ADVERTISEMENT

1-A and 1-AA playoffs predictions

Avoid them 2?? If we get buys till state game we may make it, besides that we can't avoid everybody!!

Obviously i know we cant avoid everyone. But in this bracket we have west columbus 1st rd...elkin 2nd rd...both winnable games.

My bad kw!!! Hope we pull an upset somewhere!!! I'm gonna watch tarboro sometime this year!!

I’m just going off the numbers that your school has been reporting And Murphy May have 480 kids and once again how did you go from 530 the end of last year all the way to 480 .onc again I just stating my opinion not trying to ruffle feathers we will get the numbers soon enough and if Murphy goes small I will be happy for yall
Alternative school

rville20, you are one intentionally ignorant and jealous soul
Nope your wrong CatDad, I've just been around a long time. I find it funny murphy plays down trying to win a state ship,(they started doing this in the 70's) when everybody west of Waynesville knows murphy is really a 2A size school. All you have to do is look at the size of the town of murphy compared to Andrews, Robbinsville, Swain and all the little towns in the east, to realize what they are doing. They know they can't compete with anyone above little A, so they move kids to EC, and the alternative school until they have numbers to play in the little A bracket. As far as me being jealous, you couldn't be farther from the truth, in my high school days, only 1, 1A team gave us a loss, and it for sure wasn't murphy.

Reactions: Swo_05
As far as me being jealous, you couldn't be farther from the truth, in my high school days, only 1, 1A team gave us a loss, and it for sure wasn't murphy.
Murphy was 13-7 against Robbinsville from 1960 to 1980. Nobody cares if you beat some bad Murphy teams while the worst coach in school history was coaching them.

Nope your wrong CatDad, I've just been around a long time. I find it funny murphy plays down trying to win a state ship,(they started doing this in the 70's) when everybody west of Waynesville knows murphy is really a 2A size school. All you have to do is look at the size of the town of murphy compared to Andrews, Robbinsville, Swain and all the little towns in the east, to realize what they are doing. They know they can't compete with anyone above little A, so they move kids to EC, and the alternative school until they have numbers to play in the little A bracket. As far as me being jealous, you couldn't be farther from the truth, in my high school days, only 1, 1A team gave us a loss, and it for sure wasn't murphy.
I don’t have a dog in this hunt but if the dpi is reporting one thing and 75 percent of the schools first month adm matches up with Nchssaa and the rest the numbers don’t match up I have a problem that is my tax money.

Reactions: BK13T-$ and Swo_05

Seriously? This material should be delivered immediately to the comedy catch in Chattanooga. I hear they are hiring......

Reactions: Swo_05 and mbdfan
Why does every thread have to turn into a Tarboro is going to win every championship for infinity and Murphy fudges the ADMs. Every thread gets hijaked with the same old junk. I swear some of you are incapable of producing a post without falling back to the same old junk that’s been said a million times already. Tarboro is GOOD and Murphy’s ADMs fluctuat more from year to year then anyone else in the state. We get it!!! Good grief!

Last edited:
Murphy was 13-7 against Robbinsville from 1960 to 1980. Nobody cares if you beat some bad Murphy teams while the worst coach in school history was coaching them.
It is plain to see all former murphy players are ok with murphy playing down to try and win a state ship, but the rest of the former players in the 1A know the truth. murphy has had 1AA or 2A numbers since the 70's, that's why you all have been the laughing stock of the state ship scene since the change from 1A to 2A. Everybody knows you all can't compete in the bracket you belong in.

It is plain to see all former murphy players are ok with murphy playing down to try and win a state ship, but the rest of the former players in the 1A know the truth. murphy has had 1AA or 2A numbers since the 70's, that's why you all have been the laughing stock of the state ship scene since the change from 1A to 2A. Everybody knows you all can't compete in the bracket you belong in.

Keep on trying....... I gotta say the humor has been top notch. I will give you that much.

rville20, you are one intentionally ignorant and jealous soul
I’m not jealous or ignorant but Murphy does not play by the same rules every body else does and don’t care what Murphy does
Why does every thread have to turn into a Tarboro is going to win every championship for infinity and Murphy fudges the ADMs. Every thread gets hijaked with the same old junk. I swear some of you are incapable of producing a post without falling back to the same old junk that’s been said a million times already. Tarboro is GOOD and Murphy’s ADMs fluctuat more from year to year then anyone else in the state. We get it!!! Good grief!
You don’t have to read it if it bothers you then there is some chance it is the truth

Reactions: rville20
Murphy was 2A in the '70s you moron and won two 2A titles. Murphy dropped down in the '80s just like Swain did because they increased the size of 1A.

Last edited:
Murphy does not play by the same rules every body else does
Not true. Do you think Cherokee County is the only county in the state with an early college? Polk County has one, Mitchell County has one, Edgecombe County has one. Polk County and Tarboro would still be 2A without an early college and Mitchell would be 1AA. In 2A Macon County and Jackson County have early colleges, Franklin and Smoky Mtn would be 3A schools without it. But you never here about any of that, just a bunch of ignorance from a handful of Murphy haters.

Reactions: MHS-88
According to NCDPI it says Murphy has 522. Big fr and sophomore classes of 144, junior is 123, senior is 111. Small middle school classes coming

Not true. Do you think Cherokee County is the only county in the state with an early college? Polk County has one, Mitchell County has one, Edgecombe County has one. Polk County and Tarboro would still be 2A without an early college and Mitchell would be 1AA. In 2A Macon County and Jackson County have early colleges, Franklin and Smoky Mtn would be 3A schools without it. But you never here about any of that, just a bunch of ignorance from a handful of Murphy haters.

MBD,

My understanding is numerous counties have early colleges and they are there own separate institutions within that system with their own ADM. The home school that those students come from is irrelevant because those students are part of the early college ADM. is this how it works in your county?

Reactions: mbdfan
MBD,

My understanding is numerous counties have early colleges and they are there own separate institutions within that system with their own ADM. The home school that those students come from is irrelevant because those students are part of the early college ADM. is this how it works in your county?
Yes that is how it works in our county, the early college here is Tri County Early College and they even have their own sports teams.

Reactions: PigskinPicker01
Murphy was 2A in the '70s you moron and won two 2A titles. Murphy dropped down in the '80s just like Swain did because they increased the size of 1A.

Murphy has had a great program but it’s an entirely different ball game now brother. I’ve seen Reidsville and they are unreal. And their are some other great teams in 2A. Football has really risen in this state and it’s due to the population boom, Panthers, added emphasis. Ask SC how it’s shaking out for them now in the Shrine Bowl

Tarboro is gonna get upset because we're talking about them? That's....interesting.

Murphy has had a great program but it’s an entirely different ball game now brother. I’ve seen Reidsville and they are unreal. And their are some other great teams in 2A. Football has really risen in this state and it’s due to the population boom, Panthers, added emphasis. Ask SC how it’s shaking out for them now in the Shrine Bowl
I don't disagree with any of that Griddie. But Murphy is a 1A school (rightfully so) whether rville20 and a couple others like it or not. I just find the attacks on Murphy amusing when you have schools in 1A like Mt Airy, Tarboro and Albemarle that are part of city school systems with 10,000 plus people and yet rville20 and a couple others are complaining about Murphy being 1A, a school that draws from a town with 1,600 people and the rural communities surrounding it.

Last edited:
I never said that and don’t know how that got up there’s

I don't disagree with any of that Griddie. But Murphy is a 1A school (rightfully so) whether rville20 and a couple others like it or not. I just find the attacks on Murphy amusing when you have schools in 1A like Mt Airy, Tarboro and Albemarle that are part of city school systems with 10,000 plus people and yet rville20 and a couple others are complaining about Murphy being 1A, a school that draws from a town with 1,600 people and the rural communities surrounding it.
Really

Oh I agree. And a great program. I was on the sidelines of playoff games last year and the character and manners of the kids were first class. When you have character and discipline to go with good athletes and a HOF coach then that adds up to a lot of wins

Reactions: Swo_05 and mbdfan
Yes that is how it works in our county, the early college here is Tri County Early College and they even have their own sports teams.
No in sampson county what is reported on your first month adm is what the nchssaa use on there end no funny business or discussion or confusion you worry about the early college and dropout at the end not the first month clear differences between speculation on what may happen and what is there

So you are now saying everything I have been saying is true, murphy plays down trying to get an advantage over the schools with numbers in the 1A class knowing all the time if it wasn't for the EC and the alternative school murphy would have to play in a class with Tarboro or maybe a team in 2A

It's the same here, just like every other county in the state. Dont let rville20 and his conspiracy theories lead you to believe otherwise.
does anybody else in the SMC use that rule to get an advantage over the rest of the teams?

So you are now saying everything I have been saying is true, murphy plays down trying to get an advantage over the schools with numbers in the 1A class knowing all the time if it wasn't for the EC and the alternative school murphy would have to play in a class with Tarboro or maybe a team in 2A
thats not remotely what i said, but nice spin.

Dead horse. At least spice it up with fresh headlines:

- Murphy hand picks their own referees, all Murphy natives!
- Murphy’s scoreboard is rigged to give home team at least 40!
- Murphy frequently plays a 4-4, cover 4 defense and nobody notices!
- Murphy’s girl kickers are actually sorceresses that curse the other team’s pregame meal!
- Murphy’s locker room air freshener scent is called “what the Rock is cooking,” and they smell it!
- Gary Thompson does shots of Hair Club for Men on the sidelines for every OL pancake, inspiring his guys to play way way harder!

Would you use the word advantage for the early college situation in these areas across the state? They may be to strong a word. I understand those kids can’t play sports for the local hs but how often are this schools losing football players? Is Tarboro playing with 2a-2aa football players in 1aa?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT