ADVERTISEMENT

2A Rankings Through Week 7 (Updated: Extended FB Rankings)

Oh wow. ER fell all the way out of top 20 and didn’t even play...
Must be due to the “power ranking” of the team they lost to last week?
Wait that team is at 10???
Again none of these polls really matter in the end but they are fun to talk about. Thanks for doing them.

Biggest thing I see is several ranked teams not making the playoffs and all eight teams in 2AA West are ranked.
hate to break the news to ya fella but who's doing the ranking. Some pollsters need to get a grip. Its not important. Your record counts and then its head to head play. If you didnt make the playoffs you should have done better in the shortened regular season. I remember the day only conference champions went to the playoffs. You know what? It was better unless you like participation trophies

Last edited:
Maxprep disrespects eastern North Carolina even further this week. Last week only 4. Easterm team were ranked in the state’s top 25. This week theres only 3. Dont give me any b/s about power ranking and SOS. That’s a good reason they're not considered in this years playoff seeding and never ever should be. Worst polling bias of any kind I've ever seen except maybe the polling in the 2016 presidential election, no this is worse and a disgrace to the 16 eastern teams that are competing in the state playoffs. I wont respond to any response- it aint worth it.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and beamer24
Maxprep disrespects eastern North Carolina even further this week. Last week only 4. Easterm team were ranked in the state’s top 25. This week theres only 3. Dont give me any b/s about power ranking and SOS. That’s a good reason they're not considered in this years playoff seeding and never ever should be. Worst polling bias of any kind I've ever seen except maybe the polling in the 2016 presidential election, no this is worse and a disgrace to the 16 eastern teams that are competing in the state playoffs. I wont respond to any response- it aint worth it.
I'm sure you meant 2020 election and I agree with you on max preps.

If you look at the brackets I would take all 8 2AA West teams versus any 2AA East teams outside maybe Randleman that is where the disparity is coming from. 2A East is pretty good but not 2 AA.

Polls are opinions and opinions are like a;;holes everybody has one. Only poll that matters is last one. You win the Championship your #1, but the East gets no respect because the West has a much higher percentage rate of winning the Ship. In nearly every classification. No need to get butt hurt over a poll. Just my opinion!!!LOL.

I'm sure you meant 2020 election and I agree with you on max preps.
No I think Wiz meant 2016 when the so called experts thought Hilary would walk the dog on Trump.....as far as h.s. football polls....not sure what the math formula for determining the top teams are...but as they say game is played on field not paper.....Quality will out.....................

6 bigs 4 littles in top ten. Tripping on 6! Loving it though!
Prolly say the same about 5. But u better not say it around me!😁
Couple of red herrings at 23-24
21 and 52...mmmm ...alright then.

Let’s get this done!

Wiz a solution would be to address the issue on the field against western teams and at the championship level. Once the the wins stop showing bias to the west, I'm sure the polls will stop their bias. Just an idea.

Reactions: UNC91 and daletec
If you look at the brackets I would take all 8 2AA West teams versus any 2AA East teams outside maybe Randleman that is where the disparity is coming from. 2A East is pretty good but not 2 AA.

Aside from Reidsville, nobody from 2A east has beaten anybody note worthy enough to be ranked anywhere. They beat other close neighboring SMALL schools out east. They only play each other in their little bubble and every time they leave their bubble they USUALLY experience loss, Then come on here and scream about not being ranked when they STRUGGLE to get ONE(maybe 2 titles) title out of EIGHT classifications EVERY season. Delusions of grandeur.

Chopper you are going to for ever more piss Wiz off with talk like that. And according to him, math has nothing to do with football. So you might as well forget about the 2 out of 8 stuff.

Aside from Reidsville, nobody from 2A east has beaten anybody note worthy enough to be ranked anywhere. They beat other close neighboring SMALL schools out east. They only play each other in their little bubble and every time they leave their bubble they USUALLY experience loss, Then come on here and scream about not being ranked when they STRUGGLE to get ONE(maybe 2 titles) title out of EIGHT classifications EVERY season. Delusions of grandeur.
Who exactly were we suppose to schedule?in this shorten season we only had 2 non conf games and the rest had to be conference games. I think teams did the best they could with what they had to work with and some unfortunate still got canceled due to C19 complications.

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
Darkhorse#34, I understand what you are saying. I haven’t seen you on here complaining about rankings, you may have and I missed it. I’ve been messin with Wiz now for over a week because he got all bent outta shape about MaxPrrps poll. You’re right, all you can do is play the schedule you’re given. Good luck to your boys Friday night. You can tell Wiz I said so.

Chopper you are going to for ever more piss Wiz off with talk like that. And according to him, math has nothing to do with football. So you might as well forget about the 2 out of 8 stuff.

After 8 reduces to 4, they'll be lucky to get 1/4.

Reactions: UNC91
Who exactly were we suppose to schedule?in this shorten season we only had 2 non conf games and the rest had to be conference games. I think teams did the best they could with what they had to work with and some unfortunate still got canceled due to C19 complications.
Sir, I'm not referring to this season alone.

34, I have him blocked so I don’tread the nonsense but I can already tell you he doesn’t know what he’s talking about

Let’s get this done!
I guarantee to you iis all the 2A’s played all the 2AA’s the 2A’s would have a resounding winning percentage

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Sir, I'm not referring to this season alone.
So to get any respect we have to schedule a brunch of western teams? Ok gotcha ill let the AD and Coach know......yes the west has dominated but yall really sit up here and act like the East has zero talent and no good teams. You say we are stuck in our little bubble but its a couple of yall up here that need to get out your little western bubble. How bout you come out here and watch some games. Travel to some of these lil rural towns in the East and you will see a special brand of football traditional rivalries and tight nit community support. Clinton,Wallace Rose-Hill,East Duplin,Northeastern,Southwest Onslow,East Bladen,South Columbus,Whiteville,James Kenan etc amongst others have had plenty of success and overall have been great programs and had some great teams over the years and to act like we are just so beneath anything out west is bullshit. That closed mindset some of yall have up here is downright disrespectful.....and i guess WRH and NE get no respect for scheduling and playing Havelock(Wallace has done it the last few years including a game at Wake Forest) since new AD and Coach have taken over Clinton has tried and expand who we played before Covid wrecked the fall season we had Charlotte Christian coming to play. But i guess to get any respect up here we need to schedule Reidsville,Myers Park,Shelby,and Vance for our non conf games this fall. God forbid we play our traditional rivalry games. Sorry Wallace we gotta take yall off the schedule this fall no more rivalry games cause we are all dumpster juice out east

waaaay too much fluctuation in those updated rankings. so many teams moving 5,6,7+ spots who played mediocre/garbage teams last week.

he’s all over the place — tells me it’s really just a “flavor of the week” mindset

Now the real bias comes from recruiting....i swear some of these scouts need to accidentally wonder east of 95 one Friday night and check out some of these kids in small 2A and 1A schools. I watched UNC's Jevonte Williams for 3 years when Wallace would play Clinton same stuff he did that night against Reidsville he had been doing the last 2 years on offense 3 years on defense and it took the last game of his senior year for UNC to notice thats a damn shame especially with his grades. Guys like Ryheem Skinner and Nick Cooper and not to be to bias back in the early 2000's Brandon and Jason Simmons from Hobbton, Farrell and Larrell Murchison from East Bladen. Its a kid named Wyatt Holland probably has one of the best arms in 2A but i bet you football experts out west never heard of him cause he goes to Midway. Right at 2000 yards 22 TDs 2 ints thru 7 games. I swear over the years i seen some talented guys go virtually unnoticed out this way even with youtube,maxpreps,and hudl.

Darkhorse#34, I understand what you are saying. I haven’t seen you on here complaining about rankings, you may have and I missed it. I’ve been messin with Wiz now for over a week because he got all bent outta shape about MaxPrrps poll. You’re right, all you can do is play the schedule you’re given. Good luck to your boys Friday night. You can tell Wiz I said so.
I dont complain bout polls or rankings. They are nice to show off or whatever but honestly only thing that matters is who is playing on SC Saturday.

Actually i take that back the recruiting bias isnt so much east vs west but more so 4A/3A vs 2A/1A

To be fair, there are several guys in the 2022 247 Top 10 from 1A/2A schools. Recruiting stories like Javonte are a dime a dozen. So many kids go under recruited because there are just too many players to try and accurately evaluate across the country.

Combines and college team camps have to be the priority for small school kids looking for exposure. It’s the difference between a Johnny Frasier (top 100 national recruit from 1A Princeton) recruitment and Javonte.

“Still at that point I don't think I had any college offers. The spring before my senior year I went to some camps with my coaches, Jack Holley and Battle Holley, father and son. I went to an adidas combine up at NC State and a Shrine Bowl combine.

Thinking back on that time, I had no clue how important those combines were. I didn't understand what it was about. For me, I had a Saturday off so I was just going to those events with my coaches. They'd tell me to do all these drills the best I could and then they'd take me home. I didn't know how serious it was.”

^ that’s a quote from another WRH product, Nate Irving, talking about his recruitment

Let’s get this done!
What’s your thoughts on the Mt. Heritage/Forbush game? From some of the posts I’ve read you seem to follow a lot of teams. I’ve watched some film with my son but not really knowing the strength of some of the teams they are playing it was hard for me to really determine anything. I don’t follow to many teams outside of WNC.

What’s your thoughts on the Mt. Heritage/Forbush game? From some of the posts I’ve read you seem to follow a lot of teams. I’ve watched some film with my son but not really knowing the strength of some of the teams they are playing it was hard for me to really determine anything. I don’t follow to many teams outside of WNC.
I think Mt Heritage wins big....regrettably...I have a dear friend who graduated from Forbush. I keep an eye on them because my buddy does too. Their undefeated record...is against lower competition ..Mt. Heritage will take this game by alot!
Btw....u didn’t hear it from me.😊

Reactions: 97Cougar
I think Mt Heritage wins big....regrettably...I have a dear friend who graduated from Forbush. I keep an eye on them because my buddy does too. Their undefeated record...is against lower competition ..Mt. Heritage will take this game by alot!
Btw....u didn’t hear it from me.😊
Appreciate the info. I really didn’t know a thing about them when the schedule came out and unless you know a little about the other team as well it’s hard to determine a lot from the one film I saw.

Reidsville played Forbush in the first round in 2019 playoffs and won 57-0 with a running clock entire 2nd half....I'm sure they are probably better than that now but I don't forsee M.H. having any trouble at all in this one.........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT