ADVERTISEMENT

2A State Championship: Reidsville vs East Duplin

Hell of a game in my opinion. Thank you to the teams of Reidsville and East Duplin for the entertainment. Made my Saturday.
This is an understatement. ED played their game and forced Reidsville to participate in their plan. All things said and done, the breaks, penalties and score was almost even. Congratulations to both programs on an awesome game and season.

2 champs 1 completed pass. That’s old school crazy.
I love this type of football. I like all football but my favorite to watch back home over the years are Smash-mouth. From SP, to old triple Shelby teams, Hibriten, Catholic, and the Barnes wildcat led Crest teams, they’re the best. Nothing is better than watching a team just physically impose their will.

And just like that 95 percent of the Reidsville posters have disappeared all the sudden

Here comes the referees cost us the game and every excuse other than a better team won!iin fact East should have probably won by at least three touchdowns
That mental lapse on the blocked field goal and ED dominating the line of scrimmage cost us the game. But that mental lapse on the block field goal hurt us the most

Reactions: Tiger_Pride31
Don't expect a pass in the 1A game either. Northern Nash in 3A throws the rock a bit, though.

We finally got it. Way to go boys! OL played a hell of a game and so did the D!! For a anti-run defense I thought they played the pass pretty well. I'll also just add that without all the mistakes and times we tried to it give away then this game would have been a 2 probably 3 score game...

We finally got it. Way to go boys! OL played a hell of a game and so did the D!! For a anti-run defense I thought they played the pass pretty well. I'll also just add that without all the mistakes and times we tried to it give away then this game would have been a 2 probably 3 score game...
It does make a difference having a more senior-laden squad

CONGRATS to our East Duplin Panthers on our very first state championship! and its all the more sweet to do it against Reidsville, a program that commands the utmost respect because of their great tradition and most state championships in NC history. Duplin County does it to them again. last time it was Wallace Rose-Hill. this time East Duplin.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT