ADVERTISEMENT

2A favorites for this fall

Unless Lowman and his staff recruits MA, NS, and Central and steals there best players
You can better believe ES is putting the full court press on stokes and surry county schools players. Now that they are in the 2a, if they can't recruit players from those teams they will drop off the map. Giving kids a FALSE promise that if you come ES you are on the way to the next level....... TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!
You young players out there....... If you can play the next level college coaches will find you.
I don't know of a Coach at any High School that doesn't do their best to make sure their players leave their school as better players, better students, better individuals and if they have the slightest opportunity to play another down of football the next year, YOUR coaching staff would do what ever it takes to get you there. Young players and especially parents need to be careful about drinking the RED cool-aid. Sometimes that red cool-aid has a bitter taste and is not really cool-aid.

Reactions: UNC91
Unless Lowman and his staff recruits MA, NS, and Central and steals there best players
East Surry beats some good teams....played tough against ND....and Reidsville was just stoopid good!
Are they losing everybody? Surely not!

If the Horses get in the playoffs (and they will) I hope their opening round opponent is someone from the ECC. The ECC didn’t want the Horses in the conference (we know how the vote went) so after winning the ECC 3 years in a row, the DarkHorses (after challenges) get sent to the
3 Rivers Conference..The DarkHorses were in that conference during a realignment period 2000-2004 and totally dominated the conference. The ECC has been a competitive conference that made everyone good by playoff time With SWO coming back in it could again been one hell of a conference. With it as it’s going to be I hope the Horses pick up some really good non.conference games.
Curious as to when or how this "vote" went down. Did the same schools that voted Clinton "out" also vote Midway, Spring Creek and Goldsboro out? Did this vote take place after the first, second or third draft? DId these schools vote Kinston and Southwest in?

Do other conferences or schools get to vote schools in or out and then the NCHSAA just abide by the wishes of certain schools? Are we to believe that the schools still in the East Central (the three Duplin county schools) have that much pull? Is Clinton such a force in all sports that those three schools just were bound and determined not to have Clinton in their league?

If we are talking football, I think the addition of Kinston and Southwest is at worst a wash in losing Clinton and Midway. Basketball, Kinston is at the very, very least as good as Clinton and in many years far superior. Baseball, North and South Lenoir would hold their own with Clinton in average years for both. I guess it came down to soccer IF a vote took place. That Clinton soccer program (girls and boys) scared the Duplin County schools so much that they voted Clinton out and the NCHSAA just had to accept it.

Reactions: dogs79
You can better believe ES is putting the full court press on stokes and surry county schools players. Now that they are in the 2a, if they can't recruit players from those teams they will drop off the map. Giving kids a FALSE promise that if you come ES you are on the way to the next level....... TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!
You young players out there....... If you can play the next level college coaches will find you.
I don't know of a Coach at any High School that doesn't do their best to make sure their players leave their school as better players, better students, better individuals and if they have the slightest opportunity to play another down of football the next year, YOUR coaching staff would do what ever it takes to get you there. Young players and especially parents need to be careful about drinking the RED cool-aid. Sometimes that red cool-aid has a bitter taste and is not really cool-aid.
Man you are something else. It is the off-season now, so I figured you would poke your head out of your hole and start spouting out something to do with East Surry. There's not any in this area and not too many in the state who work as hard as Lowman does to get his kids looked at. The amount of time and effort he puts in for these kids behind the scenes is second to none. A coach that actually cares what he can do for you after you leave East. That's why his players love him.

Last edited:
Curious as to when or how this "vote" went down. Did the same schools that voted Clinton "out" also vote Midway, Spring Creek and Goldsboro out? Did this vote take place after the first, second or third draft? DId these schools vote Kinston and Southwest in?

Do other conferences or schools get to vote schools in or out and then the NCHSAA just abide by the wishes of certain schools? Are we to believe that the schools still in the East Central (the three Duplin county schools) have that much pull? Is Clinton such a force in all sports that those three schools just were bound and determined not to have Clinton in their league?

If we are talking football, I think the addition of Kinston and Southwest is at worst a wash in losing Clinton and Midway. Basketball, Kinston is at the very, very least as good as Clinton and in many years far superior. Baseball, North and South Lenoir would hold their own with Clinton in average years for both. I guess it came down to soccer IF a vote took place. That Clinton soccer program (girls and boys) scared the Duplin County schools so much that they voted Clinton out and the NCHSAA just had to accept it.
By the Fence, believe what you want but thats the way it went down. It's not decided by sport. Its not ;like pixel sticks just thrown in the air and fall where they may. Yes member schools have a say.The NCHSAA has the backbone of a jellyfish. Clinton's gone through this before. Thats okay, it went well for them the last time, the regular seasons were just real boring.
Spring Creek? They bowed themselves out this season

Your horses under achevied big time last year. Almost everyone had higher expectations. I thought y'all would play Reidsville for east. Even had benefit of being a city school through covid.
underachieved? Went 7-1, won 3 back to back ECC championships; didn't overachieve by any means but underachieve? I think they did play an exciting brand of high school football. They did lose in the 1st round of the playoffs (the Horses didn't draw Red Springs, Red Springs wasn't Eastern Randolph, and yes Eastern Randolph wasn't Reidsville, neither was anyone else even close) That's what you get for winning a ECC conference championship) Beat WRH, and what exactly was WRH's record? I know who they played but what was the record. 5-4 Win a easy 1st round playoff game against Red Springs at home. Sure many of us hoped the Horses would play Reidsville for the East but it didn't happen. Most everyone is over it I think. Not the end of the world. "Even had the benefit of being a city school through covid" not exactly sure what thats suppose to mean, covid is covid, What was the benefit during covid? Were our players less vulnerable more immune? Our basketball team missed the first 2 weeks of their season due to covid. Higher expectations? Due you think they didn't. Hey I'd just soon tehy lose in the 1st round in double overtime in a great game than got their ass kicked by Reidsville like everyone else did. Instead of underachievers, maybe you should talk about achievers Reidsville's team is achievers.
Oh and by the way I just heard tonight that the Horses and the Bulldogs play early in the fall non-conference schedule. I would not expect it to be any difference in achievement than any other WRH/CHS game.

Last edited:
Your horses under achevied big time last year. Almost everyone had higher expectations. I thought y'all would play Reidsville for east. Even had benefit of being a city school through covid.
Under achieved??? When i played old timers use to tell us Beat Wallace,Beat East Duplin, Beat East Bladen and its a good season. Under achieved yeah i guess you can say that......we didnt get to play East Bladen this year 😂😂😂😂 put a ✅ next to those other boxes tho

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
Lost first round of playoffs.
To each its own i guess. If thats your definition of underachieving....beat your rivals won a conference championship and alot of individual achievements met. As someone that remembers 2009-11 ill take a one loss season over the other end of that spectrum anyday. Of course winning a State Championship is the ultimate goal for every team unfortunately only 8 teams have that privilege losing in the first round in a tough game is disappointing but "underachieving" but hey thats your opinion or maybe just a blind shot at Wiz...... i think we had a good season and accomplished alot

Man you are something else. It is the off-season now, so I figured you would poke your head out of your hole and start spouting out something to do with East Surry. There's not any in this area and not too many in the state who work as hard as Lowman does to get his kids looked at. The amount of time and effort he puts in for these kids behind the scenes is second to none. A coach that actually cares what he can do for you after you leave East. That's why his players love him.
Timy1038 your something else. Yes he does work hard. But Lowman has road the title wave of talent and has been the benefactor of a lot of hard work from the previous coach. East has one more year where they could win their conference but once play-offs start the days of 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd round cup cakes is over. BTW if he is such a great coach, what was his record before he came to ES. PAINT IT RED!!!

underachieved? Went 7-1, won 3 back to back ECC championships; didn't overachieve by any means but underachieve? I think they did play an exciting brand of high school football. They did lose in the 1st round of the playoffs (the Horses didn't draw Red Springs, Red Springs wasn't Eastern Randolph, and yes Eastern Randolph wasn't Reidsville, neither was anyone else even close) That's what you get for winning a ECC conference championship) Beat WRH, and what exactly was WRH's record? I know who they played but what was the record. 5-4 Win a easy 1st round playoff game against Red Springs at home. Sure many of us hoped the Horses would play Reidsville for the East but it didn't happen. Most everyone is over it I think. Not the end of the world. "Even had the benefit of being a city school through covid" not exactly sure what thats suppose to mean, covid is covid, What was the benefit during covid? Were our players less vulnerable more immune? Our basketball team missed the first 2 weeks of their season due to covid. Higher expectations? Due you think they didn't. Hey I'd just soon tehy lose in the 1st round in double overtime in a great game than got their ass kicked by Reidsville like everyone else did. Instead of underachievers, maybe you should talk about achievers Reidsville's team is achievers.
Oh and by the way I just heard tonight that the Horses and the Bulldogs play early in the fall non-conference schedule. I would not expect it to be any difference in achievement than any other WRH/CHS game.
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Clinton lift and run drills while DC workouts were shut down

Timy1038 your something else. Yes he does work hard. But Lowman has road the title wave of talent and has been the benefactor of a lot of hard work from the previous coach. East has one more year where they could win their conference but once play-offs start the days of 1st, 2nd and sometimes 3rd round cup cakes is over. BTW if he is such a great coach, what was his record before he came to ES. PAINT IT RED!!!
23-35 at Bandys......tough conference to win in though.

Yes, Clinton was able to have full workouts while the other Sampson County schools were not. Advantage of being a city system I guess. Duplin County was not allowed to work out nor were the Wayne County schools. Not saying it played a role in the seasons' results but it wasnt the same playing field. Different rules where Covid was concerned.

I can take or leave having Clinton on the WRH schedule next year. Its good to have a tough non-conference schedule but I think we might have over scheduled lately and yes, I know it was out of necessity. Dont know the remainder of the non-conference schedule yet.

I am looking forward to the new conference especially have Kinston included.

Still, most picked Clinton to win East before we knew Reidsville would be in East.
Me personally i still had NE as the favorite before Reidsville was put in the East. Despite all the freaking out some posters did after the 0-2 start. We got a tough draw with Eastern Randolph was a solid team no means a slouch we had our opportunities in that game leading late just failed to put it away. One and done is disappointing but like i said i wouldn't undermine everything they accomplished by saying the team underachieved but everyone has their opinions.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Clinton lift and run drills while DC workouts were shut down
That’s y’all’s problem isn’t it? But don’t worry that privileged school is not in your conference to worry about any longer

That’s y’all’s problem isn’t it? But don’t worry that privileged school is not in your conference to worry about any longer. I wished we never played in that conference again except to kick butt in the playoffs. Do you know what Clinton’s all-time record against ECZc teams in the playoffs? Pretty domineering . I don’t know what Clinton,s workouts were in covid. I can assure you it wasn’t business as usual. I don’t think covid prevented anyone anywhere from working out in their own but I suppose any excuse will do. It’s interesting that Clinton being a City school is considered one of privilege. No telling what kind of privilege they’ll be accused of next. Read the nightly news, you can come up with one that’s popular. Easter Randolph said they didn’t get to practice until about 2 weeks before the season and they missed some games. Didn’t effect them much.

I

Yes, Clinton was able to have full workouts while the other Sampson County schools were not. Advantage of being a city system I guess. Duplin County was not allowed to work out nor were the Wayne County schools. Not saying it played a role in the seasons' results but it wasnt the same playing field. Different rules where Covid was concerned.

I can take or leave having Clinton on the WRH schedule next year. Its good to have a tough non-conference schedule but I think we might have over scheduled lately and yes, I know it was out of necessity. Dont know the remainder of the non-conference schedule yet.

I am looking forward to the new conference especially have Kinston included.
You’re “ not saying it played in the seasons results” then exactly what are you saying?
sounds like sour grapes to me discrediting what a team has done..

That’s y’all’s problem isn’t it? But don’t worry that privileged school is not in your conference to worry about any longer
I'm actually with y'all on practicing. Think athletes should been able a practice everywhere. The most healthy paid the biggest price in county school sports. But,if you can't understand why that would put us behind then why did y'all practice. No sour 🍇 here. Just truth. I think the sour 🍇 started with your post.

Up until last year, I thought all schools followed the same schedule as far as off season conditioning, workouts, 7 on 7s, etc?? All schools had the same opportunities to schedule as each saw fit....correct?

Schools who were able to get their kids together even if it was only to just have the interaction and be able to put a set of eyes on each player had an advantage on those that did not. Clinton still had a city school system that followed a different set of rules than others, not only in their same conference, but even those in the same county. It did make a difference. The three Duplin schools all cover very wide districts and the majority of those kids are from less than ideal situations at home. Being in a structured program is huge to not only the teams success but individual success. No way anyone can convince me that those schools and others who were not allowed to practice or lift were not at a disadvantage this year. However, I am interested in what path Randolph county schools chose.

Congrats on your accomplishment of winning a third straight conference title. We tend to aim a little higher here. Feel free to compare the hardware Clinton and WRH has won over the past 15-20 years. Tradition might not graduate, but in some years it appears to have received a GED.

Up until last year, I thought all schools followed the same schedule as far as off season conditioning, workouts, 7 on 7s, etc?? All schools had the same opportunities to schedule as each saw fit....correct?

Schools who were able to get their kids together even if it was only to just have the interaction and be able to put a set of eyes on each player had an advantage on those that did not. Clinton still had a city school system that followed a different set of rules than others, not only in their same conference, but even those in the same county. It did make a difference. The three Duplin schools all cover very wide districts and the majority of those kids are from less than ideal situations at home. Being in a structured program is huge to not only the teams success but individual success. No way anyone can convince me that those schools and others who were not allowed to practice or lift were not at a disadvantage this year. However, I am interested in what path Randolph county schools chose.

Congrats on your accomplishment of winning a third straight conference title. We tend to aim a little higher here. Feel free to compare the hardware Clinton and WRH has won over the past 15-20 years. Tradition might not graduate, but in some years it appears to have received a GED.
I think it was different for each county or school district due to covid. Pender county allowed workouts as well. I don't blame Clinton one bit for having workouts if the city allowed it. It does give them a running start compared to those that could not work out. Not an excuse at all just facts.

Ill say this and I'm done with this conversation.... Every teams goal is a state championship that goes without saying but I don't think a coach during that last team meeting or at athletic banquet tells his team the season was a complete failure and how they under achieved cause they fell short of that ultimate goal. The positives outweigh the negatives by far. If you don't think we aim high or State Championships dont matter round here then you really don't know much about football in this area.....as far as the conference realignment goes idc about not being in the ECC anymore it has happened before it will probably happen again doesn't matter this fall you gotta play 10 games against somebody regardless. Done hijacking this thread y'all have at it

The thread was hijacked when a Clinton poster stated he wanted to draw an ECC team in the first round due to being voted off the island. Insinuation was made then.

Again, I don't blame Clinton for working out and having kids in the weightroom as soon as they could, but fact is the competition couldn't. That's just the way it is. Not an excuse but it was not the same playing field for all. Again, congrats on a successful season in however you wish to measure it.

I think we will be pretty decent this coming season. As I said, looking forward to the new conference and fall football again.

Ill say this and I'm done with this conversation.... Every teams goal is a state championship that goes without saying but I don't think a coach during that last team meeting or at athletic banquet tells his team the season was a complete failure and how they under achieved cause they fell short of that ultimate goal. The positives outweigh the negatives by far. If you don't think we aim high or State Championships dont matter round here then you really don't know much about football in this area.....as far as the conference realignment goes idc about not being in the ECC anymore it has happened before it will probably happen again doesn't matter this fall you gotta play 10 games against somebody regardless. Done hijacking this thread y'all have at it
Mercy 34, I haven't seen you that frank in awhile. Sounds like sour 🍇. Wiz did go there

I'm actually with y'all on practicing. Think athletes should been able a practice everywhere. The most healthy paid the biggest price in county school sports. But,if you can't understand why that would put us behind then why did y'all practice. No sour 🍇 here. Just truth. I think the sour 🍇 started with your post.
oh I see I'm sour for one DarkHors being called underachievers, so that started with me. I've put you on ignore status before and to illuminate further stress thats where you're going again.. We have nothing in common.

Reactions: Maiden Creek

Can't speak for all of Randolph but if I remember correctly the workouts were only allowed with limited number of participants to guarantee social distancing. Also ER was hit with quarantine after first official practice day which caused them to do nothing for at least 10 days I believe. Was a tough year to get any continuity whether in practice or games...
Sorry now going back to 1A board and checking on baseball stuff...

well your aim was way short; and for the last 3 years the Horses have owned ya, but you dont have to worry abou it; anymore your fellow conference members voted the Horses ourt of the conference so suck up to the NE crowd Otis and daagoob up at NE.and the Reidsville (your dogs will never get past them).Your guys voted the Horses out of the conference in favor of SWO (who has been no where near what the were 15 years ago). We'll enjoy following the DarkHorses wherever they go and not have anything in common with Duplin County.
Don't know and don't care what Duplin County did or did not do. That's your problem with your folks decision. We all faced the same obstacle, COVID. Hell private school like Harrals played last fall. South Carolina played in the fall. .
Any day I'd take the DarHorsr tradition of championships, D-1 to D-3 players and NFL alumni. Most of your championship accomplishments were when WRH was 1A. Clinton's neve been 1A, they were 3 A once, made a championship appearance in 3A once. Nine 2A appearance winning 5 (all 5 in Chapel Hill)
Funny, y'all 5-4 and talking about Horses' underachieving. Good luck in your little conference next year. We have nothing in common anymore so you go to the ignore pile as well.

DarkHorse34, well said. I think theres some frustrated folks in our neighboring county. I'm proud of our football team. I'm proud of our girls soccer team who lost in the eastern state championship game last night after 4 overtime periods they got beat by Carrboro in a shootout, but to some that might be underachieving. Go tell that to the #11 Croatan girls who the DarkHorses eliminated last week. Theres not going to be but 1 champion
I'm through with the conversation to in fact I'm through for the year. Been thinking about retiring after 16,416 posts bid I'll just think about it. 34, I'll keep in tabs trough messenger with ya.

LOL...best of luck to your team in their new league. At least you guys are still 2A. I would miss seeing you get riled up at the drop of a hat. Conspiracy theories, cameras at practice, posts on a message board, and trying to decide which Facebook account is "official".

I will try and survive while I am on your ignore list.

Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
Can't speak for all of Randolph but if I remember correctly the workouts were only allowed with limited number of participants to guarantee social distancing. Also ER was hit with quarantine after first official practice day which caused them to do nothing for at least 10 days I believe. Was a tough year to get any continuity whether in practice or games...
Sorry now going back to 1A board and checking on baseball stuff...
Appreciate the info and congrats on a good season.

you guys played middle school football?? if so, you're lucky...panic porn pushers outlawed ALL middle school sports in this area...............

Yes we played and the elementary schools just finished their championships this weekend.
Only difference is we didn’t play the four Lincoln County schools. They only played each other. It was just Burns, Crest, KM, Shelby, Chase, RS and East Rutherford. Usually Shelby and Crest are in the West with Rutherford County and Burns and KM are in the East with Lincoln County. And Upper Cleveland (Fallston, Casar and Washington Elementary combined) played with Union. They didn’t have enough to field a team. A lot of kids played AAU baseball and basketball instead and I think that hurt Union at least in some levels.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Damn you clinton heads cry over everything. Still no fans at practice???? Lol what a joke

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT