ADVERTISEMENT

2A State Championship: Reidsville vs East Duplin

I looked at some comparison games….Whiteville, North Brunswick, New Hanover, Southern Alamance, Eastern Alamance…..leading me to believe…. Reidsville by 21. Ugh!

But that’s why they play the game!😜

I will say that Reidsville winning over Burns has pulled Maiden and CHASE up a spot in the Max Preps rankings….heck…even pulled Providence Grove back into the top 20 2a.
Now…that’s a good thing!

However😂.…Reidsville won’t need any of my help. Sooo…..Let’s go! East Duplin!

We need Reidsville turnovers….I’d say at least 3!

“Strip him!”…..will be echoing out of my living room on every Reidsville carry come this Saturday!
Yep! …Armchair coaching my arse off!

Hoping East Duplin fans do the same! 😉

Boog still waiting on that Reidsville L so he can come in?

dog smoking GIF

I wonder how this years Reidsville team compares to 2021 Shelby? I ask the question because this years ED and 2021 WRH are similar. (I know WRH had Roberts but ED can vary their attack - a little).

Hopefully ED can play error free and use up the clock making every possession pressure packed. Getting down early by more than 14 will be bad news for ED. On the other hand, if Reidsville players don’t listen to the defensive game plan and execute it they may only get the ball 2-3 times a half.

A lot of things have to go right for ED to win. Play error free, use the clock, mix in a safe pass here and there and have the ball last.

Reactions: beamer24
I wonder how this years Reidsville team compares to 2021 Shelby? I ask the question because this years ED and 2021 WRH are similar. (I know WRH had Roberts but ED can vary their attack - a little).

Hopefully ED can play error free and use up the clock making every possession pressure packed. Getting down early by more than 14 will be bad news for ED. On the other hand, if Reidsville players don’t listen to the defensive game plan and execute it they may only get the ball 2-3 times a half.

A lot of things have to go right for ED to win. Play error free, use the clock, mix in a safe pass here and there and have the ball last.

You just gave this thread a whole new trajectory.

I think some of you guys are minimizing the problems Reidsville could have defending the wing T. One of Rams' defensive strengths is the secondary (those guys have scored an incredible 8 touchdowns, including key pick-6s in the last two playoff wins) and the interception proficiency (state record 34) won't be much of a factor against the ED wing T. An East Duplin strength is ball control: Panthers have given up only six interceptions and lost just 3 fumbles in 15 games.

Panthers, led by tough-to-tackle 215-pound senior Avery Gaby, are averaging 295 yards rushing a game. They've amassed 70 rushing TDs and 18 passing TDs. (For comparison purposes, Reidsville has 36 rushing TDs and 40 passing TDs to go with 9 defensive TDs and 2 punt return TDs).

In sum, overconfidence isn't warranted against an excellent team like East Duplin.

Last edited:
I think some of you guys are minimizing the problems Reidsville could have defending the wing T. One of Rams' defensive strengths is the secondary (those guys have scored an incredible 8 touchdowns, including key pick-6s in the last two playoff wins) and the interception proficiency (state record 34) won't be much of a factor against the ED wing T. An East Duplin strength is ball control: Panthers have given up only six interceptions and lost just 3 fumbles in 15 games.

Panthers, led by tough-to-tackle 215-pound senior Avery Gaby, are averaging 295 yards rushing a game. They've amassed 70 rushing TDs and 18 passing TDs. (For comparison purposes, Reidsville has 36 rushing TDs and 40 passing TDs to go with 9 defensive TDs and 2 punt return TDs).

In sum, overconfidence isn't warranted against a excellent team like East Duplin.
I think overall, except the DBs, the “not to be named team” was better defensively. I think Reidsville has edge in coaching over “that team”. My guess is the players think their athletic ability will make them good enough to win. Then they get the talk at halftime and start trying to execute at stopping the T.

ED is better defensively than what Wallace was last season.

I looked at some comparison games….Whiteville, North Brunswick, New Hanover, Southern Alamance, Eastern Alamance…..leading me to believe…. Reidsville by 21. Ugh!

But that’s why they play the game!😜

I will say that Reidsville winning over Burns has pulled Maiden and CHASE up a spot in the Max Preps rankings….heck…even pulled Providence Grove back into the top 20 2a.
Now…that’s a good thing!

However😂.…Reidsville won’t need any of my help. Sooo…..Let’s go! East Duplin!

We need Reidsville turnovers….I’d say at least 3!

“Strip him!”…..will be echoing out of my living room on every Reidsville carry come this Saturday!
Yep! …Armchair coaching my arse off!

Hoping East Duplin fans do the same! 😉

I figured you would be sitting with @rambbq and @TheMule . I plan to go. I'd like to see the title come home to the east but I'll probably be sitting with the guys I know from Reidsville.

I always try to look at both teams schedules. How did you handle your business when playing bad teams? How do handle business against good teams? It's my opinion against bad teams score quick and often, put them to bed at half-time and not give up but a couple of tds (0-1 against starters) I think both ED and Reidsville accomplished this.
Against good teams. Win number one. Then look at points for and against. We both had a close loss. Princeton and 4a Page. Reidsville good on good 7-1. Reidsville more than handled their good on good games. Eastern Alamance was a td difference. Chase, maiden and Burns were blowouts. ED is a little weird because you had two good teams twice. Nice wins but could have gone either way with WRH. Whiteville being a blowout.
Seems like ED trade punches in close games against similar Run First programs.
I will go out on a limb and say Reidsville's D will be the best you've faced this year. ED gives up points. Reidsville scores a lot. For ED to win, they have to control the clock, get ahead and stay ahead. If ED gets down early by 14 points and Reidsville D forces 3 and outs or turnovers its going to get out of reach quick.
I haven't seen anyone talk about ED Special Teams?
How big are you guys up front?
Just my opinion

Reactions: Rammer16
Well I’m pulling for ED From A Bulldog Fan!! I hope they win and the wing t isn’t all dives I can run so many different packages out on it. U don’t know which one they running blitz the gaps the outside is open cover the outside the inside is open pick your poison!! I say!! Duplin County Stand Up!! DC Football the best ECC Football the Best Conference In Highschool football
There are more series in the Wing then, Law & Order and NCIS combined

• Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
I always try to look at both teams schedules. How did you handle your business when playing bad teams? How do handle business against good teams? It's my opinion against bad teams score quick and often, put them to bed at half-time and not give up but a couple of tds (0-1 against starters) I think both ED and Reidsville accomplished this.
Against good teams. Win number one. Then look at points for and against. We both had a close loss. Princeton and 4a Page. Reidsville good on good 7-1. Reidsville more than handled their good on good games. Eastern Alamance was a td difference. Chase, maiden and Burns were blowouts. ED is a little weird because you had two good teams twice. Nice wins but could have gone either way with WRH. Whiteville being a blowout.
Seems like ED trade punches in close games against similar Run First programs.
I will go out on a limb and say Reidsville's D will be the best you've faced this year. ED gives up points. Reidsville scores a lot. For ED to win, they have to control the clock, get ahead and stay ahead. If ED gets down early by 14 points and Reidsville D forces 3 and outs or turnovers its going to get out of reach quick.
I haven't seen anyone talk about ED Special Teams?
How big are you guys up front?
Just my opinion
Fair assessment for the most part. ED not big up front about a 250 average

I’m so tired of all these cocky Reidsville fans it was the same way in 2017 when they lost to a running team that on threw to passes the whole game!! Afterwards the posters from Reidsville that are not so cocky gave Wrh their flowers so to all the posters from Reidsville I applaud u for speaking with common sense when posting thank y’all

I’m so tired of all these cocky Reidsville fans it was the same way in 2017 when they lost to a running team that on threw to passes the whole game!! Afterwards the posters from Reidsville that are not so cocky gave Wrh their flowers so to all the posters from Reidsville I applaud u for speaking with common sense when posting thank y’all

Ya'll were the favorites in 2017 what are you talking about. You don't have to throw any passes if you have javonte williams and Desmond Newkirk in the backfield

Reactions: daagoob and dogs79
Not me ... see my above post. I think this is going to be a competitive game.

Ya'll were the favorites in 2017 what are you talking about. You don't have to throw any passes if you have javonte williams and Desmond Newkirk in the backfield
Ok say that now we weee the fabboriyes in 2017 not by some of u Reidsville posters were posting very reckless like y’all were unbeatable so now a lot of them saying this and that

Ok say that now we weee the fabboriyes in 2017 not by some of u Reidsville posters were posting very reckless like y’all were unbeatable so now a lot of them saying this and that
Bro in here speaking French. I’m just messing with you, bro. I do the same thing on my IPhone daily. It will have you typing all kinds of gibberish. Gotta proof read that thing, before hitting send.

Last edited:
I keep remembering 1998. The Rams had just upset the undefeated and two time defending State Champions Clinton Dark Horses (sorry to remind you, Wiz) and headed down to Tarboro to dispatch those minions on our way to Chapel Hill for yet another championship victory.

But somehow they had to play the game before heading to Chapel Hill.

Reminder: Tarboro was one of those wing T teams. The Rams never figured out who had the ball and the rest is just a bad history lesson for over confident Reidsville fans and the team.:mad:o_O:mad:o_O

I keep remembering 1998. The Rams had just upset the undefeated and two time defending State Champions Clinton Dark Horses (sorry to remind you, Wiz) and headed down to Tarboro to dispatch those minions on our way to Chapel Hill for yet another championship victory.

Reminder: Tarboro was one of those wing T teams. The Rams never figured out who had the ball and the rest is just a bad history lesson for over confident Reidsville fans and the team.:mad:o_O:mad:o_O
I don't know how Tarboro is now but I remember seeing them years ago and you could not tell who was coming out of the backfield with the ball.i told somebody I would just tell my guys to tackle everyone in the backfield. It was amazing to watch.

Maiden Creek and Otis 4411 will be more than welcome on Reidsville side (which will be the visitor side for this one),,,you guys can sit with me and my grandsons and pull for whomever....just be nice about it.....
Im glad you don't look at who posts what, because Frank never said a word about wing t being just the dive. Terrible job, keep up the bad work.
Who said the wing T was just a dive? They keep putting words in my post. I said stop the dive and rams win. Because if you don’t stop the dive nothing else matters. The sweeps I’m not worried about. Defense is too fast.

Reactions: Maiden Creek

Mule that was 24 years ago...most of these guys posting and boasting weren't even a gleam in their Daddy's eyes then...lol....old guys like me and you remember tho.....wing t when it's run right is a tough offense to defend and nobody in this part of the state runs that offense....tough to adjust guys to defend that in 1 week of preparation....flip side tho...ED hasn't seen an offense like Reidsville either.......mistakes and turnovers will be the key................

Wow, that is really something.
That must have been a great Tarboro team to take such a confident and proven Reidsville team out. And that was during a unified 2A Title period, with no subdivision to cut your competition in half.
So who did Tarboro go on to play in Chapel Hill?
They must have won out.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Chopper747
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT