ADVERTISEMENT

1A Basketball mainly women

I’d put them at the top of my top 5 in the west until someone knocks them off.
Murphy lost two really good players in Pullium and Pickens off last year's team but they'll at least have a shot against the vast majority of teams with Torin Rogers on the floor. I'd have Robbinsville ranked above Murphy given what they brought back but like I said with Rogers on the floor Murphy will still be hard to handle.

Last edited:
Murphy lost two really good players in Pullium and Pickens off last year's team but they'll at least have a shot against the vast majority of teams with Torin Rogers on the floor. I'd have Robbinsville ranked above Murphy given what they brought back but like I said with Rogers on the floor Murphy will still be hard to handle.
Robbinsville should definitely be tough this season. Love their PG. my daughter has been at a few camps with her. She is tough.

Mitchell doesn’t even have a coach. Why we don’t consider competent people from the community is a mystery to me. Rule is head coach has to be a school employee. That needs to change.

You all are fooling yourselves if you don’t think public schools don’t recruit. Grimsley, Page, AL Brown, Salisbury…so stop with the poor mouth. Ncball04 said it, the Bishop girls coach has a proven record and girls want to play for him. What I dislike is the willful ignorance.

You all are fooling yourselves if you don’t think public schools don’t recruit. Grimsley, Page, AL Brown, Salisbury…so stop with the poor mouth. Ncball04 said it, the Bishop girls coach has a proven record and girls want to play for him. What I dislike is the willful ignorance.
Freedom has done it for years now. On both the men’s and women’s side.

How are the Mitchell boys looking this year? I imagine lots of them are still playing football. McDowell plays them next week. We are 0-2 with both losses coming to a very good RS Central team.

Mitchell doesn’t even have a coach. Why we don’t consider competent people from the community is a mystery to me. Rule is head coach has to be a school employee. That needs to change.
Mitchell girls decide on the coach you were hoping they would? My daughter and a couple of her teammates went to the Mitchell/watauga game last night said he was coaching.

Well I just looked we lost to Watauga 52-26 or something. I’ve seen those girls play the last few years. Either Watauga is really good or we don’t have everyone out

Evidently. I can’t believe we scored 26 😳. Our boys will be good this year if we all survive football season

Reactions: 97Cougar
09-10 is the only year Bishop played Mitchell in the western regionals to my knowledge. Mitchell was the best 1A public that year, they beat Mount Airy by 2, who had actually beat Bishop twice during the regular season. So I agree Bishop did cost Mitchell a title, but not 4. Cherokee is the team probably most hard done during those Bishop years, Braves had 3 teams that couldve won it all without Bishop in the way, Braves played them closer than anyone in '10-'11, '11-'12 and '12-'13 during playoffs.
Don't forget those HD teams from those days. Bishop cost them at least one.

I guess the silver lining of those teams is that 3-5 different schools can claim to be the rightful state champion for all those years.

Joe kruk or Phil McKinney would’ve won a state championship with the boys talent that’s come from heritage last 6 years. That’s where putty butt learned it from. Phil had you ready to run through the wall before the game ever started

Joe kruk or Phil McKinney would’ve won a state championship with the boys talent that’s come from heritage last 6 years. That’s where putty butt learned it from. Phil had you ready to run through the wall before the game ever started
Yep putty was the same way

Reactions: Mhsneer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT