ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball 2023 High School Baseball Thread

East Rutherford and R. S. Central are both undefeated so far on the season. If most of the players from these two teams play legion baseball the Rutherford County legion team should be good again this year. They lost out in the Area IV semi-finals last season in a seven game series to Queen City who advanced to the state tournament and finished runner up.

Ain’t nothing like early season…I’m still cold from last night….the wind was relentless.

Yep…went over to Maiden and watched my 1st game this season. Happy to say that both Maiden girls and boys won nail biters over West Lincoln.

The girls pulled it out in the bottom of the 7th when a dropped pop-up resulted in a runner scoring from 3rd to win 6-5. Im pretty sure the wind had a little something to do with that dropped ball…it fluttered around like a dead duck falling outta the sky. 😂

The Maiden boys led 3-1 after 1 and then added an insurance run in the 6th to take a 4-1 lead heading into the 7th. West Lincoln rallied for 2 runs but the blue devils held on for a 4-3 win. That was their 1st win after 3 straight one-run losses to open the season.

I’ll say this too…even with the chilly weather…there was a great crowd at both games….all bundled up in blankets. Almost felt like football season. 😂

Way to go! Blue Devils.

Ain’t nothing like early season…I’m still cold from last night….the wind was relentless.

Yep…went over to Maiden and watched my 1st game this season. Happy to say that both Maiden girls and boys won nail biters over West Lincoln.

The girls pulled it out in the bottom of the 7th when a dropped pop-up resulted in a runner scoring from 3rd to win 6-5. Im pretty sure the wind had a little something to do with that dropped ball…it fluttered around like a dead duck falling outta the sky. 😂

The Maiden boys led 3-1 after 1 and then added an insurance run in the 6th to take a 4-1 lead heading into the 7th. West Lincoln rallied for 2 runs but the blue devils held on for a 4-3 win. That was their 1st win after 3 straight one-run losses to open the season.

I’ll say this too…even with the chilly weather…there was a great crowd at both games….all bundled up in blankets. Almost felt like football season. 😂

Way to go! Blue Devils.
Same way it was last season when I went and watched my 1st HS baseball game with Concord n South Rowan. My thoughts was this feels like football season.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Burns is off to a great start. Beat a good East Surry team 14-4 and beat South Point twice. Looks to be another good year for the Bulldogs. I don't think we have that stud on the mound come playoff time though. That could end up hurting us.

Burns is off to a great start. Beat a good East Surry team 14-4 and beat South Point twice. Looks to be another good year for the Bulldogs. I don't think we have that stud on the mound come playoff time though. That could end up hurting us.
A lot of good players at Burns and a lot of good players on your undefeated JV team as well. So the future looks bright for you guys. Looks like the pitchers haven't given up a lot of runs this season. Can't find many stats on Burns. I plan on checking them out when they play Cherryville later this month.

Presently South Rowan (1-3) is at Piedmont (3-1) non conference game.

3/14 2-2 West Rowan is at 4-0 NW Cabarrus in a conference game. NW Cabarrus is smoking it this year.

3/14 3-2 East Rowan at 3-1 Lake Norman Charter. Should be a good one.

A lot of good players at Burns and a lot of good players on your undefeated JV team as well. So the future looks bright for you guys. Looks like the pitchers haven't given up a lot of runs this season. Can't find many stats on Burns. I plan on checking them out when they play Cherryville later this month.
Exciting times for sure. I wish they supplied MaxPreps with the stats too because I'm curious. By no means am I degrading our pitchers because they are doing a whale of a job so far. I was just saying if we are fortunate enough to make a deep run and face a D1 stud, I don't think we can match it.

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
South Rowan lost to Piedmont 5-4. South Rowan goes 1-4 but 3 of their losses were by 1 point. Up next South Rowan will head to Central Cabarrus this evening at 7pm on 3/14.

East Rutherford and R. S. Central are both undefeated so far on the season. If most of the players from these two teams play legion baseball the Rutherford County legion team should be good again this year. They lost out in the Area IV semi-finals last season in a seven game series to Queen City who advanced to the state tournament and finished runner up.
Chase is pretty good also, and they have 9 seniors on their team!

West Rowan gives NW Cabarrus their 1st loss 9-5.
South Rowan just can’t seem to get over the hump with another 1 point loss to Central Cabarrus. CC wins 6-5.
Also with South Rowan losing to Piedmont last night the score was 0-0 going into the end of the 8 inning. SR scored 4 at the top of the 9th and Piedmont would score 5 at the bottom of the 9th to win by 1.

West Rowan gives NW Cabarrus their 1st loss 9-5.
South Rowan just can’t seem to get over the hump with another 1 point loss to Central Cabarrus. CC wins 6-5.
Also with South Rowan losing to Piedmont last night the score was 0-0 going into the end of the 8 inning. SR scored 4 at the top of the 9th and Piedmont would score 5 at the bottom of the 9th to win by 1.

1 "run" loss. Not point. Sorry, I'm normally not that guy but that's a pet peeve of mine.

Burns took care of business last night against Hibriten to move to 7-0. Burns hosts Crest tonight in what is sure to be a good game. Crest is unexpectedly 2-3 early in the year. But 2 of their 3 losses are against TC Roberson and East Rutherford. Two traditional powerhouses. The other loss was to Chase who seems to be having a good year early on.

Prep Baseball Report released their first set of regional rankings yesterday. NC has (9) of the top (25) teams in the Atlantic Coast region.

4. East Forsyth
8. Wake Forest
12. DH Conley
14. Middle Creek
16. Charlotte Christian
18. Randleman
19. Pinecrest
20. TC Roberson
24. New Hanover

This past Wednesday’s night action East Rowan defeated Marvin Ridge 13-3
Last night’s action South Rowan would get a big win over Central Cabarrus 10-0.
Also West Rowan would win over NW Cabarrus 6-3.
Last night Hickory won over North Lincoln 2-1. Hickory goes 7-0 and will be a team to keep an eye on.

CVAC standings just past the quarter pole.

Bunker Hill 3-1
East Burke 3-1
Maiden 3-1
Bandys 2-2
Newton Conover 2-2
West Lincoln 2-2
Lincolnton 1-3
West Caldwell 0-4

CVAC softball standings

Maiden 4-0
Bandys 3-1
West Caldwell 3-1
East Burke 2-2
Lincolnton 2-2
West Lincoln 2-2
Bunker Hill 0-4
Newton Conover 0-4

Lady Boom Devils!😂

does burns have any D1 commits or are they all just solid baseball players?
I don't know the kids name and havent seen him this year but last years CF, lefty bat, was legit.
That legit kid is our starting QB as well. He is an all around athlete for sure. I don't know about the college status for this team right now. But I can find out. I think it's just several solid baseball players.

That legit kid is our starting QB as well. He is an all around athlete for sure. I don't know about the college status for this team right now. But I can find out. I think it's just several solid baseball players.
I havent seen him enough to determine if he's D1 talent but I've played/coached enough baseball to know in the little I've seen of him to know he plays at the next level if he wants to.

Here is SPC 3A standings

East Rowan 6-0 (2-0)
West Rowan 4-2 (2-0)
Carson 4-3 ( 2-0)
Central Cabarrus 2-2 ( 1-1)
South Rowan 2-5 (1-1)
Lake Norman Charter 3-3 (0-2)
NW Cabarrus 4-3 (0-2)
Concord 2-5 (0-2)

Northwest is 6-2….currently going through the easier part of our conference schedule….have to play southeast and southwest guilford later so definitely should be more challenging….top of our lineup can swing it as good as I have ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT