ADVERTISEMENT

2A favorites for this fall

I think Monroe is definitely a contender. They'll be placed in the Eastern side which would help alot. Tired of seeing blowouts in the Championship game

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
I may be in the minority, but I don’t feel the “underachieved “ comment was a shot. Had we (Tarboro) lost early in the playoffs and someone said we underachieved, I feel the majority of our fans would agree. Matter of fact, our coach has said, it’s not our goal to play for titles, it’s our goal to win them.
With all that being said, I’m not familiar with the history you all have between each other, so it could have very well been a shot, I just figured I’d chime in and say as an outsider, it didn’t come across that way to me.
The shot came from a rival school’s fan that’s lost 3 in a row to the Horses. Sure it was a disappointment to lose in the 1st round but to go 7-1 and win 3 conference titles in a row (particularly beating the rival school that’s always a competitor for the tile, that’s far from underachieving. It was just a cheap shot from the fan if’s team that went 5-4. It won’t be forgotten.
Congratulations to Tarboro on another title, if the Vikings had not won the title like last year it would nit be because they underachieved. They simply lost a game. Everybody’s goal is to win the championship but only one team dies that, the rest are not uneracbievers

Last edited:
  • Haha
The shot came from a rival school’s fan that’s lost 3 in a row to the Horses. Sure it was a disappointment to lose in the 1st round but to go 7-1 and win 3 conference titles in a row (particularly beating the rival school that’s always a competitor for the tile, that’s far from underachieving. It was just a cheap shot from the fan if’s team that went 5-4. It won’t be forgotten.
Congratulations to Tarboro on another title, if the Vikings had not won the title like last year it would nit be because they underachieved. They simply lost a game. Everybody’s goal is to win the championship but only one team dies that, the rest are not uneracbievers

Wasnt a shot at anyone. Relax and calm down old timer. Underachieved isnt the word, choke job more like it

Guess wiz want see this since I'm being ignored. Wiz shot one over the bow. Then I shot one back for what I seen in his team. Must have been a direct hit. Sure didn't mean to alienate him.

Last edited:
your fellow conference members voted the Horses ourt of the conference so suck up to the NE crowd Otis and daagoob up at NE.
Come on Wiz. I'm not a NE guy. I do like ole goob but I'm a fan of good high school football. I'm from Vanceboro West Craven Eagles!! We broke bread at the same table!! You make my heart hurt! You done gone and ignored my man dog79. Don't let a little friendly smack from a rival get to you on here. It's all good. Now those that throw the personal insults!! Yea I get rid of them too.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
Come on Wiz. I'm not a NE guy. I do like ole goob but I'm a fan of good high school football. I'm from Vanceboro West Craven Eagles!! We broke bread at the same table!! You make my heart hurt! You done gone and ignored my man dog79. Don't let a little friendly smack from a rival get to you on here. It's all good. Now those that throw the personal insults!! Yea I get rid of them too.
Nothing on you Otis411, but the Duplin County teams voted us out of the ECC, yes they deny it but we know how it was done- then dog79 5-4 WRH) called our DarkHorses underachievers because the Horses didnt win the east The Horses went 7-1 won the ECC 3 years in a row, the covincingly beat dog79‘s Bulldogs (yes the Horse's took a knee 3 times at the goal ending the game ot they would have hung 43 on his dogs)- Yes the Horses lost in the 1st round to ER but the Horses despite thei conference championship didnt get the benefit of a Red Springs draw. The lost in double OT going for two in a hell of a game; but to call them underachievers; one low life called the chokers, Thats just pure hating, thats all there is too it. I’m personally proud of the DarkHorses . They continued their legacy of winning.
Otis you can com to Clinton anytime and we’ll go get.a steak. I would have joined yall this year but ive had some dental work over the past two months and im tired of soups!

• Haha
Nothing on you Otis411, but the Duplin County teams voted us out of the ECC, yes they deny it but we know how it was done- then dog79 5-4 WRH) called our DarkHorses underachievers because the Horses didnt win the east The Horses went 7-1 won the ECC 3 years in a row, the covincingly beat dog79‘s Bulldogs (yes the Horse's took a knee 3 times at the goal ending the game ot they would have hung 43 on his dogs)- Yes the Horses lost in the 1st round to ER but the Horses despite thei conference championship didnt get the benefit of a Red Springs draw. The lost in double OT going for two in a hell of a game; but to call them underachievers; one low life called the chokers, Thats just pure hating, thats all there is too it. I’m personally proud of the DarkHorses . They continued their legacy of winning.
Otis you can com to Clinton anytime and we’ll go get.a steak. I would have joined yall this year but ive had some dental work over the past two months and im tired of soups!
I might can make it over there Saturday. I'm pretty sure the wife would be willing to go if I lure her with steak. I'll let you know.

Guess I can't have an opinion if doesn't match wiz's. That's ok. I've still got an opinion and guess wiz is butt hurt over it.
Can’t help but chuckle and reflect on my beloved grandmother! The Wizardball reminds me so much of her! Grandmother didn’t take any crap!...from anyone! She had some classic “one liners” too!
Her response to your opinion would’ve been....

Umph!....ole Dogs79 over there....talking out of both sides of his mouth!😂
I got him told!😂

The dark horses from clinton choked HUGE THIS YEAR. Beginning of season everyone had clinton winning the east. Then when seeding came out, wiz said they would play for the title lol

Reactions: f-ball-ace
I might can make it over there Saturday. I'm pretty sure the wife would be willing to go if I lure her with steak. I'll let you know.
Otiss44111, I still have difficult eating, I’m in the middle of some extensive dental work.Hopefully by preseason in August my mouth will be good to go . Maybe we can have a preseason gathering for the whole crowd. We can each share in our phones a video of our favorite play of the spring season and name what individual players at school that will make greatest impact in 2A East ( yes we I ludeyall in 2A East!) I’m going to recollow some posters including dog$9
Sometimes you can just get pissed off.

Otiss44111, I still have difficult eating, I’m in the middle of some extensive dental work.Hopefully by preseason in August my mouth will be good to go . Maybe we can have a preseason gathering for the whole crowd. We can each share in our phones a video of our favorite play of the spring season and name what individual players at school that will make greatest impact in 2A East ( yes we I ludeyall in 2A East!) I’m going to recollow some posters including dog$9
Sometimes you can just get pissed off.

Let me know when you feel better and we can get together. Heck I'll go eat a bowl of soup somewhere with ya. I consider you guy's good people over there at Clinton. 34, 04, and you are good guys to chat with on here. Dogs79 is a great guy too. I think the bitter rivalry you guys have had between your 2 teams can cause things to be harder to take if you are not careful. I think that same conversation had it been had before the season and you speculated about losing in the first round you may have agreed then on underachieving. It was a hard loss. But I think ER played a lot better against Clinton than they did NE. I watched your game on tv and was at the NE game. It was like watching 2 different teams. I think they were so flat they had to get a ladder to get off the bus. Seriously.
I have no idea what to expect with West Craven this season. I'm hoping things will settle down so that I can go watch a few practices. Maybe I can make it to a couple of jamboree's if they are scheduled right.

The more I think about it Wiz. It's a win, win for Clinton and Conference 6. Your horses will benefit for being in a conference that's not going to beat y'all up. You right about winning your conference. Didn't say that exactly but I think that's what you meant. It also allows y'all to schedule 5 games outside conference ED,WRH, JK,and SWO if y'all want and a loss to these teams want hurt y'all and a win helps. For the old ECC, same thing. Lately Clinton has dominated. A loss to Clinton will not hurt teams in conference and hopefully allow two teams from conference 6 in playoffs. I think a loss to one another shouldn't hurt your/our playoff chances. I'll tell you one more thing. I'll be hatin on your darkhorses whether it's a conference game or not. Go Dogs! Fall ball DOGS are back. Think we gonna be good

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
The more I think about it Wiz. It's a win, win for Clinton and Conference 6. Your horses will benefit for being in a conference that's not going to beat y'all up. You right about winning your conference. Didn't say that exactly but I think that's what you meant. It also allows y'all to schedule 5 games outside conference ED,WRH, JK,and SWO if y'all want and a loss to these teams want hurt y'all and a win does. For the old ECC, same thing. Lately Clinton has dominated. A loss to Clinton will not hurt teams in conference and hopefully allow two teams from conference 6 in playoffs. I think a loss to one another shouldn't hurt your/our playoff chances. I'll tell you one more thing. I'll be hatin on your darkhorses whether or not it's a conference game or not. Go Dogs! Fall ball DOGS are back. Think we gonna be good
😁 that’s good stuff!

The more I think about it Wiz. It's a win, win for Clinton and Conference 6. Your horses will benefit for being in a conference that's not going to beat y'all up. You right about winning your conference. Didn't say that exactly but I think that's what you meant. It also allows y'all to schedule 5 games outside conference ED,WRH, JK,and SWO if y'all want and a loss to these teams want hurt y'all and a win helps. For the old ECC, same thing. Lately Clinton has dominated. A loss to Clinton will not hurt teams in conference and hopefully allow two teams from conference 6 in playoffs. I think a loss to one another shouldn't hurt your/our playoff chances. I'll tell you one more thing. I'll be hatin on your darkhorses whether it's a conference game or not. Go Dogs! Fall ball DOGS are back. Think we gonna be good

I have you guys as my favorite out east right now

Reactions: dogs79
So there are three 2A Duplin County schools. Were other schools involved in this "vote"? Who else voted? That is only three votes. The ECC was/is a seven team league. Did new members vote? Old members vote? What did they vote on? Only to not include one school or multiple schools? Did the NCHSAA order this vote holding up the entire 2A realignment process? What other options were up for vote? What were the other options for schools besides Clinton? Did the schools explain why they voted in one way or another. If the Duplin schools voted together, that's only three votes. Where did the 4th come from to make a majority?

I mean you make these accusations, but nothing to back it up. Your response is to ignore other posters (the horror) that don't agree with you.

Give more info on what you post.

So there are three 2A Duplin County schools. Were other schools involved in this "vote"? Who else voted? That is only three votes. The ECC was/is a seven team league. Did new members vote? Old members vote? What did they vote on? Only to not include one school or multiple schools? Did the NCHSAA order this vote holding up the entire 2A realignment process? What other options were up for vote? What were the other options for schools besides Clinton? Did the schools explain why they voted in one way or another. If the Duplin schools voted together, that's only three votes. Where did the 4th come from to make a majority?

I mean you make these accusations, but nothing to back it up. Your response is to ignore other posters (the horror) that don't agree with you.

Give more info on what you post.

I’ve asked multiple AD’s about this, all have said ”The Duplin Co. schools didn’t want Clinton in the new conference alignment”

Believe what u want, wiz isn’t making this up.

Never said anything was made up. I'm simply asking for additional details. I didn't like all the deductions taken out of my paycheck either but guess what...

Were those schools given a choice as in "you can be with Clinton but also with the Bladen and Robeson County schools or you can go with the Lenoir County schools? I would guess that East Duplin given a choice would choose the latter due to distance. Maybe the BOE recommended all three stay together if possible? Doesn't appear WRH cares one way or another since they have scheduled a non conference game with Clinton.

Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
I’ve asked multiple AD’s about this, all have said ”The Duplin Co. schools didn’t want Clinton in the new conference alignment”

Come on man, you clinton boys drinking some goooood kool aid. No one is running or ducking clinton lol

Thank you 04, i wouldn’t make up something like this. I‘m opinioated, I'm biased toward the DarkHorses, but i dont make things up.-

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
East Surry has to be one of if not the overall favorite according to their head coach's twitter pages. They must have a team full of college players. According to one of his tweets he had 41 colleges contact him in one day about his players. Not sure if any 2a team gets that much love.

Thank you 04, i wouldn’t make up something like this. I‘m opinioated, I'm biased toward the DarkHorses, but i dont make things up.-
Again, no one said anything about making anything up. You Clinton posters keep saying the three Duplin 2A schools either voted against being in a conference with Clinton or didn't want to be in a conference with Clinton. All I am asking for are additional details. If a vote occurred, what did they vote on? Who else voted? Who counted the votes? Were there voting irregularities?

If there was no vote, only a request, what other options were presented by the realignment committee to the three schools to consider?

Simple as that.

East Surry has to be one of if not the overall favorite according to their head coach's twitter pages. They must have a team full of college players. According to one of his tweets he had 41 colleges contact him in one day about his players. Not sure if any 2a team gets that much love.
Sounds like a recruiting tactic to get more kids to Transfer to ES

Reactions: vikandpirate4christ
with this new alignment 2A will be stacked. Unless ES get some transfers they will still be decent but want be a state contender in 2A IMO.

Blame Reidsville for the rise in confidence.

Darn you Rams, losing to these 1A schools like ES and Wallace has them thinking they are 2A dynasties.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
East surry is a borderline top 10 team. I don’t think they are a state championship contender though

Blame Reidsville for the rise in confidence.

Darn you Rams, losing to these 1A schools like ES and Wallace has them thinking they are 2A dynasties.
Wallace was 2A actually. ES had a special team the year they barely beat Reidsville. This year Reidsville took a State runner up ES team to the woodshed with their skill/ basketball players only having one week of practice.

Last edited:
Lol reading through this thread is great. Y’all Clinton and DCounty folks are one in the same . (In a good way) It’s a myth being in a weak conference hurts a powerhouse team. Look at Northeastern and Reidsville. Clinton will be just fine.

Reactions: TheMule and dogs79
I don't think you are making that up but it's a misunderstanding at best. The only thing WRH was pushing against was being in a conference with Clinton when it included extensive travel like Red Springs for instance. I know for a fact that WRH loves having Clinton in our conference because it's one of our bigger gates. I can assure you that a team that has won 6 titles in the last 12 years is not dodging anybody. It was more about who else was going to be in that conference when that alignment was proposed.

Lol reading through this thread is great. Y’all Clinton and DCounty folks are one in the same . (In a good way) It’s a myth being in a weak conference hurts a powerhouse team. Look at Northeastern and Reidsville. Clinton will be just fine.
I dont think this new 3 rivers conference is terrible. St. Pauls fresh off a state title appearance and returns some good players,Red Springs has been solid Midway continues to get better,and you know East Bladen is due for a resurgence. Me personally dont care either way about being removed from the ECC its happened before. WRH will remain on the non conference schedule maybe some sort of variation of ED,JK, or SWO added in non conf play in the future and with the new playoff system we all 2A so we may all meet eventually.

I don't think you are making that up but it's a misunderstanding at best. The only thing WRH was pushing against was being in a conference with Clinton when it included extensive travel like Red Springs for instance. I know for a fact that WRH loves having Clinton in our conference because it's one of our bigger gates. I can assure you that a team that has won 6 titles in the last 12 years is not dodging anybody. It was more about who else was going to be in that conference when that alignment was proposed.
This is what I have been saying all along. Clinton guy posted "hope we play ECC team in playoff, they voted us out of ECC, wah wah wah." Back up the statement with something beside what you heard. I dont care how many ADs you spoke with. "DIdnt want" and "voted" are two different things. Again, why didnt they want it? I am inclined to believe it is not because any of the three feared the mighty Dark Horses.

Clinton was probably going to be placed with the Bladen and Robeson county schools no matter what. That had been done before. None of the Duplin County schools probably wanted any part of those bus rides on a Friday night much less a week night. Also, bad gates, high gas hurt the athletic departments. I saw how many people Red Springs brought to Wallace and that was a PLAYOFF game. How many would St Pauls take to East Duplin for a Tuesday night basketball game ??

I mean come on, get serious and use your head. Three little ole Duplin County schools are going to VOTE and hold up the entire realignment process based on what THEY want?? Good lord, none of the three even have a track around their fields and one doesn't even play on campus! You think they have that much pull?? Really?? Voted??

Its your story though. Tell it how you want it.

ByTheFence idk the particulars, I’m not an AD. I wasn’t at the meetings when conference alignments proposals were being discussed. All I know is multiple outlets have said the same thing to me. Duplin CO. Schools said No to Clinton. As to the specifics as to why, I got nothing.

Fair enough. Maybe your sources arent as good as Wiz or maybe he was at the meetings when it was decided. A guy with 16000 posts on a message board probably has front row seats to such things.

Maybe I can get invited to eat a steak, soup, sugar shack BBQ, or something with he and other posters so we can discuss it and he can let me in on it.

In any event, looking forward to football in the fall.

Fair enough. Maybe your sources arent as good as Wiz or maybe he was at the meetings when it was decided. A guy with 16000 posts on a message board probably has front row seats to such things.

Maybe I can get invited to eat a steak, soup, sugar shack BBQ, or something with he and other posters so we can discuss it and he can let me in on it.

In any event, looking forward to football in the fall.
Your welcome anytime we have a “meeting of the mouths” where we all find a place to sit down, eat, introduce ourselves and discuss what we all can agree on....our love for HighSchool football.

ADs do not vote on realignment. They can certainly express their views to the people on the committee, and also make calls to see how other schools feel and gauge their opinion. But they dont "vote".

that being said, I think most of the schools in the East central felt that the league was SO strong it hurt them. Wanting to split the powerhouses up was afactor in their opinions im sure, so while we are splitting hairs on voting or not, thats just terminolgy.

I dont think it s clinton specifcally, but rather so many good football schools at once. When you have east, clinton, JK and wallace thats a traditional powerhouse group. And Midway, who was a 2A power for YEARS, is now on their way back up after a down period.

The idea that you always benefit from being in the strongest conference possible is wrong, especially now when seeding is involved. Sure, you dont want to walk all over everybody, but you also dont want the SEC. Being a top 20 team in the state and not making the playoffs is not what you want. Now, the new league involving the Duplin county schools is still very good. There are just so many solid programs in the area that you cant escape.

The bottom line is this- everyone has to try to do whats best for themselves. The NCHSAA has to try to do whats best overall. Two different goals which means no way everyone can be satisfied.

One advantage Reidsville has had over the years playing in a terrible conference is that the back ups and JVs get to play in nearly all of the regular seasons games and some of the playoff games. That experience means a lot and it gives the coaches game film so they have a better idea of how the young players will perform in the coming year.

ADs do not vote on realignment. They can certainly express their views to the people on the committee, and also make calls to see how other schools feel and gauge their opinion. But they dont "vote".

that being said, I think most of the schools in the East central felt that the league was SO strong it hurt them. Wanting to split the powerhouses up was afactor in their opinions im sure, so while we are splitting hairs on voting or not, thats just terminolgy.

I dont think it s clinton specifcally, but rather so many good football schools at once. When you have east, clinton, JK and wallace thats a traditional powerhouse group. And Midway, who was a 2A power for YEARS, is now on their way back up after a down period.

The idea that you always benefit from being in the strongest conference possible is wrong, especially now when seeding is involved. Sure, you dont want to walk all over everybody, but you also dont want the SEC. Being a top 20 team in the state and not making the playoffs is not what you want. Now, the new league involving the Duplin county schools is still very good. There are just so many solid programs in the area that you cant escape.

The bottom line is this- everyone has to try to do whats best for themselves. The NCHSAA has to try to do whats best overall. Two different goals which means no way everyone can be satisfied.
Finally a voice of reason. Appreciate the feedback. I think most knowledgeable posters knew and understood there was no "vote".

I think the new ECC in football is on par with the previous group. Clinton/Midway for SWO/Kinston is a wash to me. Goldsboro/Spring Creek for North Lenoir/South Lenoir is also about the same and will be better assuming SL actually plays all the times in the league unlike SC has done the last two seasons.

Reactions: dogs79 and UNC91
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT