South
1. Rowan County
2. Kannapolis
3. Davidson County
4. Mocksville-Davie

Last edited:
Reactions: Vik-Val 86
July 9th
#1 High Point vs #4 Mocksville-Davie(12:30pm)
#2 Randolph vs #3 Davidson(7pm)
#1 Rowan (Foothills opted out)
#2 Kannapolis vs #3 Chatham(7pm)

1st round is 2 out of 3
Semifinals are 3 out of 5
Championship is 1 game

Last edited:
July 9th Chatham County at Kannapolis
July 10th Kannapolis at Chatham County
July 11th(if necessary) Chatham County at Kannapolis

July 9th Mocksville-Davie/Concord at High Point
July 10th High Point at Mocksville-Davie/Concord
July 11th (if necessary)Mocksville-Davie/Concord at High Point

July 9th Davidson at Randolph
July 10th Randolph at Davidson
July 11th(if necessary)Davidson at Randolph

July 9th Foothills at Rowan
July 10th Rowan at Foothills
July 11th(if necessary)Foothills at Rowan

I seen where Foothills forfeited to Rowan. Hon Dines do you know why they forfeited. Also I believe Rowan will play Concord today at 5 I believe.

Caught the Post 45-Davidson game. It was close (3-1) until the fifth inning. Then, Braylen Hayes came up and smashed a two-run homer over the left field fence. Next inning came up and Tanner Marsh crushed a line-drive over left field for another two-run shot. I've never seen a ball leave the field of play that quickly. That ball acted like it was late for an appointment in Randleman.

Davidson didn't play too bad of a game. I believe they actually out-hit Post 45. However, the margin of error is really slim when going up against Randolph County.

The renovations at McCrary are still in progress. That place looks almost unrecognizable from two years ago. I love the covered bleachers down the third base line. No one has to roast now unless they necessarily want to.

The new bathrooms are a huge upgrade. You know you're getting old when you look forward to what the new restrooms look like.............

7/10

High Point 5 Mocksville-Davie 3 wins series
Kannapolis 13 Chatham County 3 wins series
Davidson 1 Randolph 6 wins series
Rowan wins by forfeit

Last edited:

winner of each series makes 2023 NCAL State Tournament

starts Thursday July 13th

Kannapolis #2 vs High Point #1 7 pm
Randolph #2 vs Rowan #1 7 pm

Last edited:
I wish Rowan could have one of the other teams next. But this next series will be huge for Rowan vs Randolph

Should be a huge series, would like to make a game. Randolph back playing at McCrary?
They will play at Newman Park on July 13. Unfortunately I will have to work or I would go to this game. But hopefully Rowan pull the series out. My understanding is the winner in semifinal qualifies for State tournament.

July 13th High Point at Kannaolpis 7 pm
July 14th Kannapolis at High Point 8 pm
July 15th Kannapolis at High Point 5 pm
July 16th High Point at Kannapolis 7 pm
July 17th Kannapolis at High Point 6 pm

July 13th Randolph at Rowan 7 pm
July 14th Rowan at Randolph 7 pm
July 15th Randolph at Rowan 7 pm
July 16th Rowan at Randolph TBA
July 17th Randolph at Rowan 7 pm

Ok I did read where McCary will be ready for game 2 between Rowan n Randolph. I didn’t even know it had under renovation. I just haven’t kept up much on Legion ball other than what’s going on with Rowan. I will say. This series is going to be some good games to watch. But I have to pull for Rowan. Best of luck. It’s fixing to get real.

They’re still hoping to finish game at Newman Park. Lightning, rain, etc. Rowan leads Randolph 6-1 after 5.

Game 2 will follow the completion of Game 1 at Randolph tomorrow. Scheduled for 7 pm.

start time 5 pm

Last edited:
Post 45 exploded (and I mean exploded) for 10 runs in the bottom of the sixth. Hunter Atkins blasted two home runs. First was over deep center. Second was over right-center for a walk-off grand slam.

Drake Purvis had an awesome performance on the mound. He might have thrown a no-no. That guy's so fun to watch. Definitely marches to the beat of a different drummer.

Big night for Randolph. Series tied 1-1. It’s going to be tough for Rowan in this series. I hope to make it tomorrow night at Newman Park for game 3.

Reactions: Chute Boxe Hero
Wow. I missed a good game. I was unable to make it due to other things going on. Sounds like this series is in a battle Royal. Way to go Rowan!

Reactions: Hon Dines
Wow. Rowan was leading 2-1 at one point. Its that one inning that gets them. Going to be a showdown tomorrow night. I wish I could be there tomorrow but want be able to make it. I know there most likely be a lot of fans there.

Big game day for Rowan and Randolph Co. I wish I could make it to this one. Game series tied 2-2. Back n forth “punches” so to speak. This could turn out to be a thriller. Let’s do it Rowan. Pulling for you guys. Best of luck.

Final
Rowan County 5
Randolph County 0

Hayden Simmerson pitched great. He struck out 11 gave up 2 hits in 5 and 2/3 inings

Rowan County qualifies for the 2023 NCAL Baseball Championships with the win.

Rowan County will play High Point Thursday for seeding purposes.

Way to go Rowan. And that’s what I’m talking about. Good win. The way Rowan has played this season they deserve to go to play in State tournament. What a series it’s been. Congratulations to Rowan!

I wish they would go back to switching up hosts at the regionals each year.
They should. I understood the national legion folks original intent was award 2-yr contracts switching it every two years. However, it certainly hasn't turned out that way. This is the 10th consecutive year Asheboro has hosted a regional and were recently given another 2-year contract to host it in 2024 and 2025 despite an attractive bid from Cherryville to try to get the 2024-2025 contract. Politics.

The Randolph County program was none to happy that Cherryville put in a bid. I guess they feel like they are entitled. It certainly is an unfair advantage for Randolph County to be in the Regional every year with a shot to get to the World Series.

Reactions: Hon Dines
They should. I understood the national legion folks original intent was award 2-yr contracts switching it every two years. However, it certainly hasn't turned out that way. This is the 10th consecutive year Asheboro has hosted a regional and were recently given another 2-year contract to host it in 2024 and 2025 despite an attractive bid from Cherryville to try to get the 2024-2025 contract. Politics.

The Randolph County program was none to happy that Cherryville put in a bid. I guess they feel like they are entitled. It certainly is an unfair advantage for Randolph County to be in the Regional every year with a shot to get to the World Series.
100% correct. There are numerous locations that could put on a regional tournament just as good as Randolph. Someone is getting some under the table money for keeping it there this whole time.

Wow, just shows you what assuming will do, I just assumed no one else really wanted it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT