE the stick at the end of the chain is replaced. The chain crews are supplied by the home team. Did the Swain chain crew member on the other end of the chain 30’ away move his end of the chain away from its original spot or did the chain get stretched before the chain crew member got back into place?

There were missed opportunities for penalties on both sides of the ball, but this former coach saw only what he wanted to see. He is a biased coach AND should be! He never acknowledged any missed penalties against SWAINHe is a coaches’ coach, someone who is passionate about the game, but is naturally biased (makes him a good coach) toward other teams. He shouldn’t have publicly constantly questioned the officials’ knowledge skills and abilities like he did.

Anyone who thinks the SMC officiating needs better officials, and thin they know more than the ones we have now need to Cowboy-up, sign up next season, put on the stripes. The SMC is in dire need of additional officials.

One other…..in regards to a questionable “pass interference” call against Robbinsville resulting in a first down for Swain…..unless the rules have changed there is no such thing as an “un-catchable” ball in NC Highschool football.

I quit officiating years ago due to the “arm-chair” officials. But I will say….make a bad call in SMC football and before long everyone forgets it, but a bad call in SMC basketball no one ever forgets. Lol.

I will have to say that Swain done something no one else has been able to do….shut down # 4 Adams. A well organized defense on Swain’s part.
Their were missed calls on both side of the ball but two that I question as well was the last or next two last possession that Swain had the ball were the lineman pointed at the blitzing Linebacker and was flagged for false start and the other was were the back went into monition around the QB and was flagged for illegal motion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT