ADVERTISEMENT

2A State Championship: Reidsville vs East Duplin

It’s insane to me that a high school football discussion board can get you heated to the point of “not posting up here anymore”. It’s as Goob said, if you’re gonna fire the shots, you gotta have thick skin for the rebuttal. You have pride for your school as do I. It’s when you told me “what I could do with myself” that made it personal. You do whatever helps you sleep at night buddy. I’ll sleep very well tonight. @FACT24

Congrats to Reidsville on a great season. Your guys gave us all we wanted. A few different bounces of the ball and it could have been a different result. Definitely some questionable calls on both sides, but you must be able to play through those and correct them in the future. Reidsville has a bright future with this young team.
You told me to come find you which from where I come from is a threat . So I believe you made it personal. I don’t and will not back down from anything. I don’t care how big strong you are. I may die in the fight but I refuse to back down. Simple as that from my point of view

So East Duplin is going to play the we just lucky to be here role?
Reidsville by 30, book it!!
Again, this guy thought Reidsville was unbeatable and would win every game by double digits. I said before and I’ll say again, because of their fans I’m glad someone else won the state besides Reidsville. Congrats ED

You told me to come find you which from where I come from is a threat . So I believe you made it personal. I don’t and will not back down from anything. I don’t care how big strong you are. I may die in the fight but I refuse to back down. Simple as that from my point of view
I said this after you said what you said. Just like you bud, I’m not backing down either. Tempers run high in situations like this, especially if you are on the wrong end of the result. I get it. We’ve been on the short end of the stick more than a few times. It’s a bad feeling.

Il sleep very good tonight. Have a great wife 3 kids , new puppy and a 13 yr old dog. Don’t get much better besides Rams winning which they didn’t. I truly am happy for ED fans and especially the players. I’ve been on both sides of this game. Memories either way. Safe travels back and enjoy the party and the rings

It’s all good. Go enjoy this . I never intended my first post to taken the way it did. About rams mistakes and couple calls costing us. It did. But that’s football. Gotta be better regardless . I did congratulate ED in the same post and I meant it.
No problem. Your Rams will be back in the mix next year with this team, count on that.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
S
No problem. Your Rams will be back in the mix next year with this team, count on that.
Said same thing last year. All it got us was a loss in a title game. Won’t make me or players feel any better. Makes it worse. Gotta prove it on the field. Talent is there but have to do the little things

Reactions: Maiden Creek
This probably my last game on here. Ima end up in jail cuz the old me going to come out and il something il regret out of pride. Been under estimated my whole life. But to the regulars, if you want me you know where I sit. Where I live or got my number . Hit me up .
GO RAMS
its not even worth getting that stressed about tbh. when things happen in real life like has happened to my family recently you realize that at the end of the day we all love our teams but this is all just entertainment. support your team and talk a little trash but dont take it too personal. let whats said on these boards stay on these boards.

its not even worth getting that stressed about tbh. when things happen in real life like has happened to my family recently you realize that at the end of the day we all love our teams but this is all just entertainment. support your team and talk a little trash but dont take it too personal. let what happens on these boards stay on these boards.
Wish it was that easy. When I say anything I got people on streets trying to tell me what I should and shouldn’t say. Those don’t bother me cuz I’m a grown man and say what’s on my mind. If I’m wrong I’m sure someone will tell me on here.

Congrats to East Duplin on winning the State Championship. Who said a running team couldn't win a championship, but to score the winning touchdown on a 4th and 5 from the 5 with a pass is beyond me. Man, what a call. Great coaching and LOL from Whiteville.
Everyone knew it was a pass. Just didn’t play assignments right. No way they was running on 4th and 5 in that moment

Sorry to be so late posting but we had a basketball game after the football game.

I am almost afraid to post because there are so many angry and upset posters venting.

Anyway, congrats to East Duplin. They played classic smash mouth Eastern Football and kept the Rams offense off the field. They deserved to win with a magnificent performance.

The game was determined when E. Duplin blocked the Rams field goal attempt for a TD as the Reidsville players stood around thinking the play was over.

Great season for both teams. E. Duplin was mostly a senior dominated team and this win is something the players will cherish for the rest of their lives.

Reidsville is mostly an underclassmen team and will be even better next year.

Edited to note it was great sitting with Otis and Creek. Great fans and people who know football.

I hope I am still here in 2023 for another great high school football season in North Carolina.

Last edited:
its not even worth getting that stressed about tbh. when things happen in real life like has happened to my family recently you realize that at the end of the day we all love our teams but this is all just entertainment. support your team and talk a little trash but dont take it too personal. let whats said on these boards stay on these boards.

I hope all is well, 96. It's good to see you post again. Hopefully we'll catch up at a game next year

Well no crow for me, it was chori pollo. I told you it would last four quarters.

I said to those around me, will battle shock the world and throw it on fourth and goal?

Not blaming the refs for the loss but I do wish they had less say in this game. Flags were the only thing to stop duplin in the first half. Flags seemed to hinder everything the rams did in the second. I may have been the only person in the stadium who felt they got the fumble call and the pass interference call right. I hated the pass interference call , but after the replay, you are going to get that call every time in high school.

At times the game just felt like it was destiny, for every setback, duplin caught a break.

The Rams had a great season and lost to a better team today. Two months ago I was telling a friend the next game I would see is the third round of the playoffs. He said, you may not see them play again this year. The rams proved both of us wrong.

So I guess I will put the cold gear away again and anxiously await Clinton vs Reidsville at Carter-Finley next year.

Well no crow for me, it was chori pollo. I told you it would last four quarters.

I said to those around me, will battle shock the world and throw it on fourth and goal?

Not blaming the refs for the loss but I do wish they had less say in this game. Flags were the only thing to stop duplin in the first half. Flags seemed to hinder everything the rams did in the second. I may have been the only person in the stadium who felt they got the fumble call and the pass interference call right. I hated the pass interference call , but after the replay, you are going to get that call every time in high school.

At times the game just felt like it was destiny, for every setback, duplin caught a break.

The Rams had a great season and lost to a better team today. Two months ago I was telling a friend the next game I would see is the third round of the playoffs. He said, you may not see them play again this year. The rams proved both of us wrong.

So I guess I will put the cold gear away again and anxiously await Clinton vs Reidsville at Carter-Finley next year.
But, you’re also the same person who said that Chase, being the running team they were, would prep the Rams for whoever they would be playing from the East in the state championship.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT