ADVERTISEMENT

1-A and 1-AA playoffs predictions

It's the same here, just like every other county in the state. Dont let rville20 and his conspiracy theories lead you to believe otherwise.
We have early college too but they don’t they don’t take the kids off. I guess what I’m saying is the kids going to early college I’m pretty sure never played football any way and the girls that are going to early college are not playing football I’m not being prejudice I’m just saying what numbers walk through the door first day school should be numbers then there is no speculation. Know I am done talking about adm in 2018

Reactions: BK13T-$
Mayland Early College has about 60 students give or take, and its pretty much an even split between Avery, Mitchell and Yancey counties. That moves Heritage a little bit farther from the 1aa line, affects Avery none, and moves Mitchell closer to the 1a/1aa cutoff. Everyone does realize that adm's determine your schools alotted funding right? Why would the Cherokee County Superintendant allow a coach to fudge numbers, taking money from the school, just to play in a different playoff division? Im not in Murphy, and I don't frequent the area, but what are the demographics of Cherokee County? For example; Mitchell County's population has remained around 15000 since the 1890's. It has gone from 3 2a sized schools, to 2 2a sized schools, to 1 3a school, to 1 2a school, to 1 1a school. All without population change. The change is, young families are leaving, and old folks stick around. foriengners from Florida, South Carolina, Michigan, and Ohio makes up the rest of the population. Graham County's population has doubled since the 1890's, but Robbinsville's enrollment has stayed relatively the same. I smell a conspiracy there.

We have early college too but they don’t they don’t take the kids off. I guess what I’m saying is the kids going to early college I’m pretty sure never played football any way and the girls that are going to early college are not playing football I’m not being prejudice I’m just saying what numbers walk through the door first day school should be numbers then there is no speculation. Know I am done talking about adm in 2018
Im pretty sure Polk County was the last ones in the state to count their early college students. I think the state made them stop.

Dead horse. At least spice it up with fresh headlines:

- Murphy hand picks their own referees, all Murphy natives!
- Murphy’s scoreboard is rigged to give home team at least 40!
- Murphy frequently plays a 4-4, cover 4 defense and nobody notices!
- Murphy’s girl kickers are actually sorceresses that curse the other team’s pregame meal!
- Murphy’s locker room air freshener scent is called “what the Rock is cooking,” and they smell it!
- Gary Thompson does shots of Hair Club for Men on the sidelines for every OL pancake, inspiring his guys to play way way harder!

Can I get a slow clap

Reactions: Swo_05
Nope your wrong CatDad, I've just been around a long time. I find it funny murphy plays down trying to win a state ship,(they started doing this in the 70's) when everybody west of Waynesville knows murphy is really a 2A size school. All you have to do is look at the size of the town of murphy compared to Andrews, Robbinsville, Swain and all the little towns in the east, to realize what they are doing. They know they can't compete with anyone above little A, so they move kids to EC, and the alternative school until they have numbers to play in the little A bracket. As far as me being jealous, you couldn't be farther from the truth, in my high school days, only 1, 1A team gave us a loss, and it for sure wasn't murphy.

20 youre so cute when you get all fussy and accusatory. The way the false and blatant lies flow in your text is absolute poetry. Your creative envious literacy shows the true essence of resentful disappointment. I can truly feel the bitterness of Murphys successes...what a talent you have. I mean well done....well done...Ive got chills from your misplaced comical passion. CHILLS.

Can I get a slow clap

Haha - first thing my eyes went to was 4-4 defense playing cover 4 and no one notices. I thought to myself, what an idiot - that’s impossible... well, I read the rest of the comment.. it doesn’t matter what all you guys say about this and that and ADM’s..Tarboro already has the trophy with their name on it, shirts and hats have been handed out..

Haha - first thing my eyes went to was 4-4 defense playing cover 4 and no one notices. I thought to myself, what an idiot - that’s impossible... well, I read the rest of the comment.. it doesn’t matter what all you guys say about this and that and ADM’s..Tarboro already has the trophy with their name on it, shirts and hats have been handed out..
They also have been handed out some felony charges too...

Graham county's population has benn around 8,000 for as long as I can remember and our enrollment has been around 350 for decades. 1890 has nothing to do with it.

Graham County population has gained about 1,300 ppl from 1980 to 2017.
Robbinsville had about 300 in 2,000 and about 360 last year.

Yeah that really looks fishy.

Graham County population has gained about 1,300 ppl from 1980 to 2017.
Robbinsville had about 300 in 2,000 and about 360 last year.

Yeah that really looks fishy.

Not fun when tables get turned and your accused is it BK??;)

The EC and The Oaks are the reason Murphy has played small A with Andrews (220) and Cherokee(310) 8 of the last 9 years.
Thats a fact.
Heres a honest question. Does other schools have an alternative school off campus? I remember Robbinsville had a alternative school but kids moved back and forth between it an the regular school. I assume we counted them. Sound to me once you go ti the Oaks in murphy you cant ever gk back to murphy high. That doesnt seem right.

Tarboro already working on next years team LOL this year is over for anyone in 1aa. Save your breaths because you are going to need it

Does Robbinsville count alternative kids?

Why isnt alternatives kids inside Murphy high school? Just asking. Why dont they get a chance to be rehabilitated and come back to murphy. Or can they?

Murphy fans want to be small A. They will not admit it but its so obvious. The get mad if anyone put them in 1aa bracket.

Yeah its fun because I shot it down as wrong.
You didn't shoot anything as wrong. I said Grahams population has doubled in the last 100 years, but student enrollment hasn't. You just cherry picked a few dates to bypass the narrative. I listed why Mitchell's adms have declined with the county's population staying unchanged, you have not listed why Graham county's population has doubled, with no rise in adms at Robbinsville. I guess Mitchell is now fudging numbers too...

Why dont they get a chance to be rehabilitated and come back to murphy. Or can they?.
They can if they meet the criteria. Storm Tessateskie that played football for Murphy in 2013 (and dominated Bradley and everybody else in the conference on JV) was at the alternative school for his sophomore and junior years but was back as a senior in 2016. He could've been special but missed out on too much development and lacked the work ethic.

rville20, I can tell you without doubt that you are wrong. Your assumptions and accusations contain not one iota of fact. You can try to use EC and Oaks numbers to fit your narrative, but if you had one intelligent, researched thought, you would see how utterly asinine you sound based on the facts. So let me break it down for you real sloooooowly so that you might finally be able to grasp how ridiculous you sound: The schools in Cherokee county DO NOT CHOOSE who goes to the EC (they do not "send" kids there as you put it). Only the parents and students can "choose" to attend the EC. NO ONE within the school system can "make them go", and NO ONE within the school system can "send them there". You can argue that fact all you want, and try to make it whatever you want, but your opinion or desire for it to be different doesn't change the reality. Next, the Oaks (alternative school) doesn't have some kind of sordid deal with Gentry to drop numbers. All schools in the county have kids who are moved to the Oaks, Murphy is no exception. Finally, if you think for a minute that the CCSB would allow Gentry to purposely ship kids to these two venues just to drop his numbers, you sir are a imbecile. Over half of the current board is from the two non-Murphy districts. Do you really think they would risk the wrath of the Andrews/Marble and Hiwassee Dam/Ranger constituency by allowing this to happen? Not a chance. The Andrews folks (myself included) would be the first ones with torches and pitchforks if that were taking place considering the struggles we have here. Your accusations are false, based on emotion and conjecture, and don't have a shred of legitimacy. And honestly you should be ashamed of yourself for continually spreading such nonsense, and sounding like a spoiled three year old whose older brother beat him at Mario Kart.
That's a really good post. I think all of us forget that the schools, whether in Graham, Cherokee, Clay, Swain, or any other county, are there for the education of children. Football is great and like everyone else, I can hardly wait for Friday nights (especially this week Swain) but not a school system in this state is going to manipulate kids, parents and numbers (funding is tied to numbers) for a football program. R20 you and BK need to give it a break. You make all the rest of us look bad. If we're "Title Town", then I don't think we have to tear down another program to make ourselves look good....we are GOOD ... and Murphy happens to be too. I don't hate them or Swain for being good. Football is better because of our rivalries. Without them, what fun would it be? I look forward to a matchup with the Dogs in the playoffs if it all shakes out. I think we can beat them. Will we? Maybe, maybe not. One thing is for sure, if we can't beat them, we probably shouldn't be beating our chest and complaining about their numbers. If we are good enough, we're good enough. Same goes for Murphy if they go big A. If they are good enough, they'll win. If not, no complaining about Tarboro or Mt. Airy's numbers.

Mountie your talking about 130 years ago. Come on man.
Give us a Link to our enrollment in 1890 please. We are not talking about the Robbinsville blue devils.

All schools in the county have kids that have chosen to attend the EC, or have been moved to the Oaks. Do you really think this is some kind of conspiracy on Murphy and the CCSB's part? By your logic, Murphy should count every student that attends EC or the Oaks, even though they are separate institutions, but all the other schools in the county shouldn't. Maybe kids attending these schools do drop Murphy's numbers, but that is also the case for the other schools in the county as well, and still has nothing to do with any conspiracy or sneaky "football beneficial" intent. They are doing nothing any different, and are playing by the same rules as the other two high schools in the county. If it happens to work out that way, oh well, it just is what it is, and the rules here are the same for every school.
Excellent post, nothing else needs to be said.

rville20, I can tell you without doubt that you are wrong. Your assumptions and accusations contain not one iota of fact. You can try to use EC and Oaks numbers to fit your narrative, but if you had one intelligent, researched thought, you would see how utterly asinine you sound based on the facts. So let me break it down for you real sloooooowly so that you might finally be able to grasp how ridiculous you sound: The schools in Cherokee county DO NOT CHOOSE who goes to the EC (they do not "send" kids there as you put it). Only the parents and students can "choose" to attend the EC. NO ONE within the school system can "make them go", and NO ONE within the school system can "send them there". You can argue that fact all you want, and try to make it whatever you want, but your opinion or desire for it to be different doesn't change the reality. Next, the Oaks (alternative school) doesn't have some kind of sordid deal with Gentry to drop numbers. All schools in the county have kids who are moved to the Oaks, Murphy is no exception. Finally, if you think for a minute that the CCSB would allow Gentry to purposely ship kids to these two venues just to drop his numbers, you sir are a imbecile. Over half of the current board is from the two non-Murphy districts. Do you really think they would risk the wrath of the Andrews/Marble and Hiwassee Dam/Ranger constituency by allowing this to happen? Not a chance. The Andrews folks (myself included) would be the first ones with torches and pitchforks if that were taking place considering the struggles we have here. Your accusations are false, based on emotion and conjecture, and don't have a shred of legitimacy. And honestly you should be ashamed of yourself for continually spreading such nonsense, and sounding like a spoiled three year old whose older brother beat him at Mario Kart.

The third sentence says it all........

Reactions: mbdfan
Mountie your talking about 130 years ago. Come on man.
Give us a Link to our enrollment in 1890 please. We are not talking about the Robbinsville blue devils.

Right. We are talking about Murphy. But you keep wanting to bring up Tri County Early College and Oaks Academy. Graham County has a population of roughly 8800, with 22% being under the age of 18. Doing some quick math, that comes to 1936 children. For each year that comes to roughly 108 children, per grade, not counting ages 0-4. Now if you have roughly 108 per grade, 9th-12th grade, that comes out to 432 students that should be attending high school. But yet, you only have 361 as of last year. Where are those lost students? Ya'll dont even have an early college to blame. Looks to me like Dee Walsh is cooking the books to keep Robbinsville from getting too big.

Thats dumb as helk. Neither number makes a difference. Your terrible at this.

Reactions: mrbud
Well, for the past umpteen years, more than I can count, I have always pulled for whichever team came from the mountains in the playoffs, as long as Mitchell was eliminated. But, I am just before changing all that due to a couple of folks. (Not that anyone cares),At this point, Go Mountaineers, and Go Dogs. Just gonna have a hard time pulling for the knights. I stayed and cheered for them a few years back in Winston, but not sure now. Probably would because the kids have nothing to due with this cat fight.

Again, Go Mountaineers & Dogs

All schools in the county have kids that have chosen to attend the EC, or have been moved to the Oaks. Do you really think this is some kind of conspiracy on Murphy and the CCSB's part? By your logic, Murphy should count every student that attends EC or the Oaks, even though they are separate institutions, but all the other schools in the county shouldn't. Maybe kids attending these schools do drop Murphy's numbers, but that is also the case for the other schools in the county as well, and still has nothing to do with any conspiracy or sneaky "football beneficial" intent. They are doing nothing any different, and are playing by the same rules as the other two high schools in the county. If it happens to work out that way, oh well, it just is what it is, and the rules here are the same for every school.
Thank you for this. I try to stay out of this every year battle and they were a time years ago I questioned this issue because it was new. I know for a fact you know !! One thing people should think about. Our County school system is made up of 3 high schools and each district is represented by a member on the school board, heck even the Superintendent is a Andrews graduate. Don’t you know if something was going on shady that the school board members from Andrews or Hiwassee Dam would be all over it. They would call it out immediately !! So rest easy everyone, NOTHING IS GOING ON !

Murphy is not afraid of no one ,they have proven it over the years. As for the playoffs no one is beating tarboro in 1aa. If Murphy plays 1a its over for everyone else.

So Murphy should count every student in every school in Cherokee County as their own? Got it.
murphy won't even count the alternative kids, everybody knows what you all are doing. The football world has given up on murphy playing a fair game, go ahead and play down, just know that all the 1a titles you like to brag about winning have came to you because you can't win if you play schools your size.

As has been mentioned many many times, NO ONE counts alternative kids.

I give up and moving on to another topic, oh wait, every topic ends up the same way.

GO Mountaineers

Reactions: NC nole fan
murphy won't even count the alternative kids, everybody knows what you all are doing. The football world has given up on murphy playing a fair game, go ahead and play down, just know that all the 1a titles you like to brag about winning have came to you because you can't win if you play schools your size.

I don't know why I even respond why would we count the alternative school kids they are not all from Murphy . This is a second chance school to keep these kids from dropping out of school and out of our judicial system. You realize what the next step is? They do good things to turn these kids around get a GED and get their priorities/life in order so they can be a productive member of society.

It's been there for over 20 years and some great people have worked with those kids. They care about them and want them to succeed and be productive members of society.

Why does bk and 20 care so much about Murphy? It's not like Robbinsville doesn't have 6 MORE titles than Murphy... With all the good conspiracies out there, you'd think that they'd have a better one yo talk about. Sasquatch, aliens, helk, even these fake bombs democrats sent to themselves 2 weeks before an election...

It’s a competition between them to see how many replies they get. If you ignore maybe it goes away

Reactions: dmcamp
Cry me a river,

I don't know why I even respond why would we count the alternative school kids they are not all from Murphy . This is a second chance school to keep these kids from dropping out of school and out of our judicial system. You realize what the next step is? They do good things to turn these kids around get a GED and get their priorities/life in order so they can be a productive member of society.

It's been there for over 20 years and some great people have worked with those kids. They care about them and want them to succeed and be productive members of society.
Are these kids ever brought back to the schools they get kicked out of, or are barred forever?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT