ADVERTISEMENT

1A basketball girls and guys surprises?

Wasn't sure what to expect from North Rowan with a new coach and only 2 seniors. I've been pleasantly surprised so far. Still a lot of work to do but we are off to a 2-0 start.

North Stokes boys basketball starting 5-0. Last week scored 91 points against Elkin and 90 against patrick County.

Reactions: gdawg74
Highlands girls have surprised me some--the Little Smoky title has been a foregone conclusion as going to Hiwassee Dam for years, but Highlands already has some decent non-conference wins (including giving 2A Franklin their only loss), so might be a more competitive league this year.

and 2 of NST better players left in Summer...NW 1A will be killer....you could see every boys team make playoffs

Reactions: gdawg74
NST better players left? As long as their point guard didn't leave then anybody else probably doesn't matter. Especially if it's the ones I think they are. JV players at best for the schools they went too.

But you're right, top to bottom, NW1A has to be the best 1A in state. 3 teams ranked in the champions bracket of the frank spencer. With Prep being a 1A team and top seed. Ridiculous.

Your only going to see 3 teams from each conference make the playoffs maybe 4 depending on split conference teams under the playoff format

You guys are off to a nice start. Hate that I missed y'all against Uwharrie.
Getting there we gave two away but we are still really young. We will return everybody next year again. The first game we led the whole game and at the end with 10 seconds left made a mistake turned it over and they hit a layup the second game they got alittle to cocky we were up 10-1 and they just completely backed off. So we are still working through our immaturity. We play Graystone tomorrow night so that will be a good test for them.

Getting there we gave two away but we are still really young. We will return everybody next year again. The first game we led the whole game and at the end with 10 seconds left made a mistake turned it over and they hit a layup the second game they got alittle to cocky we were up 10-1 and they just completely backed off. So we are still working through our immaturity. We play Graystone tomorrow night so that will be a good test for them.
How's Cherokee looking this year?

Hayesville boys have been a pleasant surprise. Lost 3 starters from last year and they weren’t world beaters last year. Rallied from behind to beat Andrews at Andrews and beat Murphy at Murphy.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
Cherokee lost Pooh King but gained two other PGs one played plenty last year and another I was told is just a cold blooded shooter. Should be interesting. Boys side will be nasty. As soon as they get football out of their system and learn the new offense under a new coach, look for them to put up 100 at least 15 times this year. If they lose early I wouldn't put any weight to it, most are football players that have not learned much from a new coach.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT