ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Foothills/NW/Mid State JV Thread

North Surry 26, Surry Central 0

WAY better performance than last week for us across the board. New JV QB for us played really well and defense was lights out. Closest they got to scoring was 40 yards out. Central played us super hard though, their defense is honestly quite stubborn. Glad their QB got up; they started a kid with little prep and we thudded him quite hard. One of the hardest hits i"ve seen all year. He got up but they lost steam after that. Once we got over the opening jitters we put it away.

We've earned at least a share of the Foothills title with this win.

One game left. I'm gonna miss these Thursdays; they've been so fun this year.

North Surry 26, Surry Central 0

WAY better performance than last week for us across the board. New JV QB for us played really well and defense was lights out. Closest they got to scoring was 40 yards out. Central played us super hard though, their defense is honestly quite stubborn. Glad their QB got up; they started a kid with little prep and we thudded him quite hard. One of the hardest hits i"ve seen all year. He got up but they lost steam after that. Once we got over the opening jitters we put it away.

We've earned at least a share of the Foothills title with this win.

One game left. I'm gonna miss these Thursdays; they've been so fun this year.
What happened to the old JV quarterback?

EAst Surry will struggle after this year! I look for Lowman to leave jmo!
What's that got to do with it. Or with this. They'll still probably win that conference. Let's just be honest. That's a dog crap conference. Maybe forbush also have decent coaching. But that's about it. How you get rid of your starting quarterback. Who's not been the problem. Who was playing with a broken shoulder and a strained elbow I believe. And bring your JV quarterback up. It's hitting college the pros You're not just sitting your starter for the rest of the year. I'm speaking about North Surry here. So I guess starmount will have a good quarterback next year. North can't get out of their own way.

What's that got to do with it. Or with this. They'll still probably win that conference. Let's just be honest. That's a dog crap conference. Maybe forbush also have decent coaching. But that's about it. How you get rid of your starting quarterback. Who's not been the problem. Who was playing with a broken shoulder and a strained elbow I believe. And bring your JV quarterback up. It's hitting college the pros You're not just sitting your starter for the rest of the year. I'm speaking about North Surry here. So I guess starmount will have a good quarterback next year. North can't get out of their own way.
Was referring to the ES JV score not your post.

Broken shoulder and strained elbow? You wouldn't embellish just a little bit would you? When is it not OK to pull one sophomore QB for the other one if you think he gives your team a better chance that week? What's wrong with a little competition vs. a culture of entitlement? Maybe competing for a job will bring out the best in you and make your football team better. Since when is a sophomore entitled to top play QB without accountability while in high school. I'm not speaking poorly of the young man just your mindset that the staff at NS did something wrong by playing the best guy. Sounds like to me they have a head coach willing to make tough decisions in the best interest of his football program. What happens if there is a QB competition at Starmount and the kid doesn't win the job? What happens then?

Looks like the Rams will be getting some of their guys back for next season from Reagan.

West Stokes 7, North Forsyth 0

Wildcats win a share of the JV Mid State with this win. They are a game ahead of everyone else since I don't guess they play Galax next week, its out of conference so it wouldn't effect anything. Reidsville will have another share, Walkertown maybe if they don't make up that Reidsville game. What an odd conference.

WAY closer than I expected; guess NF moved their JV kids back down. They sure couldn't do anything last week. Either that or West moved some people up. Who really knows with this conference.

Forbush 34, North Wilkes 0

The Bush finally rebounds with a win. Got a good one potentially with WC next week for 3rd place.

Broken shoulder and strained elbow? You wouldn't embellish just a little bit would you? When is it not OK to pull one sophomore QB for the other one if you think he gives your team a better chance that week? What's wrong with a little competition vs. a culture of entitlement? Maybe competing for a job will bring out the best in you and make your football team better. Since when is a sophomore entitled to top play QB without accountability while in high school. I'm not speaking poorly of the young man just your mindset that the staff at NS did something wrong by playing the best guy. Sounds like to me they have a head coach willing to make tough decisions in the best interest of his football program. What happens if there is a QB competition at Starmount and the kid doesn't win the job? What happens then?
So maybe because we seen him play and he's better than the other kid. Look at your results from Friday night. If you're a North fan. There's your problem. So why you guys will be sitting in the basement every year. Start now playing well at the beginning of the season. Get beat down. Keep staying down.

So maybe because we seen him play and he's better than the other kid. Look at your results from Friday night. If you're a North fan. There's your problem. So why you guys will be sitting in the basement every year. Start now playing well at the beginning of the season. Get beat down. Keep staying down.
You're a Pilot guy right? So how many times have you seen NS play? If he's better than the other kid what do you base your opinion on? How many times have you seen the other kid play? How many NS practices have you watched to back up your opinion on who should play QB since you're a "Pilot" guy? By the way the "other" QB absolutely carved SC up tonight.

You're a Pilot guy right? So how many times have you seen NS play? If he's better than the other kid what do you base your opinion on? How many times have you seen the other kid play? How many NS practices have you watched to back up your opinion on who should play QB since you're a "Pilot" guy? By the way the "other" QB absolutely carved SC up tonight.
You got it man.

They're sophomores from Reagan. All 4 played Varsity for Reagan. The Mt Airy/Starmount varsity match up would've been a different game if they were there. The QB for Forbush was supposed to be on the Rams as well.

• Haha
Reactions: buzzcoach
I don't know about that. The middle school team has whooped everyone including Mt Airy by a substantial margin and the majority of those players will be at the high school next year.

Reactions: kingbluedevil
I don't know about that. The middle school team has whooped everyone including Mt Airy by a substantial margin and the majority of those players will be at the high school next year.
All right dude you obviously don't know what you're talking about. I don't think the 8th grade class at Mount airy is that good but they got some decent players. They're seventh graders a lot of them play recreation ball I believe. Plus that whole freshman class 28 of them at Mount airy 20 of them are dogs. You can bring those boys from Reagan who transferred to Reagan. Who started his JV's by the way. Put them on Star mountain's team. Will still beat them. So we'll Mount airy. It ain't going to matter.

You better change the culture over there. It ain't about talent. It's about strength physicality. You don't have any. And you still won't. If they were good enough they'd be playing at Reagan. Think they just be the very good Mount taper team this year didn't they

You make some good points. However I'm having trouble understanding you and it's difficult to translate.

How do I not know what I'm talking about? The poster above implied that Mt Airy would be nearly impossible to beat the next few years. I stated that I wouldn't be so sure about that since the middle school team would be included "in those next few years". Since Mt Airy got beat badly you stated that they aren't very good. Have you ever considered that just maybe it's because the team that they were playing was just really really good?

I know that Mt Airy has some good freshmen. I never said that Starmount would beat them either. I do believe it would be very interesting.

You better change the culture over there. It ain't about talent. It's about strength physicality. You don't have any. And you still won't. If they were good enough they'd be playing at Reagan. Think they just be the very good Mount taper team this year didn't they
I agree with you. The talent and athletes are still at Starmount or supposed to be there. It is the culture now unfortunately and also many very good athletes aren't interested in football.

If they were any good they would be playing at Reagan? You don't know what you're talking about. All 4 started on Varsity as Sophomores. 2 are injured right now. The positions that they play are a HUGE reason why I believe that if they were on the Rams Varsity team this year it would have been a different game.(not saying that the Rams would win). 2 excellent offensive linemen, a stud running back/receiver, excellent athlete QB, Receiver, Punter(one of the top in the state). 4 players like that at those positions makes a WORLD of difference on any team and how much more on a small 1A school? 🤷🏻‍♂️

MA returns everybody next year will be Senior heavy. JV was 8-0 I including 25-0 win over stm

Reactions: NCBBFB
I'm glad MA is back in a Conference with Starmount. This rivalry dates way back to the Hollingsworth-Holt years. Always a tough game with very few exceptions. Having stronger competition will only make both teams better. Putting next year "on hold". Hopefully, lots of ball left to play for both teams this season. Good luck to the RAMS!!!

Reactions: NCBBFB
Yes. I was not there and heard we had several fumbles and missed some field goals. It seems like it may have been the team’s worst performance since the ES game.

Got the “W” though.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
I was wondering bc we literally gave up 350 yards rushing vs south stokes and 300 plus vs other teams. Thought yall would run wild on us.

MA returns everybody next year will be Senior heavy. JV was 8-0 I including 25-0 win over stm
They're gonna be really tough. I always pull for the Bears in the playoffs and try to get to the games as well. Probably gonna split some of the time/games with East Surry in the playoffs this year. Ready to see some great football from two great teams.

Who is the QB from North Surry? Don't think I got to see him this year. I heard that he was transferring to Starmount. It will be very difficult for anyone to beat out Collins as QB for the Rams next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT