ADVERTISEMENT

1-A and 1-AA playoffs predictions

Are these kids ever brought back to the schools they get kicked out of, or are barred forever?

Do u not know how to read mbdfan gave u a recent example. Yes when I was in highschool some kids were sent there their freshmen year and returned to graduate with us. It's up to the kids whether they can return to their respective schools. These are kids with truancy problems , legal problems , extreme grade problems, and behavioral issues at school.

If they get their act right and their grades right they absolutely come back.

It's about alot more than stupid football .

Reactions: mbdfan
Do u not know how to read mbdfan gave u a recent example. Yes when I was in highschool some kids were sent there their freshmen year and returned to graduate with us. It's up to the kids whether they can return to their respective schools. These are kids with truancy problems , legal problems , extreme grade problems, and behavioral issues at school.

If they get their act right and their grades right they absolutely come back.

It's about alot more than stupid football .
What I was wanting to know is does murphy count them when they come back or do they somehow slip thru the cracks and aren't counted. That is probably where the discrepancy in numbers comes from

If Mitchell really has 500 students I would say there is a good chance they are going to be big, will be close though I'd say.

I'm hearing numbers that are from 460-525. My mom doesn't work there anymore, so I don't get the inside dirt anymore... I have no clue. We were 489 last year, I think the 3rd biggest 1a team, so it will be close. Right now Mitchell will be a 2 seed in either bracket.

1. How about you Ccod answering the question does murphy ever let their alternative school kids come back to school at murphy?
Still again,. Worry about your team, but at least Cherokee donated yal sum money for bleachers

Reactions: BravesGWY
As of now Mitchell would have the 2 seed in 1aa, what team would stand in their way of the western final? North Stanly? East Surry?
North Stanly with their skill speed would be a much tougher matchup for Mitchell than East Surry. Not saying E Surry doesn't have some speed, but they dont have anything like Davis, Rhone and Rush.

Last edited:
Does Robbinsville count alternative kids?

Why isnt alternatives kids inside Murphy high school? Just asking. Why dont they get a chance to be rehabilitated and come back to murphy. Or can they?

Murphy fans want to be small A. They will not admit it but its so obvious. The get mad if anyone put them in 1aa bracket.

Murphy has to count alternative kids if they are in their district regardless if they are at their school or not. Also any EC kids. They have to period. If not they would be flirting with some real violations as would anyone else

Murphy has to count alternative kids if they are in their district regardless if they are at their school or not. Also any EC kids. They have to period. If not they would be flirting with some real violations as would anyone else
Are you kidding, murphy don't count either group, that's how they wind up in the little a bracket

Reactions: BK13T-$
Both the early college and The Oaks (alternative school) are seperate entities from Murphy High School. The early college doesn’t only have kids from Murphy, they have kids from Andrews, Hiwassee Dam and Hayesville. Those kids apply and are accepted to their school. They are an entirely different school and have their own athletics. The Oaks is in the same way their own school system with their own funding. None of the students that attend those schools step foot in Murphy High school or participate in athletics at Murphy High School! Being from Hayesville you should know I am not a big fan of Murphy but please give it a rest on their enrollment. They don’t have to now or will they ever have to count students that do not attend their school. Not only does the state monitor their numbers but the local government as well due to budget reasons and concerns. They aren’t breaking any rules! Please stop all this jibberish about the schools!

Folks you've had both Andrews and Hayesville alumni back up and verify everything Murphy posters have said all along about the early college and alternative school. Please move on from this topic.

Folks you've had both Andrews and Hayesville alumni back up and verify everything Murphy posters have said all along about the early college and alternative school. Please move on from this topic.
My gosh, don’t they think if they were anything to it they would have caught it by now !!! How many years has this argument been goin on now.

Reactions: Smctrain and mbdfan

Some people will always choose ignorance over intelligence......

Reactions: mbdfan
Yeeeeees!!!.Watchin you SMC guys implode is totally epic and is one for the ages. All for a small 1a title. LOL, this does us outsiders some good!!!! Go Murphy bring it home.!! Robbinsville posters quit all the crying. You act like you have no shot at the title. You have talked up the plethora of good backs and linemen you have. Now, just make it happen and be glad both of you guys are in small 1a, because neither have a shot in big 1a. That's not intended as disrespect. Barring injury, or an epic meltdown, no one is beating Mt.Airy, in Mt.Airy, during the playoffs this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: sbbbfan
I think the same two posters from Robbinsville that won’t shut up about numbers are the same two that have always drug it through the mud to the point that no one cares to even post or reply to them because it shows just how ignorant they really are. Those two do not represent the rest of us posters from here. Good luck to all in the playoffs and there is nothing I would like more than to travel to Murphy and play them in them in the 3rd or 4th round if we were to make it that far. If it was to be anything like the first game it would be great to watch again no matter the outcome

I don't think I've said anything negative on this page. A week ago maybe one thing.
But go ahead and name call.

So Andrew's, HD, and Hayesville don't have an alternative school.
That's odd

Small 1A or Big 1A whoever draws MICS is getting smacked in the mouth. A hard matchup In these playoffs for anybody. Murphy, Mitchell, Mount Airy, or Tarboro all would be in trouble. Tja knows they escaped by the skin on their teeth.

Trash small 1A all you want, but last time I checked a single small 1A trophy is all Mt Airy has at the 1A level.

Mt. Airy took a page out of the Murphy playbook. In the battle of tallest midgets who gets the trophy? Neither Murphy or Mt. Airy have EVER played any team of consequence outside their divisions. NEVER. Both do all they can to keep the numbers low for the playoffs. They both load up on talent from other schools legally, thump their chests every season about how dominant of programs they have all the while the rest of the state knows full well how they have accomplished their many achievements. But go ahead, keep thinking that just because you win you are respected. Trust me, no one will tell you any different outside your fan base. Outside of that....well....that's a totally different story.

Reactions: rville20
they both load up on talent from other schools legally
I would love to know who all this talent Murphy has loaded up on is. I cant think of a single member of Murphy's football team who wasn't at Murphy High from 9th grade on. Two kids that I can think of that moved to Murphy in middle school, if thats loading up then Murphy isnt very good at it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT