ADVERTISEMENT

seadog28

Oct 4, 2004
The Crest fans say Havelock is soft. They also say that the Rams are wanna be thugs that are trying to be rap stars. Just thought you'd want to know. Your friend, seadog.

The Crest fans say Havelock is soft. They also say that the Rams are wanna be thugs that are trying to be rap stars. Just thought you'd want to know. Your friend, seadog.
Not sure which one is more over rated this year - the rappers from Havelock
or the all stars from Cleveland.

Reactions: seadog28
Funny you should bring this up.As I was walking around the Mullet Festival in beautiful Swansboro this past weekend I spotted a Havelock tee shirt and asked the man how things were going this year.He said they were better than last and hoped to have a rematch with Crest.He also said most down there didn't thing Crest would be that good and were really surprised in last years outcome.

JBB hung a photo of Crest dismantling the Rams in the weight room or other common area. The caption is something like, "are you satisfied"? He did it in December 2014. I'm totally wrong about the caption, but whatever it was, was definitely in their face. JBB don't play?

Funny you should bring this up.As I was walking around the Mullet Festival in beautiful Swansboro this past weekend I spotted a Havelock tee shirt and asked the man how things were going this year.He said they were better than last and hoped to have a rematch with Crest.He also said most down there didn't thing Crest would be that good and were really surprised in last years outcome.

I lived there and know what you are talking about. Trust me, they know who Crest is now!

Crest not good? See this is that thing that I'm always talking about. 7 or 8 years ago, the only people who cared about Havelock football was the parents. They were like Chase in 2007, maybe worse, they had one state championship I think? back in the 80's or something. Then they beat Concord twice and a depleted West Rowan team and think they were the best thing in 3A or 3AA since sliced bread...I honestly believe 2011 and 2012 Northern Guilford would have dominated Havelock, or at the least it would be 1-1...Crest not good? HA! people knew and still know who we are! Havelock is like a fart in the wind who will be forgotten as a one hit wonder that had a short moment of greatness. Kinda like they had in the 80's.

P.S. Shelby beat Havelock, and Crest beat Havelock...those two schools are about 5 miles apart...

Last edited:
There is nothing much to talk about at South Point so seadog has stooped to an all time pathetic low. He wants to stay valid on preps so he resorts to attacking Cleveland County...well really just Crest and Shelby....and trying to stir up trouble....I guess because we waxed SP. You almost want to feel sorry for him.

Havelock is like a fart in the wind who will be forgotten as a one hit wonder that had a short moment of greatness.

Sounds like the teams up on the Big Boy football board. They tout that their program is the best and say anything under 4A football well, just sucks and that no one under 4A can hang with 4A. Shelby and Crest year in and year out dominate 4A teams. Crest has been relevant since 1994...maybe even a little before that....Shelby has been relevant since 1910. Lets take a look at 4A supposed "dynasties"...let's not forget that the definition of a dynasty is a group that maintains power over several GENERATIONS...not just a decade.

80s - West Charlotte
90s - Richmond County
00s - Independence
10s - Butler/Mallard Creek.

So who is the dynasty in 4A football? They're all flavors of the month then gone. Where is the big mighty Independence now? How about Richmond County? West Charlotte is terrible....Butler just lost to 3-5 East Meck.

Crest - 90s, 00s, 10s
Shelby - 40s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s

Shelby and Crest will still be here dominating 100 years from now. We can only play in our classification State Championships, but despite having anywhere from 1/4 - 1/2 the students as the 'big boy' football teams we will continue to dominate on the football field...no matter who lines up across the ball from us.

Sounds like the teams up on the Big Boy football board. They tout that their program is the best and say anything under 4A football well, just sucks and that no one under 4A can hang with 4A. Shelby and Crest year in and year out dominate 4A teams. Crest has been relevant since 1994...maybe even a little before that....Shelby has been relevant since 1910. Lets take a look at 4A supposed "dynasties"...let's not forget that the definition of a dynasty is a group that maintains power over several GENERATIONS...not just a decade.

80s - West Charlotte
90s - Richmond County
00s - Independence
10s - Butler/Mallard Creek.

So who is the dynasty in 4A football? They're all flavors of the month then gone. Where is the big mighty Independence now? How about Richmond County? West Charlotte is terrible....Butler just lost to 3-5 East Meck.

Crest - 90s, 00s, 10s
Shelby - 40s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, 10s

Shelby and Crest will still be here dominating 100 years from now. We can only play in our classification State Championships, but despite having anywhere from 1/4 - 1/2 the students as the 'big boy' football teams we will continue to dominate on the football field...no matter who lines up across the ball from us.

This thread was on a roll entertainment wise until this post. It's like a fly landed on a warm honeybun.

The year in and year out comment about dominating 4A teams was funny. There has been no 4A(much less 4A playoff team) team east of the mountains that either team has dominated in the last decade + some, year in and year out.

Last edited:
Whether or not the Rams exact their revenge, they are on a mission. Just not sure they have the studs to do it, with or without Joyner.

There is nothing much to talk about at South Point so seadog has stooped to an all time pathetic low. He wants to stay valid on preps so he resorts to attacking Cleveland County...well really just Crest and Shelby....and trying to stir up trouble....I guess because we waxed SP. You almost want to feel sorry for him.

Damn, you figured me out! I live to stay valid on NCPreps! Thanks for setting me straight 98. Shelby is the greatest football team on the face of the earth! Just don't drop the soap in the locker room shower!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT