ADVERTISEMENT

3-Rivers Football Predictions

DAMAN14

Nov 8, 2002
TOP TIER
South Columbus
Always well-coached and a great O-line and RB. They will be at the top of the conference.

Whiteville
They have the athletes to challenge South Columbus for the king of the conference.

SECOND TIER
St. Pauls
New coach same expectations. They are turning the corner. They were young last year and are still young. I think they will challenge Whiteville and South Columbus for the top tier of the conference.

East Bladen
They lost a lot from last year but they will just reload.

Red Springs
Great athletes and a good coach, but losing Bass will hit them hard.

Fairmont
Athletes on top of athletes. If they can get the ball to Walters and Morris, they will have a shot.

LOWER TIER
South Robeson
They have the athletes and will separate themselves from the other 1A teams. Do they have enough to battle the 2A teams constantly week in and week out?

West Bladen
They will struggle. There is just a lack of interest in football the last few years.

West Columbus
Have to get the basketball and baseball athletes to play and dedicate themselves to football also.

East Columbus
Lack of numbers will hinder any success for the gators.

Although Im excited for some football this will be a boring conference to watch on Friday nights. Gates will be low and besides Wville the teams are down this year. I know Im biased but wville is going to run through this conference. Three football schools in this conference. South lost too many to compete with Wville this year and EB is going to be so bad they cant even find anyone to replace Robbie. Wville only goal in conf play ought to be keep their qb injury free for playoffs. WC, EC, Robeson county football...very discouraging. Poor EC and WC just try and put 11 on the field Friday nights

Apologize. EB will not be that bad. They just wont contend for conf championship not be near as dominate as years past. Sorry just being honest and going on what I see and hear. Ya they will beat and destroy the bottom tier of conf but will will be avg at best just like SC, StPauls, and Fairmont

Apologize. EB will not be that bad. They just wont contend for conf championship not be near as dominate as years past. Sorry just being honest and going on what I see and hear. Ya they will beat and destroy the bottom tier of conf but will will be avg at best just like SC, StPauls, and Fairmont

And what have you "seen" other than the fact that EB will be younger than years past?

The Smith, McDowell, and Wooten kids are all gone. Pretty sure those guys carried the Eagles last year. Tough to replace.

And what have you "seen" other than the fact that EB will be younger than years past?
I for one would be very surprised if EB is not right there at the end. Kids always get after it, and coaching staff always does a fine job of getting them prepared. I hope that 1990 is right, but I just don't see the Pack being that far ahead of the field. Yes, do have talent, but also have a few holes to fill. Going to be interesting to say the least. They are definitely working and getting a lot done. Been very impressed with Coach Price .
Sure our friends down South will have a say so also. Still have play makers and the horses up front on both sides of the ball. Two or three step up and its going to be business as usual on the Hill........

The Smith, McDowell, and Wooten kids are all gone. Pretty sure those guys carried the Eagles last year. Tough to replace.

Which is true....but EB wasn't a three horse team. While JV success doesn't always translate to varsity success...it's hard to ignore that EB's JV teams have been very good over the last few years on top of the middle school program not losing a game in a few years.

Again...yes the Eagles will be young at spots....but your initial statement was ridiculous. If things go south...I'll be the first to admit that I was wrong but EB has established itself as a program that doesn't have many rebuild years but more reload.

Good luck to all the teams this season.

I wouldnt sleep on East Bladen like most of the strong football programs in this area no matter what they will always have speed and size and not to mention Elizabethtown is a hard place to win a football game.....and they still have #9 James Higgins that young man can tote the groceries...EB will be in the thick of things in the 2A east as always

Reactions: ebeagles
TOP TIER
South Columbus
Always well-coached and a great O-line and RB. They will be at the top of the conference.

Whiteville
They have the athletes to challenge South Columbus for the king of the conference.

SECOND TIER
St. Pauls
New coach same expectations. They are turning the corner. They were young last year and are still young. I think they will challenge Whiteville and South Columbus for the top tier of the conference.

East Bladen
They lost a lot from last year but they will just reload.

Red Springs
Great athletes and a good coach, but losing Bass will hit them hard.

Fairmont
Athletes on top of athletes. If they can get the ball to Walters and Morris, they will have a shot.

LOWER TIER
South Robeson
They have the athletes and will separate themselves from the other 1A teams. Do they have enough to battle the 2A teams constantly week in and week out?

West Bladen
They will struggle. There is just a lack of interest in football the last few years.

West Columbus
Have to get the basketball and baseball athletes to play and dedicate themselves to football also.

East Columbus
Lack of numbers will hinder any success for the gators.
I like your analysis based on what is known about players lost to graduation and returning talent. But until practice and scrimmages start its really hard to determine how a team will gel. It happens every season where expectations are not met by some teams while others rise up and surprise everyone. And even when the season starts some teams seem to get better while others fade after a hot start. But however it plays out I can't wait for it to start.

OAN....Some good news to share. East Bladen Head Coach Robby Priest announced he's scheduled to go to his FINAL scheduled cancer treatment today. What a way to start practice next week!!!!

#RobbyStrong

Pulling and praying for Robbie. Great person and family. The team needs Robbie and Robbie needs the team. Hoping the best for Robbie on and off the field.

St Pauls is going to the TOP
giphy-downsized-large.gif

53 players out for the first day of practice for EBHS. Hopefully more incoming freshmen will start to filter in.

What about everyone else?

I think Whiteville is the team in this conf. Wolf pack will get one test this year,South Columbus.
Them Whiteville boys are bad boys....they are SICK, but the South Columbus pimps are freaking dangerous Hoss

But at the end of the day, ima stick with them studs from up yond in St Pauls

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT