10. Shelby
11. Butler
12. Ardrey Kell
13. AL Brown
14. Statesville
15. North Lincoln
16. Olympic

Reactions: BuddyAmerson
LOL. The annual Hough hype begins again. Here is my List.

1. Vance
2. Weddington
3. Richmond County
4. Myers Park
5. Charlotte Catholic
6. Mallard Creek
7. Kings Mountain
8. Charlotte Christian
9. Hough
10. Shelby
11. Butler
12. Ardrey Kell
13. AL Brown
14. Statesville
15. West Charlotte
16. Olympic

1. Vance
2. Weddington
3. Richmond County
4. Myers Park
5. Charlotte Catholic
6. Mallard Creek
7. Kings Mountain
8. Charlotte Christian
9. Hough
10. Shelby
11. Butler
12. Ardrey Kell
13. AL Brown
14. Statesville
15. West Charlotte
16. Olympic
This would be my list only flip WC and Olympic.

I respect vance at being # 1 they are defending state champs. No way the raiders are 6th like always they will have to prove themselves. If we are blessed to play a season them county boys will have a lot to say about that order. Facts....

1. Vance
2. Weddington
3. Richmond County
4. Myers Park
5. Charlotte Catholic
6. Mallard Creek
7. Kings Mountain
8. Charlotte Christian
9. Hough
10. Shelby
11. Butler
12. Ardrey Kell
13. AL Brown
14. Statesville
15. West Charlotte
16. Olympic
This is their biggest year of new guys. They probably have more new guys, than the entire Imeck conference put together. They don’t even hide what they’re doing anymore.

Mallard creek is way too low. I know Palmieri is a huge loss but bottom 10??? That talent is still there. Hough reminds me of a bowl of fake fruit...yeah they look good but jus nothing there. When they're expected to do good they underachieve. With so much talent that comes thru there they underachieve so much. Charlotte Christian??? Idk how they stack with all teams in the top 10 but wertz is known to do this every yr.

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
I'll take a stab though its reallly early-

Vance- They have a couple interesing kids transferring in.

Richmond- Think this is really where you see the culture change impact. Bigger-stronger across the board. Hood looks like and absolute monster.

Weddington-

Mallard Creek- Bad timing of new staff and Covid. Think they will be ready to make run at end of the year. Sort of like Vance last year.

Myers Park

Catholic

Hough- We will see. They are certainly stacked on paper.

Shelby

Butler

KM

On a state level I think the team that might be in that top 3 conversation would be East Forsyth. This may be there best squad.

Richmond- Think this is really where you see the culture change impact. Bigger-stronger across the board. Hood looks like and absolute monster.

Weddington-

Mallard Creek- Bad timing of new staff and Covid. Think they will be ready to make run at end of the year. Sort of like Vance last year.

Myers Park

Catholic

Shelby

Butler

KM

On a state level I think the team that might be in that top 3 conversation would be East Forsyth. This may be there best squad.
Agreed on above. Time will tell.

This is their biggest year of new guys. They probably have more new guys, than the entire Imeck conference put together. They don’t even hide what they’re doing anymore.

Nepsy we see this moive every year with Hough though. MC may take a step back and they did beat Vance last year. Just think when the money is on the table Hough folds every time.

Not so sure about number 13. I know the offense should b every good but I don't know about the defense. They lost a lot on that side of the ball.

I agree with B and G, but we will see. 2-5 is where I would expect us to land not having seen this years team or the ones in Charlotte.
Caleb Hood alone would would make any of the 16 a top 5 team. I'll go out n say hes going to b the NC offensive player of the yr barring injury.

Reactions: Raider7967
Nepsy we see this moive every year with Hough though. MC may take a step back and they did beat Vance last year. Just think when the money is on the table Hough folds every time.
MC will be Junior Heavy, similar to the 2nd State Championships team, they’ll have enough talent to beat every team they play. A lot of under the Radar kids. Hough just went all out this year. It’s just ridiculous! They signed like 12 new kids. Langston didn’t even list all of them. Talk about luck. What are the chances that many kids, can move into a area, where the average home is 350k to 400k, and average rent for Apartments $1700. Must be nice. Without their transfers, they would be in a fight for 5th place in the conference.

MC will be Junior Heavy, similar to the 2nd State Championships team, they’ll have enough talent to beat every team they play. A lot of under the Radar kids. Hough just went all out this year. It’s just ridiculous! They signed like 12 new kids. Langston didn’t even list all of them. Talk about luck. What are the chances that many kids, can move into a area, where the average home is 350k to 400k, and average rent for Apartments $1700. Must be nice. Without their transfers, they would be in a fight for 5th place in the conference.
top 50 national talent with a average at best coaching.

I know that I do a weekly show with Langston Wertz and the Charlotte Observer, but I don't agree with their preseason poll, and that's ok, but I don't think Hough would have been anywhere close to #1.

Here's what I would have had... remember this is Charlotte Observer Coverage area.

1. Weddington
2. Vance
3. Richmond
4. Myers Park
5. Hough
6. Mallard Creek
7. Kings Mountain
8. Shelby
9. Charlotte Catholic
10. Butler
11. Statesville
12. Crest
13. Ardrey Kell
14. Olympic
15. A.L. Brown
16. Cox Mill

I know that I do a weekly show with Langston Wertz and the Charlotte Observer, but I don't agree with their preseason poll, and that's ok, but I don't think Hough would have been anywhere close to #1.

Here's what I would have had... remember this is Charlotte Observer Coverage area.

1. Weddington
2. Vance
3. Richmond
4. Myers Park
5. Hough
6. Mallard Creek
7. Kings Mountain
8. Shelby
9. Charlotte Catholic
10. Butler
11. Statesville
12. Crest
13. Ardrey Kell
14. Olympic
15. A.L. Brown
16. Cox Mill

Based on your rankings, that has a week 1 matchup between the number 14 Olympic and number 15 A L Brown at Olympic. That could be a good early season matchup.

Based on your rankings, that has a week 1 matchup between the number 14 Olympic and number 15 A L Brown at Olympic. That could be a good early season matchup.

I saw both of those teams play late-season games in 2019 and thought both had a lot of really strong underclass talent. I fully believe that both will be much better this season, so that has a chance to be a really good game. (assuming we play)

top 50 national talent with a average at best coaching.

I have said it a thousand times. A few transfers=good. Dozens=Bad.

Its the ultimate team sport. 70-80% of transfers are playing at a school for their own agenda and its rarely about winning games. In the right culture you can absorb a few of those and with the right leadership you flourish. 8-10 like that showing up out of the blue causes way more headaches then its worth.

My Version of Sweet 16:

1. Vance
2. Weddington
3. CLT Catholic
4. Hough
5. Richmond
6. Myers Park
7. Mallard Creek
8. CLT Christian
9. Kings Mtn
10..Butler
11. Shelby
12. AL Brown
13. Ardrey Kell
14. Statesville
15. Olympic
16. North Lincoln

Weddington-

Myers Park

Catholic

Shelby

Butler

KM

Our whole offense is pretty much back. Losing Donta Armstrong and stefon Thompson on both sides of the ball will b huge. I think I know the cpl transfers u r referencing. One of them supposed to have came last yr but some issues came up and things didnt come together. That kid is a monster.

Are all of Hough’s players out of district or private schools? What happened to CMS’ transfer policy?

Are all of Hough’s players out of district or private schools? What happened to CMS’ transfer policy?
They jus recycle those lake front homes. When 1 graduates they move the transfers in. Plus air bnbs r empty because of the quarantine. Lol

Reactions: UNC91
They’re not transfers. If you transfer you have to set out an entire season. They’re getting kids from all over. I heard they have a dorm. There’s a running joke going, if you follow a kid from Hough home after practice. You better have a full tank of gas....lmao!

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
My Version of Sweet 16:

1. Vance
2. Weddington
3. CLT Catholic
4. Hough
5. Richmond
6. Myers Park
7. Mallard Creek
8. CLT Christian
9. Kings Mtn
10..Butler
11. Shelby
12. AL Brown
13. Ardrey Kell
14. Statesville
15. Olympic
16. North Lincoln
Tough for me to put Hough ahead of Richmond and MP. Also think CC is in a good spot at 5. We'll be really young, but very talented and athletic. I also cannot see Christian ahead of KM who is loaded.

They’re not transfers. If you transfer you have to set out an entire season. They’re getting kids from all over. I heard they have a dorm. There’s a running joke going, if you follow a kid from Hough home after practice. You better have a full tank of gas....lmao!

From my understanding you can now transfer once in HS without sitting out.

With how they did last year and who they have coming back, I'd give Richmond the inside track this season. I didn't say it, but I always felt, even as good as they were doing last season, that this season would be their year.

Reactions: 704CougarsDad
The raiders will be ready and hungry this year so will the teams from Charlotte. Vance meyers park the creek Hough butler the west loaded again lol.

With how they did last year and who they have coming back, I'd give Richmond the inside track this season. I didn't say it, but I always felt, even as good as they were doing last season, that this season would be their year.
I believe last year team is better hopefully I'm wrong. Going for 8 Go Raiders

I believe last year team is better hopefully I'm wrong. Going for 8 Go Raiders
The big issue this season will be the secondary. Other than that, this team is loaded. Skills are really good. Our #3 WR and #4 WR could be #1 and #2 at most schools. Stable of backs, Hood, and the O-Line will be one of the biggest I’ve personally ever seen. Front 7 on D will be really, really good.

The secondary will be young but they will be fine and well coached. Look up for the ball while in the air. Plenty off talent and playmakers Lindsey, broady, gates, bright, jones, Webb, Baldwin, just to name a few.

The secondary will be young but they will be fine and well coached. Look up for the ball while in the air. Plenty off talent and playmakers Lindsey, broady, gates, bright, jones, Webb, Baldwin, just to name a few.
Look up for the ball while in the air! Can’t count the number of times I’ve said that lol.

The big issue this season will be the secondary. Other than that, this team is loaded. Skills are really good. Our #3 WR and #4 WR could be #1 and #2 at most schools. Stable of backs, Hood, and the O-Line will be one of the biggest I’ve personally ever seen. Front 7 on D will be really, really good.
22 Scholarship kids at the Creek last year, 4 FBS OL, A 5 Star LB/RB a Head Coach who coached in 4 State Championships, and won 3. Defense that never aloud any team over 75 yards rushing the entire season. QB threw for over 3500 yds. Went Home early. You better be more than loaded....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT