ADVERTISEMENT

2A 2A Boys Basketball Thread

Deana_King

Staff
May 31, 2001
Post anything about NCHSAA 2A Boys Basketball here!!

Top games, top players, top teams, and just general conversations about just 2A Boys!!

Lincoln Charter picked up a nice out-of-conference win last night vs. Franklin Prep National team. Of course, as expected, they were beaten by Moravian Prep by 30 plus and were beaten by Concord Academy by 5. Good showing so far except for MP game but they do that to everyone. Play North Lincoln next Tuesday, a team they beat by 40 plus in summer ball but who knows. Good luck to all

RS central has a really good team. They beat McDowell twice already and destroyed Asheville.

RS central has a really good team. They beat McDowell twice already and destroyed Asheville.
I watched a little of their game online vs. McDowell and wasn't impressed as others. They are good but not sure they are Top 5-10 in state good as early "analysts" have suggested. I'm not sure LCS is as good as they were advertised as well but it's early and I'm sure both teams will get better as the season progresses. Best of luck

Although they're 0-2 right now, I'm still keeping an eye on Seaforth. They have one of the best young players in the state in 6-10 Jarin Stevenson.

FINAL: R-S Central 88 Kings Mountain 65. This is right up there with Friday's win over A.C. Reynolds when it comes to R-S Central's best performance to date. Outscored the Mountaineers 32-14 in the fourth quarter.

Shelby gets the football players on team they be on a roll, should have very good team.

Saw RS Central tonight. Put 95 on the board vs Burns and starters sat the 4th. The FR center for them is going to be something.

Reactions: Hon Dines
Salsibury boys are 8-3 (3-0). Anyone know what this team will do in the 2A. Could they make a good run in the playoffs.

A lot of good looking second place teams. Farmville Central is the team to beat again.

A lot of good looking second place teams. Farmville Central is the team to beat again.
Would love to see them play. 2A basketball is really, really good this year. I've seen RS-Central and they are solid, Hendersonville and they are really good and well-coached, Lincoln Charter is a scary, good, athletic team that traps and presses from tip to finish, saw Robinson over the summer and they were solid and athletic, and Shelby is a little down but still Shelby. The West playoffs will be crazy this year as I can see upsets in the first 2 rounds. Whoever survives the West will be ready and tested for Farmville Central. I would love to see them play. Any film out there I can go to? The East is loaded as well, but I haven't seen any of those teams play.

Maiden boys is 16-6 ( 10-2). They have a PF 6’ 4” freshman. He’s really good from what I heard. I’m wanting to go watch them play sometime this season before it’s over with. I hear they have been rolling. They will be at Newton Conover on 2/11. Has anyone seen Maiden play this year.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Maiden boys is 16-6 ( 10-2). They have a PF 6’ 4” freshman. He’s really good from what I heard. I’m wanting to go watch them play sometime this season before it’s over with. I hear they have been rolling. They will be at Newton Conover on 2/11. Has anyone seen Maiden play t
I have seen them twice this year. They are a young, average team. If the Culliver kid was healthy he would add a lot. Not sure if he's back or coming back, but would help them out. The conference they are in has helped balloon their record. I don't see them being a threat in playoffs. But they are young so the future looks good , but they are a football school. Not sure how much they are putting into basketball in the off-season (summer, etc.). Good luck to them and all the teams.

Would love to see them play. 2A basketball is really, really good this year. I've seen RS-Central and they are solid, Hendersonville and they are really good and well-coached, Lincoln Charter is a scary, good, athletic team that traps and presses from tip to finish, saw Robinson over the summer and they were solid and athletic, and Shelby is a little down but still Shelby. The West playoffs will be crazy this year as I can see upsets in the first 2 rounds. Whoever survives the West will be ready and tested for Farmville Central. I would love to see them play. Any film out there I can go to? The East is loaded as well, but I haven't seen any of those teams play.
RS Central defeated Hendersonville 81-75 in overtime at RS last night. Only 2 losses for Bearcats are to RS.

I have seen them twice this year. They are a young, average team. If the Culliver kid was healthy he would add a lot. Not sure if he's back or coming back, but would help them out. The conference they are in has helped balloon their record. I don't see them being a threat in playoffs. But they are young so the future looks good , but they are a football school. Not sure how much they are putting into basketball in the off-season (summer, etc.). Good luck to them and all the teams.
Ok thanks for the info.

Good win for RS Central and probably will be the #1 seed in the West now. I bet that was a crazy environment with so much on the line.
Yes RS Central has wrapped up the #1 seed overall in the 2A West. Hendersonville has wrapped up the #11 seed too. There are 10 conference champions and Hendersonville will that that spot. That means they want play each other until the finals if both teams keep winning.

Keenan Wilkins, who averaged over 25 ppg for Hendersonville and was a 3 year starter will transfer to Christ School and reclassify as a junior.

The Greenies are getting a good one.
Good luck, Keenan!

Reactions: Hon Dines
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT