ADVERTISEMENT

3A 3A Girls Basketball Thread

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Post anything about NCHSAA 3A Girls Basketball here!!

Top games, top players, top teams, and just general conversations about just 3A Girls!!

An early matchup with Randleman will give an idea of what Oak Grove has to offer. They had decent post play but lacked guard play last couple years

Randleman is a possible state contender. They beat a decent Oak Grove team pretty easily. Ledford is not as strong as usual but always puts a decent team on the court.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
NW Cabarrus will make noise in the 3A West for sure! 4-0 beating 3 4A schools!
Beating a tough 4A Hickory Ridge by 20 points.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vik-Val 86
I wonder what happened? I saw Ledford was scheduled to play Thomasville last night but it doesn’t look like that happened.

Fairly close game until Randleman out scores Ledford 14-2, in the 4th and wins by 20. Randleman has a pretty decent starting 5. Play well together. Ledfords not as strong as their teams in the past, but should win 3/4 of their games.

Great performance from the Lady Tigers last night. They are who I thought they were.

IMO, the biggest key to the victory was their defense on Sarah Ledbetter. The Tigers threw a box-and-one at her and took her completely out of her game. Randleman also did a great job of hitting free throws.

Once again, Randleman was led by their awesome duo of Gracyn Hall and Elizabeth York. I wouldn't be surprised to see either of these ladies end up as Randolph County POY.

I've known about those two for quite some time. I did not know about Audra Petty. Petty's a good guard who can really shoot the basketball. She had a very good game last night.

Randleman's a tough, tough team. I don't foresee many losses for them.

Despite the loss, I wouldn't completely discard Ledford. The Panthers are a good team and Ledbetter is one heck of a ballplayer. They'll win their share of games.

Reactions: GSO-Triple5
I don’t foresee anyone challenging Randleman until the playoffs, with the exception of SWR.
I believe Ledford should finish 2 in their conference, after ND.

Saw North Davidson for the first time a few hours ago. They're tough. I'd love to see them and Randleman play each other.

Personally I would go with Randleman. Hege, for North, would by the most talented player, but Randlemans starting five is stronger than North, IMO

Here are 2 teams to keep an eye one on in the girls 3A conference NW Cabarrus 11-1 (7-1) and Carson 14-3 (7-1). Last meeting of the 2 NW Cabarrus won over Carson 43-42. But Carson will have a chance for revenge on 2/1 at 6 pm at Carson high. Should be a good one. I will also add that NW Cabarrus only loss was to West Rowan 9-3 ( (4-2) 56-44 on the last meeting. Tonight 1-28 (6 pm) at home NW Cabarrus will have a rematch with West Rowan. NW Cabarrus will need this win to have a chance to stay at top in the conference.

Last edited:
By far the most jaw-dropping thing I've seen in the 3A ranks is Ben L. Smith (yes, Ben L. Smith) is 15-2 and is sitting atop their conference. And no, I'm not talking about the boys. I posted in the right thread.

Big matchup here as Carson girls 14-3 ( 7-1) will play at home against NW Cabarrus 11-1 (7-1) at 6pm this evening. 2-1. Last meeting NW Cabarrus won 43-42.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Here is report of the Carson n NW Cabarrus game from the other evening. Carson girls won 54-25. Carson is 8-1 conference but Max Preps is showing NW Cabarrus at 7-3 in conference if that’s correct.

Here is report of the Carson n NW Cabarrus game from the other evening. Carson girls won 54-25. Carson is 8-1 conference but Max Preps is showing NW Cabarrus at 7-3 in conference if that’s correct.
That is correct. They were 7-1 going in this week and lost to Carson and South Rowan to make them 7-3 in SPC.

North Davidson defeated Ledford to win the Mid-Piedmont hardware.

Also, Ben L. Smith defeats Rockingham County for the Mid-State title. Wow, what a turn of events for the Golden Eagles the last couple of years.....

Reactions: Hon Dines
Sugar Jets had no answer for their press. down 11 before they got the ball over mid court. Great tournament run, but it was not to be.

I would have loved to see Susie Deweese attack that press.

I know North Iredell girls basketball has been down for a couple seasons or so. Maybe they will get a boost with this hire.

North Iredell has its challenges in all sports being a very rural school. However, the ladies basketball has been very competitive over the years. With Coach Jolly, they will not loose many games due to coaching. They or may not be able to get the talent to the gym (let me say again, very rural) but if they do, they will do very very well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT