ADVERTISEMENT

1A scores here

Toss up between MA and Murphy for 3rd and 4th place in the West...Styles make fights...Mitchell#1, Robbinsville#2.

Toss up between MA and Murphy for 3rd and 4th place in the West...Styles make fights...Mitchell#1, Robbinsville#2.
About 6 or 7 teams pretty evenly matched in the West this year. I think the West is down this year compared to championship teams of the past.. I’m going to agree that Murphy would have played Mitchell much closer than Robbinsville did. I think last year’s Murphy team would have handled the Robbinsville team that played tonight pretty easy. And pretty sure would beat this Mitchell team as well.. I may be very wrong and have been wrong about high school football games several times .When the game coverage started we all agreed that Robbinsville was in for a long night. No excitement, walking around with heads down from the start. This is just my opinion and is pretty much worthless..I think the West’s down year will get exposed Saturday by Tarboro and by a pretty comfortable margin . Tarboro 42-20. . I’ll catch hell over my pick but I’m ok with that. All the people saying Robbinsville had a good year I don’t agree with that either. A good year is winning it all. Robbinsville was a solid top 5 or 6 this year but should be pretty good next year with some effort and want to., those pieces are hard to find some times. Again, , this is my opinion and does not play any part in the outcome of any games. To the guy who said I was making excuses let me run something by you good sir ! Nantahala, Highlands, Stecoah and Mountain View, that’s a list of past and present N.C. High schools that did not have football programs and they have just as many Football state championships as Mitchell and next Saturday won’t change that one bit. Tarboro 42 - Mitchell 20. Signing off till next season. Go Tarboro, much respect for the team and program. Have always taken care of that crap on the field. One of the elite programs in the state with the Championships to prove it. Till next year.

About 6 or 7 teams pretty evenly matched in the West this year. I think the West is down this year compared to championship teams of the past.. I’m going to agree that Murphy would have played Mitchell much closer than Robbinsville did. I think last year’s Murphy team would have handled the Robbinsville team that played tonight pretty easy. And pretty sure would beat this Mitchell team as well.. I may be very wrong and have been wrong about high school football games several times .When the game coverage started we all agreed that Robbinsville was in for a long night. No excitement, walking around with heads down from the start. This is just my opinion and is pretty much worthless..I think the West’s down year will get exposed Saturday by Tarboro and by a pretty comfortable margin . Tarboro 42-20. . I’ll catch hell over my pick but I’m ok with that. All the people saying Robbinsville had a good year I don’t agree with that either. A good year is winning it all. Robbinsville was a solid top 5 or 6 this year but should be pretty good next year with some effort and want to., those pieces are hard to find some times. Again, , this is my opinion and does not play any part in the outcome of any games. To the guy who said I was making excuses let me run something by you good sir ! Nantahala, Highlands, Stecoah and Mountain View, that’s a list of past and present N.C. High schools that did not have football programs and they have just as many Football state championships as Mitchell and next Saturday won’t change that one bit. Tarboro 42 - Mitchell 20. Signing off till next season. Go Tarboro, much respect for the team and program. Have always taken care of that crap on the field. One of the elite programs in the state with the Championships to prove it. Till next year.
We had zero swagger, zero motivation,walking around on field from play #1..what was so bad is that it was so evident from some kids that I never thought I'd see that out of.. I was asking some fans around me if they were sick or something..I guess we were so emotionally high last week we couldn't replicate that 2 weeks in a row....but we have many times before

We had zero swagger, zero motivation,walking around on field from play #1..what was so bad is that it was so evident from some kids that I never thought I'd see that out of.. I was asking some fans around me if they were sick or something..I guess we were so emotionally high last week we couldn't replicate that 2 weeks in a row....but we have many times before
Like I said in my lengthy speech, no life just going thru the motions. Last week was filled with high fives , helping each other up and raw emotions.. totally different team this week. Very disappointed.. but be careful one genius already accused me of making excuses for Robbinsville. That’s coming from a team that used every excuse in the book when they got hammered by Andrews. “ our starting center had his appendix taken out at halftime “, we started 3 jv’s that game. And so on.

So let me get this straight.
Mitchell beats the brakes off Robbinsville, the Knights were unmotivated.
Robbinsville wins 28-20, stopping Mitchell deep in the 4th, and they were dominate against a lesser team.
If they couldn't get motivated for a regional final, then how on earth did they win even 1 game this year?
I’ll agree with about 95% of your statement. I think the West is down and Robbinsville is a top 5-8 team this year. We looked lost last night, with other places we’d rather be. I’m not trying to make anybody mad , it’s just what I saw .Mitchell has a solid team. A team that could have won a state championship in years past ? No, not in my opinion. It doesn’t matter it will all get figured out next Saturday.. congratulations Mitchell. And good luck Saturday.

As for last year's 28-20 victory,Robbinsville took a knee on the 1 yd line 3 plays in a row to end that game or it would have been 35-20, a larger margin of victory than tonight's game.
I have no explanation for tonight..Before our guys ran through the banner a friend of mine said" we're in trouble "..We lost our swagger but they are just kids with emotions running all over the place. Its easy for us fans to be really critical when we don't know the entire story.
Had we been ready to play ,I think it would have been a 1 score game..Just as Mitchell did last year, we played alot of sophomores and freshman last night. We will be back...But make no mistake, the better team won last night. We are 45-8 the last 4 yrs. I'll take that. Congrats on your win.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I'd bet the Robbinsville players would like to hear that they just were not motivated enough to win. I'm sorry but just don't think thats a thing to say about the kids who have worked their tails off to play.
Of course they worked their butts off. But one thing is for sure. If a team you are playing comes out with energy and intensity, you better match that or it’ll be a long night. Just seems like we didn’t match their energy and it hurt us. It has nothing to do with players not working their butts off.

Of course they worked their butts off. But one thing is for sure. If a team you are playing comes out with energy and intensity, you better match that or it’ll be a long night. Just seems like we didn’t match their energy and it hurt us. It has nothing to do with players not working their butts off.
I agree actually... this coming from a fan of neither team. Robbinsville looked dead from the start... including warmups
I told the nice feller I was sitting beside that Mitchell wanted this game more. He wasn’t a positive as I and kept thinking back to last year😂 great guy.

Well I guess the word I had issue with is motivated kinda makes it sounds like they didn't care if they win or lost. I mean if you can't get motivated for a Western championship. But I accepted what your saying here. Mitchell did play with a lot of energy probably the most I've seen since Mtn Heritage.

Last edited:
Reactions: maroonbrave
No bottomline is you brought Murphy into this when they shouldn't have been. Murphy and Robbinsville's season both ended short of the state title game. Nobody gives a rat's ass about those 2 wins this fall if you cant close the deal, like Murphy did in the spring hoss.

For the rest of the Robbinsville faithful, congrats on a great season. For you in particular just tired of the little quips, got old a while ago.
Oh and one more thing. If you can’t handle the truth about Murphy, then you may as well log out and not get back on. These little quips you speak of are nothing but the truth. You also can’t be certain that Robbinsville wouldn’t have handled ER in the same fashion. They certainly handled you guys pretty well. Matchup well or not. It’s really irritating that you take little shots like you do. I try to stay as reasonable as any Robbinsville fan on this board. I give credit where credit is due. Just like I congratulated Mitchell on the win. I would have done the same with Murphy and you know it. If any of those “quips” are so bad then I’m sorry snowflake. For the most part, I agree with a lot of your posts. You seem reasonable for the most part. But you need to get your facts straight before you start calling someone out on this board. You know as well as I do that Robbinsville represents this conference as good or better than Murphy. Especially the last little bit. You can take this post however you want. But for some of you murphy guys, I think y’all are wrapped up in the past where murphy clearly dominated the conference for a while. It’s not that way anymore.

I agree actually... this coming from a fan of neither team. Robbinsville looked dead from the start... including warmups
I told the nice feller I was sitting beside that Mitchell wanted this game more. He wasn’t a positive as I and kept thinking back to last year😂 great guy.
Exactly.
IT'S all the fans are talking about today.
Something happened before the game,rather it was something they ate,sickness, who knows. I'm sure it will come out. If we come out with high energy and play Robbinsville football and get beat, so be it..but to come out flat leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth..Talk to 5 or 6 fans today that said after warm ups that they knew the game was over before they ran threw the banner..

The game last night wasn’t as close as the score indicated. Mitchell let off the gas and let Robbinsville have their last 2 scores. Robbinsville wasn’t all hyped because they were being wore out at the line of scrimmage. You can get as high as a kite but when you are physically beat down it doesn’t matter. That’s where the game was won all night long

Also why didn’t Robbinsville at least try a onside kick after the last score? Yes I know there was just a few seconds left but at least give them a chance.....

Reactions: owen98
The game last night wasn’t as close as the score indicated. Mitchell let off the gas and let Robbinsville have their last 2 scores. Robbinsville wasn’t all hyped because they were being wore out at the line of scrimmage. You can get as high as a kite but when you are physically beat down it doesn’t matter. That’s where the game was won all night long
Bingo don’t care how much hooting, hollering, and jumping around you do. Better win the LOS if you want to win a state championship. Don’t care how much skill talent you have. 1a football is won in the tenches. Robbinsville got pushed around more than once this year in that department.

Mitchell beat a very good MA team at MA last week...Could it have been in the back of the Robbinsville players minds? Perhaps a Robbinsville team...beaten before they even got off the bus in this scenario? Hey it happens sometimes...
I can promise you Mt Airy was the last thing on their mind,however, you got one thing correct,something had them distracted

So the prediction of Mitchell losing 42-20. Well it wouldn’t be the first time a western team lost to Tarboro by that much. Shoot thats a pretty close score against Tarboro. Now I hope that Mitchell pulls it out but picking Tarboro IS the safe bet here.

Now I do absolutely love the take that the only reason Mitchell won was due to the west being down. Very nice backhanded compliment there. Either way its in the books. And I for one look forward to going to Chapel Hill (first time I ever said that) regardless of outcome. Now go do the unexpected Mitchell and bring back that elusive ring.

Go Mountaineers

So the prediction of Mitchell losing 42-20. Well it wouldn’t be the first time a western team lost to Tarboro by that much. Shoot thats a pretty close score against Tarboro. Now I hope that Mitchell pulls it out but picking Tarboro IS the safe bet here.

Now I do absolutely love the take that the only reason Mitchell won was due to the west being down. Very nice backhanded compliment there. Either way its in the books. And I for one look forward to going to Chapel Hill (first time I ever said that) regardless of outcome. Now go do the unexpected Mitchell and bring back that elusive ring.

Go Mountaineers
No disrespect to Tarboro but I think Mitchell rolls Tarboro.

How will Mitchell handle real speed and size on the biggest of stages..Speed and size similar to what they saw in 2015 against WRH..I went to that game and it took Mitchell falling waaaay behind waaaaay early..for them to wake up.and realize they were there for a reason and deserved to be there.....by then it was waaaaaay too late.

You Rville fans on this thread are delusional. You got your hind-end kicked by a better team, end of story. Just like when yall beat us last year because you were better. Yall will be back next year with an even stronger team. With that said, I'm now looking forward to an all purple match in chapel Hill.

How will Mitchell handle real speed and size on the biggest of stages..Speed and size similar to what they saw in 2015 against WRH..I went to that game and it took Mitchell falling waaaay behind waaaaay early..for them to wake up.and realize they were there for a reason and deserved to be there.....by then it was waaaaaay too late.
Well I'm sure not going to hold these boys to a totally different type of team 6 years ago. But while I agree Mitchell made some unforced errors in the beginning of that game that could have made it closer, I don't believe anyone was going to beat Wallace Rose they probably would have beaten the 2A teams that year then they won the next year then they did win the 2A the next and no way to prove it but I don't believe I've seen any team in 1A since that would have beaten them.
Mitchell may not beat Tarboro but I don't believe it will be because the stage is to big as for speed may be right I don't know I thought they were to see speed like they never seen with Thomasville.

Well I'm sure not going to hold these boys to a totally different type of team 6 years ago. But while I agree Mitchell made some unforced errors in the beginning of that game that could have made it closer, I don't believe anyone was going to beat Wallace Rose they probably would have beaten the 2A teams that year then they won the next year then they did win the 2A the next and no way to prove it but I don't believe I've seen any team in 1A since that would have beaten them.
Mitchell may not beat Tarboro but I don't believe it will be because the stage is to big as for speed may be right I don't know I thought they were to see speed like they never seen with Thomasville.
That Wallace team was a really good team. I don't know if they would have beaten that Year's Shelby team though that team was a monster. Which Shelby is always good LOL. Regarding tarboro's speed we're still fast not as fast as previous years.

Reactions: Old Mountaineer
We definitely have been the smaller team up front the last two games. Tell you what though, even though they were smaller they stood up and Rose to the occasion.
Well I know we like to see the big 6'3" + boys heck the 2015 team meationed had one boy that was 6'8" 295lbs..but this year's team certainly isn't the biggest but up to this point one of the better line Mitchell has had. A smaller guy with good technique and certainly block a bigger guy who like comes straight out of his stance.

I've learned there's a few Robbinsville fans on here that's always bitter and mad for some reason. Must be Yankee horse farmer transplants. Most mountain folks are always very nice and kind.

The reason ER and MA are still ranked 1 and 2 is because on paper they are the best teams. But the paper ran into matchups that just didn't work out and that's okay. That's how it goes. The better team's on those nights won. You can't sit here and say well they were this or that or if we played or they played. Nobody knows throw that paper out the window.

At the end of the season only one teams fans aren't pissed off and even if Robbinsville won it all there would still be a few on here mad at somebody. That's ok. Makes it fun.
1/2 Mitchell- Tarboro
1/2 Mitchell- Tarboro
3 Mt. Airy
4 E Randolph
5 Pender
6 Robbinsville
7 Starmount
8 Northside Pine
9 Murphy
10 Andrews/ Cherokee/ N Rowan
What you think ?

ADVERTISEMENT