ADVERTISEMENT

13 -0 vs 13-0 PANTHERS vs PANTHERS Franklin @ Hibriten

You sure about that? Ill bet I can find a few more. I know of one more right off the top of my head, and one more third round exit, and I haven't even bothered to put in any research time. Now mind you, we were always assured THIS was the year for Hibriten in all of those years, even the years they lost in earlier rounds.
And you thought 09 and 16 were Tuscola’s years? How did that work out?

You sure about that? Ill bet I can find a few more. I know of one more right off the top of my head, and one more third round exit, and I haven't even bothered to put in any research time. Now mind you, we were always assured THIS was the year for Hibriten in all of those years, even the years they lost in earlier rounds.
If you'll look above I corrected that, lol. 1979,2003,2010,2016 and 2017. This is there 5th trip to western finals, never been to state title game however and a football dynasty stands in the way in Shelby. Good luck Panthers, someone needs to stop shelby's streak of 4 straight

Last edited:
Way to go Hibritten .Good luck against Shelby.
Hope Franklin gets their trophy for making it to the third round .When it 11 against 11 they don't have a chance.

Reactions: PBBear51
If you'll look above I corrected that, lol. 1979,2003,2010,2016 and 2017. This is there 5th trip to western finals, never been to state title game however and a football dynasty stands in the way in Shelby. Good luck Panthers, someone needs to stop shelby's streak of 4 straight
Fair enough. I WILL STAND CORRECTED as well.

I dont know where you got that idea, I have never "thought" ANY of those years were "Tuscola's years." (Or any other WNC team for that matter. outside of the SMC) But I do notice that you make a lot of stuff up. Why do you do this? You a Trump supporter or something?

I dont know where you got that idea, I have never "thought" ANY of those years were "Tuscola's years." (Or any other WNC team for that matter. outside of the SMC) But I do notice that you make a lot of stuff up. Why do you do this? You a Trump supporter or something?
Gotta get political, lol, I think Trump won North Carolina, didn't he?

Congrats to hibriten...good football team ..GREAT defense.. unbelievable team speed...THE better team won tonight.....good luck to heritage and a.c. Reynolds and murphy next week...W.I.R..signing off
..it was a fun year...happy holidays to all sports fans

Good ball game Franklin speed was the difference. Close ball game for a half.
Like everyone but one team will do and that’s loo
Win with class lose with class.
i say congrats to the Hibriten team good luck moving forward. When you talk junk for fun sometimes you eat some crow, no big deal. Franklin won’t cry and whine and stay on threads weeks after they loose. Moving on to basketball, good thing is we won’t have to listen those idiots from Pisgah and the one South Point fan who can’t accept his team is playing basketball not #1 seed playing in 4th round of football. Better luck next year to us all .

i say congrats to the Hibriten team good luck moving forward. When you talk junk for fun sometimes you eat some crow, no big deal. Franklin won’t cry and whine and stay on threads weeks after they loose. Moving on to basketball, good thing is we won’t have to listen those idiots from Pisgah and the one South Point fan who can’t accept his team is playing basketball not #1 seed playing in 4th round of football. Better luck next year to us all .
Did you get all your Tuscola fans home safe?

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
Defense: team speed and pretty impressive front seven. They kept coming around the ends like a clown car opened up and kept Moore off balance all night, not much he could do. We couldn't run because hibriten had no need to honor the perimeter or deep ball.

On offense, it's all Gee. Everything else is to get you looking somewhere else while he hits the corner. I actually think we were in decent position most of the night (the qb touchdown being a notable exception) we just couldn't stop #25 when we knew it was coming.

I haven't read anything about the Shelby game except the score, but I would guess that will be a fun, low scoring matchup.

I attended the Greeneville vs. Marshall County game tonight. So so performance in my eyes from Greeneville. Let me add..... Up 42-17 with 3 minutes to go on the MC 26 yard line, 4 down they throw a TD pass.
That's a crazy concept there. Did you know that when Franklin has a lead on your team in the second half they stop trying to score?

This idiot was dead RIGHT about this game and that hurts your feelings. Sorry.

Gotta get political, lol, I think Trump won North Carolina, didn't he?

Unfortunately, yes. A black stain on the reputation of NC.

But back to the game, some stat questions. What was Hibriten and Franklin's total offensive yards and how many passes did each throw for what yardage?

FHS HHS

First Downs 12 9

Rushes-yards 30-37 39-367

Passing 133 10

Comp-Att-Int 20-37-1 1-2-0

Punts-Avg. 4-36.5 2-34.0

Fumbles-Lost 0-0 6-2

Penalties-yards 3-35 8-33

Six fumbles by Hibriten this late in the season? Wow.

:pFranklin posters will fade away now.Just like last year.Fair weather fans .Just wondering if you had enough seats on the visitors' side?

Fair weather fans....LOL.! I’ll keep up with the board but won’t post. My team is out of the playoffs. I’m not so insecure that I have to live vicariously thru another team like the Pisgah crew does (and you hypocrites called out Tuscola for the same thing) We were 13-1, won the conference, & played in the 3rd rd, which of those can Pisgah claim?.....oh ya.....that would be none. The cherry on the top is we beat you twice! Now, you guys run along and figure who’s back your gonna jump on this week because your team isn’t good enough.

Fair weather fans....LOL.! I’ll keep up with the board but won’t post. My team is out of the playoffs. I’m not so insecure that I have to live vicariously thru another team like the Pisgah crew does (and you hypocrites called out Tuscola for the same thing) We were 13-1, won the conference, & played in the 3rd rd, which of those can Pisgah claim?.....oh ya.....that would be none. The cherry on the top is we beat you twice! Now, you guys run along and figure who’s back your gonna jump on this week because your team isn’t good enough.

You were the only person posting on here the first of the year and you know it.If you think after all the BS you and your buddies said about us and our town that we were going to support you in anything you are mistaken.
There's not a team in WNC that don't know about the pit and those referees.We were just stating the fact.
As for the Pisgah crew we will all be on here every year supporting our team .Win or lose.We also support teams in the play-offs from WNC except one.;););):p

Track wasn't packed like I have seen before but home and visitors side were both pretty full.

Beamer24 thanks for holding the seats for us.A good crowd,but definitely larger crowds have been there before.

Hibriten's defense is for real.#79 could have kept the Titantic from sinking, #29 had a great game, #52 and #36 are hard nosed tacklers and #82 gave the Franklin QB fits all night.

Offensively the Panthers have enough option to keep a good defense off balance, even with the limited passing they showed against FHS. FHS had a good defense, but they couldn't counter every possible lane HHS attacked. Witherspoon is just FAST! He needs to be tackled before he gets to open field.

HHS has a great defense and the match up with Shelby should be fun to watch.

Good luck to both teams.

Last edited:
Beamer24 thanks for holding the seats for us.A good crowd,but definitely larger crowds have been there before.

Hibriten's defense is for real.#79 could have kept the Titantic from sinking, #29 had a great game, #52 and #36 are hard nosed tacklers and #82 gave the Franklin QB fits all night.

Offensively the Panthers have enough option to keep a good defense off balance, even with the limited passing they showed against FHS. FHS had a good defense, but they couldn't counter every possible lane HHS attacked. Witherspoon is just FAST! He needs to be tackled before he gets to open field.

HHS has a great defense and the match up with Shelby should be fun to watch.

Good luck to both team.
Enjoyed it

You were the only person posting on here the first of the year and you know it.If you think after all the BS you and your buddies said about us and our town that we were going to support you in anything you are mistaken.
There's not a team in WNC that don't know about the pit and those referees.We were just stating the fact.
As for the Pisgah crew we will all be on here every year supporting our team .Win or lose.We also support teams in the play-offs from WNC except one.;););):p

No he's not.

And there may be a history about weird refereeing in the past, but this year hasn't been that way for dang sure.

Reactions: BiltmoreCANE
Unfortunately, yes. A black stain on the reputation of NC.

But back to the game, some stat questions. What was Hibriten and Franklin's total offensive yards and how many passes did each throw for what yardage?

The black stain is you snowflakes crying 24/7.Better invest in some more Kleenex come 2020.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT