ADVERTISEMENT

2022 Foothills/NW/Mid State JV Thread

Slasher Killer

Sep 23, 2010
It's that time of year again! Thursday nights time to shine

Post any local area JV scores if you find them through the season here.

Tonight's JV Games:

North Surry at Mount Airy
North Wilkes at Elkin
Surry Central at Alleghany
Ashe County at Wilkes Central
West Wilkes at East Wilkes
Forbush at North Forsyth

Delayed/Moved Around:

West Stokes at South Stokes
East Surry at Starmount

Forbush 18, North Forsyth 14

Either NF is much improved or Forbush is that down on JV. Guess we will see going forward.

According to NFHS Elkin/N Wilkes has been delayed. I don't know what that means because Elkin's twitter talked about people entering the field earlier. Anyone got any info there?

MA 38, NS 6

Despite the score I honestly feel better after this one than I did last year's game. Last year we let their offense do anything they wanted to. This year we could have headed that direction again after an awful first quarter but we woke up and fought hard for the second and their quarters. We ran out of gas in the 4th and MA's older players played well to end up where it was. But I honestly feel MA was better last year than this year. MA will be fine in the northwest though; they will run all over Starmount and the Stokes schools.

But the fight we had in us was quite impressive. We fought back from our dumb mistakes to make it 22-6 for most of the game. If we had been older and less mistake prone this woulda been a barn burner. It comes with time.

Very excited to see how much we grow during the year. Got a lot of kids for the first time in a bit of time and I like their desire to learn. Can't ask for much more from a group of youngins.

Thank you! I found the game on NFHS but the bottom score feed wasn't updated and audio was all over the place.

1st jv game we have had for a year and half. No jv team last season and year before folded up shop halfway through due to injuries if I remember correctly.

MA 38, NS 6

Despite the score I honestly feel better after this one than I did last year's game. Last year we let their offense do anything they wanted to. This year we could have headed that direction again after an awful first quarter but we woke up and fought hard for the second and their quarters. We ran out of gas in the 4th and MA's older players played well to end up where it was. But I honestly feel MA was better last year than this year. MA will be fine in the northwest though; they will run all over Starmount and the Stokes schools.

But the fight we had in us was quite impressive. We fought back from our dumb mistakes to make it 22-6 for most of the game. If we had been older and less mistake prone this woulda been a barn burner. It comes with time.

Very excited to see how much we grow during the year. Got a lot of kids for the first time in a bit of time and I like their desire to learn. Can't ask for much more from a group of youn
I came to see my nephew play maybe you were watching a different game than I was. Older players? Sophomores? Actually 4th quarter was subs galore or it would of been worse. Last year was better. The all world north frosh vs the Mt airy frosh. Yeah future looks bright over there. Fell better if you must. I'm pretty sure you will say the same thing the next 4 years. Btw. Great win for us. Starmount was not a test. Glad I missed it though.

Reactions: buzzcoach
MA 38, NS 6

Very excited to see how much we grow during the year. Got a lot of kids for the first time in a bit of time and I like their desire to learn. Can't ask for much more from a group of youngins.
Older? How much older freshmen and Sophmores just like NS

MA 38, NS 6

You all get a chance to run all over the stokes schools this week

East Surry at Starmount has been cancelled. May be played at a later date.

Don't know about starmount game...but Grayson county won vs Alleghany tonight 18-0

Week 2 Slate:

East Surry 0 vs MA 35
North Surry 25 vs West Stokes 14
Elkin 16 vs West Wilkes 28
Surry Central 0 vs East Wilkes 10
South Stokes 24 vs Bishop 14
Forbush 6 vs Trinity 20
Ashe 46 vs North Wilkes 6
North Forsyth 0 vs Mount Tabor 49
Walkertown 8 vs Lexington 24

First time in ages a full lineup across the board! So awesome to see. I didn't list a few schools as I'm not sure if they have JV or not; if I missed anyone I apologize. Got a long haul this evening so not much time for a write up. I will next week since we are at home and we all will know more about the JV squads.

I guess since WC and Starmount played earlier they are off tonight, correct?

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Week 2 Slate:

East Surry vs MA
North Surry vs West Stokes
Elkin vs West Wilkes
Surry Central vs East Wilkes
South Stokes vs Bishop?
Forbush vs Trinity
Ashe vs North Wilkes
North Forsyth vs Mount Tabor
Carver vs Atkins
Walkertown vs Lexington

First time in ages a full lineup across the board! So awesome to see. I didn't list a few schools as I'm not sure if they have JV or not; if I missed anyone I apologize. Got a long haul this evening so not much time for a write up. I will next week since we are at home and we all will know more about the JV squads.

Are you going to NS game tonight?

Reactions: Slasher Killer
Week 2 Slate:

East Surry vs MA
North Surry vs West Stokes
Elkin vs West Wilkes
Surry Central vs East Wilkes
South Stokes vs Bishop?
Forbush vs Trinity
Ashe vs North Wilkes
North Forsyth vs Mount Tabor
Carver vs Atkins
Walkertown vs Lexington

Isn't North Stokes at North Moore Friday?

Trinity 20, Forbush 6

Wow. Either Trinity's JV's are excellent or Forbush is that down this year. Next week's JV game is gonna be huge for Yadkin county bragging rights.

North Surry 25, West Stokes 14

Needless to say it was a heck of a turnaround for us in just one week. I could tell the game would be different judging from how the kids were warming up. We were way more mentally ready this week.

Even though it's close on the score it doesn't really do the game justice on our end. This was the best defensive performance I've seen one of our teams have in a long time. We had 2 sacks for a safety and a D lineman had a pick in the 2nd half. I've seen those things happen before in games singularly but not all at once. Prob never will again. Our D line played phenomenal. They got a TD in the 1st and the 4th; we put the bench in in that 4th quarter. If our deep safety hadn't have slipped in the first quarter we could have had a shutout potentially. West isn't a bad squad either they have a heck of a good QB and RB core and will be pretty competitive the rest of the year. The QB can throw if he's given time. We had to earn that W. Offense wise we still are learning but we moved some things around and it worked better. We still need some more time. West played us well and shut our run down. We only had 26 plays on offense the whole night. So bizarre.

Next week we come home for a change to play Elkin. We can't afford to sleep on them.

Super excited to see how these kids play the rest of the year. They are mighty fun to watch.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Week 3 Slate:

MA at SC
Elkin at North Surry
West Stokes at East Surry
Starmount at Forbush
South Stokes at McMichael
West Wilkes at Ashe County
East Wilkes at North Wilkes

North Forsyth at Lexington
Walkertown at E Randolph
Bishop at Graham?

Alleghany, WC is off

Solid week 3 lineup with some absences due to no JV teams to play.

In Surry County MA heads to Dobson to play Surry Central in what could be another runaway ball game. However Central played a good East Wilkes squad awfully hard last week so the Bears can't afford to sleepwalk. in Pilot the Cards host the Wildcats in a very unexpected position after MA flat out shell shocked them to a big shutout last week. That hasn't happened to East in a long time. Now is the time for them to rise from the Ashes. West meanwhile has to do so after losing to North Surry last week. Speaking of the 'Hounds they have their home opener tonight vs a very hard to figure Elkin JV team in what will be the last matchup for a few years. The Hounds are looking for their consistency moving forward into a hard conference slate.

Down south it's the Yadkin battle rights war between the Bush and the Rams. Forbush got blasted by Trinity last week in a very unlike them performance while Starmount beat Wilkes Central by 10. Hard to say fully what to expect here from these two squads. Expect another close affair.

In Wilkes County East heads to Ronda to play North; the Ronda Cards are off to a solid start as their defense has came up big already, while North's struggled to compete the past 2 games. West meanwhile heads up the mountain to play a tough Ashe County team. W Central is off due to no JV squad for Patton.

In Winston things are busy. North Forsyth heads down south to Lexington hoping to get a W. However things are so baren for the Jackets as they had a solid program building 24-6 win over Walkertown last week. Speaking of which the Wolfpack have the tough task of matching up with Eastern Randolph tonight.

Plenty of great matchups on the board tonight; have a wonderful evening!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT