ADVERTISEMENT

2A Baseball Playoffs

Prelim Brackets are out. Does it bother anyone else that the East is on the left side of the bracket and the West is on the right side? Or is that just me?
I see some great games…1st and 2nd round. Have mercy!

Rutherford county teams jumping in the deep part of the pool…quick!…Burns too!…East Gaston and Shelby too!

That ace from Bandys ain’t no joke.

This ought to be good.😂😂😂

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
RS Central is going to have to beat a really good East Surry team to get to the third round, but we REALLY want to play East Rutherford again!!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I see some great games…1st and 2nd round. Have mercy!

Rutherford county teams jumping in the deep part of the pool…quick!…Burns too!…East Gaston and Shelby too!

That ace from Bandys ain’t no joke.

This ought to be good.😂😂😂
My son Trey and Bandy’s Junior pitcher, Cade, were best friends before we moved back to Rutherford County. The senior pitcher, Terrick, is going to Mars Hill to play ball next year. They are good now, but next year Bandys is going to be really really good… so is RS Central!!!

Morehead is a team to keep an eye on. They have a bunch of DUDES!! 3 high quality arms led by the best pitcher in the state in NANCE. Can hit the ball very well 1-6 and 7-8-9 hit the ball good as well. The closer they go out of the pen is SHUT DOWN!! Do not be surprised if they make a very deep run. They are scary and not a team I would want to play at this point in the season!!

Morehead is a team to keep an eye on. They have a bunch of DUDES!! 3 high quality arms led by the best pitcher in the state in NANCE. Can hit the ball very well 1-6 and 7-8-9 hit the ball good as well. The closer they go out of the pen is SHUT DOWN!! Do not be surprised if they make a very deep run. They are scary and not a team I would want to play at this point in the season!!
Are we talking about the same Morehead team that didn’t even win their weak conference?

Loving this!…that’s great stuff.

Burns survived tonight. Up 4-1 going to the 7th. A bleeder through the infield, 2 infield hits and a dropped third strike later and it West Wilkes went up 5-4. Burns scored 2 in the bottom half to win. Like I said, we can lose to anyone. Great game though. Thankfully we got it done.

Are we talking about the same Morehead team that didn’t even win their weak conference?
We’re talking about the conference that had 4 teams that made the playoffs? All top 20 seeds. 3 of those teams being ranked in the top 10 on maxpreps all year. Doesn’t sound too weak to me.

This sophomore pitcher why you say he is best in state? West henderson has sophomore throwing 89-92 already committed to nc state
#1 pitcher, #1 SS, #1 Player in the state in his class. 10th best SS, and 26th best player nationally. That’s why I say he’s the best player in the state.

East Gaston came from behind to beat Pine Lake Prep 12-11 in 8 innings. Scored 4 in the bottom of the 8th to walkoff. Pretty subpar performance from EG all around but was able to scratch out a win.

Side note; PLP may be the most egotistical and arrogant team I’ve ever seen step on a field in my lifetime. I said what I said.

Hey Maiden Creek we still playing over here in the east 😁 Had to throw that in with all you west boys

• Haha
Shame on me…but I just noticed that the #2 West Craven and #3 Camden lost in the first round over on the east side.

Looks like the door is standing wide open for #1 East Duplin from where I’m sitting….with the 4 and 5 seeds having very tough games today as well…just like over here in the west.

I also noticed that the 2nd and 3rd place teams from East Duplins’ conference are still in it…North Lenior and South Lenior.

South Leniors’ mascot is the blue devils… which I didn’t know…they are now my favorite to win the east.😂😂😂
Lookout! #4 Whiteville…the blue devils are coming to town!😜

Same goes for #6 West Stokes over in here the west….there’s some blue devils headed over their way as well….wouldn’t surprise me at all to see Brevard give them all they want.
I gotta pull for somebody.

Good luck y’all… play ball!

Reactions: oldway55
Yes they did!! The best SOPHOMORE pitcher in the state pitched another gem once again. Timely hits scored runs against a respectable pitcher. We’re in the second round where as 32 other teams are not.
Are you all ready tonight? Pull for you guys to keep winning until West Stokes

Interesting that the East Duplin/North Pitt game wasnt played tonight. Appears everyone else on the eastern side of the bracket played tonight in advance of the rainy forecast for tomorrow and Saturday.

I would keep an eye on the Whiteville Wolfpack out of the east. Rich baseball tradition and always one of the better teams in the 2A ranks. Will be a tough out for anyone. Picked up a win tonight and advanced to 3rd round and a date with St Pauls.

Our game was kept on for Friday… heard East Rutherford had “no pitching” for the game to be moved to today. A lot of questions behind that but we will be ready!!
They have two good pitchers so don’t know what effect that would have. We played them early I wasn’t impressed with there pitching but there defense and hitting was real good.

They better be East Rutherford hits it top to bottom . I’ll be at West Stokes today hope we can just keep it competitive. We’ve had a up and down year just depends on what team shows up
How was the game was hoping to make it but couldn't. Hopefully the rain showers stayed away

They have two good pitchers so don’t know what effect that would have. We played them early I wasn’t impressed with there pitching but there defense and hitting was real good.
Saw that both of their top arms threw Tuesday night in the 50s. Which means they couldn’t throw tonight but can tomorrow. Heard they can hit pretty well, but pitching overall isn’t incredible.

Saw that both of their top arms threw Tuesday night in the 50s. Which means they couldn’t throw tonight but can tomorrow. Heard they can hit pretty well, but pitching overall isn’t incredible.
Yep pretty spot on . Not sure why you would throw both your arms in a 10-1 game . I may come watch tomorrow if it rains out or time changes post it so ill know thanks

How was the game was hoping to make it but couldn't. Hopefully the rain showers stayed away
It rained for first inning. We loaded bases in first nobody out didn’t score can’t do that against a good team. Y’all played a clean game till sixth Misplayed a ground-ball that allowed us to score . We had three errors in third that led to five runs . Y’all ss hit a homerun to lead that inning off.

Interesting that the East Duplin/North Pitt game wasnt played tonight. Appears everyone else on the eastern side of the bracket played tonight in advance of the rainy forecast for tomorrow and Saturday.

I would keep an eye on the Whiteville Wolfpack out of the east. Rich baseball tradition and always one of the better teams in the 2A ranks. Will be a tough out for anyone. Picked up a win tonight and advanced to 3rd round and a date with St Pauls.
2a East

1. East Duplin vs 17. North Pitt?
8. Roanoke Rapids

12. St. Paul’s
4. Whiteville

30. Heide Trask…what?
6. South Granville

15. North Lenior
7. North Johnston

Tell us about that #30 seed…have mercy. 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: moreheadfan22
2a East

1. East Duplin vs 17. North Pitt?
8. Roanoke Rapids

12. St. Paul’s
4. Whiteville

30. Heide Trask…what?
6. South Granville

31. East Bladen…what?
7. North Johnston

Tell us about those #30 and #31 seeds…have mercy. 😂
#10 North Lenoir beat #31 East Bladen last night 10-6. They will play #7 North Johnston next week.

Trinity just beat us down last night. Good hitting team. Good luck to them the rest of the way. Burns had a really good year at 22-4. JVs had a solid year. Hopefully we'll be back at it next season.

Trinity just beat us down last night. Good hitting team. Good luck to them the rest of the way. Burns had a really good year at 22-4. JVs had a solid year. Hopefully we'll be back at it next season.
What impressed me about Trinity was their defense. They do have a good young coach that I really like as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT