ADVERTISEMENT

189 points in a game.

portcity FB

Nov 8, 2004
Pender 106
Hobbton 83

I know these teams are not 4A but their combined 189 points scored is a state record. The lights automatically turned off at 11:00 with over a minute left in the game so more points could have been scored. WOW! I would suggest both schools look for some defensive coaches asap.

How does this happen, if both teams averaged 7pts per TD that would be 27 TDS to get to 189pts.
I'm sure 2 points were attempted by losing team heck with no defense both teams probalky went for 2
This is just crazy ..

• Haha
Reactions: Swo1980
How does this happen, if both teams averaged 7pts per TD that would be 27 TDS to get to 189pts.
I'm sure 2 points were attempted by losing team heck with no defense both teams probalky went for 2
This is just crazy ..
There is a breakdown of points scored in the article. A lot of two point conversations.

Reactions: tigertown21
According to the NCHSAA record book, Pender also broke the record for most rushing yards in a single game with 912. Alexander Central had 801 yards on the ground in an 82-42 victory over Ashe County in 2016.

Alexander Central kept its top spot in total yards in a single game with 927, but Pender moved into second place with 915.

Hobbton finished with 718 yards (400 passing and 318 rushing). The 1,633 combined yards also set a new record, surpassing the previous record of 1,518 from the Greenville Rose and D.H. Conley game in 2016.

Surprisingly, the 106 points scored by the Patriots wasn’t a state record. Windsor took down Creswell by a score of 142-0 way back in 1930.

Pender did break the school record for points, which it set earlier this season in an 88-34 win over Lejeune.

Junior running backs Jeremiah Johnson and Jassiah Hill led the way for the Patriots. Johnson finished with 44 carries for 377 yards and six touchdown, while Hill had 17 carries for 291 yards and six touchdowns.
The record for most rushing yards in a game 510 by T.J. Logan of Northern Guilford in the 2012 3AA state championship game. A total of 39 players have surpassed the 400-yard mark.

Five players have scored eight rushing touchdowns in a game, including Logan.

Pender ran the ball 76 times for 912 yards (12 per carry) and 14 touchdowns. The other three yards came on a pass from quarterback Mark Rawls to Messiah Darden.

Imagine scoring 83 points and still losing by 20+. Insane!
I looked up on Maxpreps to see what the highest scoring game of all time was. It occurred between Haven, Kansas and Sylivia, Kansas in 1927. Haven won the game 256-0. One player scored 90 points himself and it still holds the record to this day for the most extra points made in a game at 28. Haven High outscored their opponents that season 579-0. 😆 🤣 😂

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT