9. Marvin Ridge
10. Hillside
11. Cleveland
12. Leesville Road
13. Charlotte Catholic
14. Mallard Creek
15. Rolesville

Reactions: UNC91
I like the rankings my raiders will be young this year I believe gibbons and chambers are where they belong new bern and east Forsyth will be tough.

I like the rankings my raiders will be young this year I believe gibbons and chambers are where they belong new bern and east Forsyth will be tough.
Really excited about the Bears this year. Everyone returns from last year and I really like what I’ve seen thus far in the Spring/Summer. This will be the best squad they’ve fielded since the 2014 State Title team.

With all the Post season action going on, its hard to say how the 4A rankings will fall. I'm going with Chambers or Hough out the west this year... but I believe they will carry an extra L or 2 this season.

Reactions: Raiders 4 real
Talking to a few coaches in the Triad and they're really high on this East Forsyth team. Possible State Championship preview week 2 at Rolesville? I will see them live when NW Guilford makes the trip to EF in Week 1.

• Haha
Here is the Calpreps Pre-Season 4A Top 15 Rankings

1. Chambers
2. Hough
3. East Forsyth
4. Cardinal Gibbons
5. New Bern
6. Millbrook
7. Weddington
8. Heritage
9. Marvin Ridge
10. Hillside
11. Cleveland
12. Leesville Road
13. Charlotte Catholic
14. Mallard Creek
15. Rolesville
No Mooresville? Fake news 😂

Saw EF close up in 7v7 yesterday. WRs will be a load to handle! QB can sling it! Defensively they have length and speed on the back end.

I agree with you wheres Pinecrest! Richmond fans acknowledge that they are down this year. Really young. Pinecrest and The Scots will battle it out for the Conference Championship
You just answered my question I left you on the 3A rankings post. Looking forward to seeing the Scots this year.

I agree with you wheres Pinecrest! Richmond fans acknowledge that they are down this year. Really young. Pinecrest and The Scots will battle it out for the Conference Championship
Hold on now my raiders are young but don't count them out we got some talent pinecrest and the scots will be good but come on now that conference championship is coming thru richmond county dem raiders.

I think Reagan has to be in here somewhere and Glenn behind them. I would make Reagan 10-15 and Glenn somewhere 20-25

Reactions: Veejay4
Hold on now my raiders are young but don't count them out we got some talent pinecrest and the scots will be good but come on now that conference championship is coming thru richmond county dem raiders.
The conference championship this year runs thru Southern Pines the Raiders and Scots have to come get some...

I believe New Bern is rank a little low being that we are bringing back 18 starters but what do I know 🤣🤣🤣
Plus the two transfers, albeit one of those was originally from here and moving back. One has incredible speed and the other is 6’4 and can play multiple positions. The staff now consists of 3 coaches that have head coaching experience. If the QB can hang onto the ball better this year, should be a really fun year.

I am hearing that Rolesville is loaded. I know there’s a change at HC but if they keep things rolling on offense and tighten up the defense they have the talent to win the East.

Reactions: Warhead1 and UNC91
Rolesville will be tested early. Looking at this top 15 Pinecrest has something to prove, Rolesville better knock the chip of the Patriots shoulder fast. Then EF rolls into town the next week...

As a raider fan I hope the the top 10 is right!!! But I just don’t see it. Pc are Scotland will get conference champions. But it’s still early. Them Raiders and the coaches will have to prove themselves this year

Teams to beat

Greensboro- Grimsley
Winston Salem- East Forsyth, Reagan
Charlotte- Chambers, Hough, MC
Raleigh- Gibbons, Rolesville
Coast - New Bern,
Southern- Richmond,

I may have missed a team or two

• Haha
Reactions: LC3III and UNC91
Teams to beat

Greensboro- Grimsley
Winston Salem- East Forsyth, Reagan
Charlotte- Chambers, Hough, MC
Raleigh- Gibbons, Rolesville
Coast - New Bern,
Southern- Richmond,

I may have missed a team or two
Same teams...year in and year out. For me, at least, it takes away some of the interest.

• Haha
I am hearing that Rolesville is loaded. I know there’s a change at HC but if they keep things rolling on offense and tighten up the defense they have the talent to win the East.
Pinecrest hosts Rolesville on August 19. Rolesville defeated Pinecrest in the first round of the playoffs last season.

It was better when page was the team to beat. What exactly happened?
After Coach Gillespie resigned in late June going into the 2016-17 season, Page had to scramble to hire a new coach and ended up with Rolfes. He did okay his first year, going toe to toe with then power Mallard Creek in a 9-5 rock fight 2nd round 4AA west. That year Page had a sophomore QB who looked promising, but the coaching staff never really developed him, the team was increasingly undisciplined and you could tell the quality of football play was declining. Page still had a ton of talent, it was the coaching that wasn't. Then our long time AD retired and when the new one came in it was time for a fresh start. And now Coach Robertson is in his 3rd year and things are back on the up and up back to where we should be.

Last edited:
Reactions: UNC91 and New3ra
After Coach Gillespie resigned in late June going into the 2016-17 season, Page had to scramble to hire a new coach and ended up with Rolfes. He did okay his first year, going toe to toe with then power Mallard Creek in a 9-5 rock fight 2nd round 4AA west. That year Page had a sophomore QB who looked promising, but the coaching staff never really developed him, the team was increasingly undisciplined and you could tell the quality of football play was declining. Page still had a ton of talent, it was the coaching that wasn't. Then our long time AD retired and when the new one came in it was time for a fresh start. And now Coach Robertson is in his 3rd year and things are back on the up and up back to where we should be.
Believe it or not Coach Rolfes did pretty good at Page!

2017 - 11-2 (Conference Champs)
2018 6-6 (Conference Champs)
2019 3-9 (Only Bad Season)

So after two conference titles in 3 years you fire the guy?
If I'm not mistaken Nobody in the Conference won as many games in that time and they still fired him. Then by doing so the administration basically gave all their players and AD to Grimsley and put their main rival 10 years ahead of them.

• Haha
Reactions: cimsies and UNC91
Only reason Rolfes did decent his first year was because he was working with what Gillespie already made. The downfall of Rolfes was not being able to sustain what was already put in place, he let it deteriorate. Page winning conference championships at that point was a given.. Rolfes success was never to be determined from that. His lack of leadership, discipline, and his staffs inability to develop players was his undoing. Luckily he is young and hopefully learned from it.

Then by doing so the administration basically gave all their players and AD to Grimsley and put their main rival 10 years ahead of them.
If we would have kept Rolfes, things would have been getting progressively worse and worse with no rebound in sight. Firing him and moving on was the right move by the administration. Grimsley's current AD was just a volunteer assistant coach at Page (not the AD) before he left to be the AD at Grimsley. Also, idk about 10 years.... we will see how much more the gap is closed this year.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT