ADVERTISEMENT

2A Baseball Playoffs

Our game was kept on for Friday… heard East Rutherford had “no pitching” for the game to be moved to today. A lot of questions behind that but we will be ready!!
Yea, every other game in the west was played last night. Top two pitchers are decent. Not special. They hit it well. Not Top to bottom like a couple have said. VERY Beatable!

Yea, every other game in the west was played last night. Top two pitchers are decent. Not special. They hit it well. Not Top to bottom like a couple have said. VERY Beatable!
Heard there have been some sly remarks coming from their side. We’re not gonna back down. We will be ready!!

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Great year for the Morehead Dudes!

Congrats East Rutherford.

…..hoping the DUDES hang around til fall….and jaw it up with those Reidsville boys on the football thread.

That’s good stuff.

Reactions: BlueDevil95
Great year for the Morehead Dudes!

Congrats East Rutherford.

…..hoping the DUDES hang around til fall….and jaw it up with those Reidsville boys on the football thread.

That’s good stuff.
We all in the same conference with Reidsville. Outside of football they are not good. West won conference in golf, tennis,baseball,girls softball, swimming, wrestling. Morehead and McMichael are good in most sports not football.

We all in the same conference with Reidsville. Outside of football they are not good. West won conference in golf, tennis,baseball,girls softball, swimming, wrestling. Morehead and McMichael are good in most sports not football.
Ok…I didn’t realize you were a West Stokes guy.
Now I know…..it’s hard to tell with blue devils …you all look the same. 😂

Preciate that. Yes the dudes fall last night but it’s only the beginning for a very young group. Losing some solid seniors this year but we will be back!! Very obnoxious ER bunch but a good win. The dudes had a season to be proud of!!
No shame in losing to a good team even if they are obnoxious which I taught they were when we played them. I looked at y’all roster seemed to have a lot of sophomore's y’all will be a tough out next couple of years.

2a East

1. East Duplin vs 17. North Pitt?
8. Roanoke Rapids

12. St. Paul’s
4. Whiteville

30. Heide Trask…what?
6. South Granville

15. North Lenior
7. North Johnston

Tell us about that #30 seed…have mercy. 😂
I'll try to say a few words about that #30 seed Trask....the South Granville team that I follow took a tough loss 9-3 to them in 3rd round....in the 1st Rd Trask beat #3-West Craven; think I heard they hit two HRs....in their 2nd Rd win over #19-Granville Central, I believe they led 8-0 in 2nd inning, highlighted by an inside the park grand slam, and led 8-1 going to 7th, before winning 8-4...very young team with only one senior and had a slow start early in the season and have just been growing in confidence and executing better and have now gotten hot at the right time; they lost both conference games to Whiteville about a month ago but both were very close games, but since then, they've finished by destroying Pender twice, in games they had to have to clinch a playoff berth, and they've got three road wins in postseason...in the game I saw at South Granville, they did not look good at the plate the first time through the batting order: 5 Ks, 2 groundouts, a fly ball, and a walk.....second time through, it looked like a different team, SG seemed to have it on cruise control headed to the 4th, leading 2-0 and pitcher throwing strikes, defense making plays.....and then......something like....leadoff walk, bunt with everybody safe on coverage mixup, base hit, base hit, base hit, bunt with everybody safe on throwing error....infield hit, walk, infield hit, walk (with bases loaded)....and next thing you know it was a 7-2 game with only one hard-hit ball (one of those hits was a double ripped down left field line), Trask just made the plays they had to make with some quality at-bats (all 8 of their hits were in the 4th or 5th inning--the innings where they scored 7 and 2 runs respectively), and made fewer mistakes (only one error), compared to SG's two officially scored errors, plus multiple other mental errors in that 7-run 4th inning....they caught routine fly balls, which their pitcher was very adept at inducing; righty with good off-speed, fast ball probably mid to high 70s who might occasionally reach back for something extra, but really good at keeping hitters off-balance with changing speeds....really tough to square it up and hit the ball hard when he's pitching....North Lenoir should see a different pitcher in 4th Rd though

Last edited:
  • Love
I'll try to say a few words about that #30 seed Trask....my South Granville guys took a tough loss 9-3 to them in 3rd round....in the 1st Rd Trask beat #3-West Craven; think I heard they hit two HRs....in their 2nd Rd win over #19-Granville Central, I believe they led 8-0 in 2nd inning, highlighted by an inside the park grand slam, and led 8-1 going to 7th, before winning 8-4...very young team with only one senior and had a slow start early in the season and have just been growing in confidence and executing better and have now gotten hot at the right time; they lost both conference games to Whiteville about a month ago but both were very close games, but since then, they've finished by destroying Pender twice, in games they had to have to clinch a playoff berth, and they've got three road wins in postseason...in the game I saw at South Granville, they did not look good at the plate the first time through the batting order: 5 Ks, 2 groundouts, a fly ball, and a walk.....second time through, it looked like a different team, SG seemed to have it on cruise control headed to the 4th, leading 2-0 and pitcher throwing strikes, defense making plays.....and then......something like....leadoff walk, bunt with everybody safe on coverage mixup, base hit, base hit, base hit, bunt with everybody safe on throwing error....infield hit, walk, infield hit, walk (with bases loaded)....and next thing you know it was a 7-2 game with only one hard-hit ball (one of those hits was a double ripped down left field line), Trask just made the plays they had to make with some quality at-bats (all 8 of their hits were in the 4th or 5th inning--the innings where they scored 7 and 2 runs respectively), and made fewer mistakes (only one error), compared to SG's two officially scored errors, plus multiple other mental errors in that 7-run 4th inning....they caught routine fly balls, which their pitcher was very adept at inducing; righty with good off-speed, fast ball probably mid to high 70s who might occasionally reach back for something extra, but really good at keeping hitters off-balance with changing speeds....really tough to square it up and hit the ball hard when he's pitching....North Lenoir should see a different pitcher in 4th Rd though
Good stuff! Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT