ADVERTISEMENT

Western Alamance at Reidsville

FBCapitolofNC

Nov 4, 2013
No one has jumped in the pool yet. I haven't heard much about WA this summer. Simmons has us laying 21 pts. Thoughts?
Good luck to everyone tomorrow night and season!

With the rams injuries, I think that hopefully will be about right.

I just know Western has a pretty good Qb.

Reidsville survived 36-28 ... it was a 14-12 Ram lead going into the fourth quarter but the Warriors went up 20-14 with 10:24 left. The Rams came right back to take a 28-20 lead on Al Lee's TD passes to Kendre Harrison and Cam Jones but Western tied it on James Newton's 85-yard catch and run on a pass from Evan Kuehnel. Reidsville then got the go-ahead TD on a Lee's third TD pass of the fourth quarter, this one an 11-yarder to Harrison. The game ended with Western inside the red zone.
Kuehnel passed for more than 400 yards and Newton had more than 300 yards receiving.

I am undecided whether the Rams miss Flippen and Neal more on offense or defense.

Give Coach Eric Teague credit for deciding to turn Kendre Harrison loose and feed him the ball in the fourth quarter. WA had no answer for him.

And the Rams defense had zero answers for the Warriors passing game.

I fully believe we were being conservative not trying to show anything at first. We def miss them more on defense. All that wouldn't have happened with them being back there. Redd being out hurt as well, as he could start at safety or olb and help spell cobb. Cobb was also dominant.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
I am undecided whether the Rams miss Flippen and Neal more on offense or defense.

Give Coach Eric Teague credit for deciding to turn Kendre Harrison loose and feed him the ball in the fourth quarter. WA had no answer for him.

And the Rams defense had zero answers for the Warriors passing game.

Also, give credit to Westerns coach snuffer, he realized flip and neal were missing at some point and exploited it.

Also, give credit to Westerns coach snuffer, he realized flip and neal were missing at some point and exploited it.
Exactly, I told mule tonight is the night to throw on us . But we fought and kept grinding. Lee threw some great passes under pressure in the 4th. Also Kendre had a 88 yd TD called back on bogus flag after he scored the TD. Plus we recovered a fumble where ref threw the beam bag then said qb was in the grasp. While he was fighting foward for extra yards.

Exactly, I told mule tonight is the night to throw on us . But we fought and kept grinding. Lee threw some great passes under pressure in the 4th. Also Kendre had a 88 yd TD called back on bogus flag after he scored the TD. Plus we recovered a fumble where ref threw the beam bag then said qb was in the grasp. While he was fighting foward for extra yards.

A lot of weird flags. Just glad to get out with a win. I'm hoping we get at least one of the two back this week.

Total Yards ... Western 560, Reidsville 362
Total offensive plays: Western 75, Reidsville 48

Western QB Evan Kuehnel 26 of 48 for 515 yards and 3 TDs.
WR James Newton 12 receptions for 304 yards and 2 TDs.

Reidsville's Al Lee was 14 of 24 for 169 yards and 3 TDs (all in fourth quarter)
Kendre Harrison 5 catches for 88 yards and 2 TDs.
Cam Jones 5 receptions for 62 yards, 1 TD.

Jariel Cobb 12 rushes, 165 yards.

Last edited:
Total Yards ... Western 560, Reidsville 362
Total offensive plays: Western 75, Reidsville 48

Western QB Evan Kuehnel 26 of 48 for 515 yards and 3 TDs.
WR James Newton 12 receptions for 304 yards and 2 TDs.

Reidsville's Al Lee was 14 of 24 for 169 yards and 3 TDs.
Kendre Harrison 5 catches for 88 yards and 2 TDs.
Cam Jones 5 receptions for 62 yards'

Jariel Cobb 12 rushes, 165 yards.
Amazing that the Rams were able to win with those stats.

Got to be a record offensive output against a Reidsville defense.

Reactions: Rammer16
Amazing that the Rams were able to win with those stats.

Got to be a record offensive output against a Reidsville defense.
Passing yards for sure. Can't remember how many yards Boaz threw against Rams in the 55-49 shootout (only loss of the season) with East Surry in 2019.

Plus we recovered a fumble where ref threw the beam bag then said qb was in the grasp. While he was fighting foward for extra yards.
If he was in the grasp on that play why wasn't he in the grasp 3 or 4 other times when he threw he ball away?

Reactions: Rammer16
I was surprised at this score as it was being posted on here, but was unaware of Flip and Neal being out. Never questioned that you guys would rally and win. But, when is the last time Reidsville lost their opening game? I’m sure it was many moons ago.

I was surprised at this score as it was being posted on here, but was unaware of Flip and Neal being out. Never questioned that you guys would rally and win. But, when is the last time Reidsville lost their opening game? I’m sure it was many moons ago.
Reidsville defense showed a lot of heart staying on the field that long (remember that a lot of those guys also played offense) ... Western was turned away in the red zone at least two times in the game.

Rams don't have a lot of depth, something Western Alamance had a huge advantage in. It was a long game (lot of incomplete passes and ref huddles) and some of the guys were cramping in the second half.

Reactions: Lion Attack
What a dog fight. Rams have to get healthy soon.

Westerns Qb is the real deal
QB is Evan Kuehnel ... 6-4, 210 senior. Also a standout in lacrosse.
Star receiver James Newton, a junior ... 5-9, 175 and extremely fast.

Passing yards for sure. Can't remember how many yards Boaz threw against Rams in the 55-49 shootout (only loss of the season) with East Surry in 2019.
According to the NCHSAA record book (which hasn't been kept up to date for a while), the most yards receiving in a game is 372. Newton's 304 would be No. 6 on that list. The 515 passing yards would be in top 15 in state records.

Coincidentally it was probably against western the last time we lost an opening game, maybe about 10 years ago.

That was an old school western reidsville game, we played pretty conservative up until it was obvious we could lose.

We will be in another dog fight next week

Reactions: Lion Attack
If he was in the grasp on that play why wasn't he in the grasp 3 or 4 other times when he threw he ball away?
Exactly what I was saying. Anyone with eyes knows that something was off about the calls or non calls all going against Reidsville. WA had at least 10 delay of games by 3 seconds or more that weren’t called. 2 fumbles we recovered that somehow ruled down after refs signal our ball. Called illegal touching and took a down from us when the call should have been illegal formation if it was a penalty at all. But credit to the rams for finding away when nothing seemed to go their way.

Coincidentally it was probably against western the last time we lost an opening game, maybe about 10 years ago.

That was an old school western reidsville game, we played pretty conservative up until it was obvious we could lose.

We will be in another dog fight next week
Next week game won’t last over 3 hours lol I drove from Wilmington to come to the game and told wife I’d be back by 1 am. 2:30 am comes and I’m just getting back to Wilmington . Oh well it was worth it haha

Amazing what an early start and steady flow does to game duration. Clinton game started at 7 and was over at 9:10. This game had 6 minutes left in the third quarter.

Amazing what an early start and steady flow does to game duration. Clinton game started at 7 and was over at 9:10. This game had 6 minutes left in the third quarter.
Think about it takes a while when a team throws for five football fields of yardage.

watched some film and saw at least 2 fumbles that the Western QB lost and somehow the ref gave the ball back to the Warriors..........that being said tho....no way should a team give up over 500 yds thru the air...........geez.......

I'm sure couple those passes would have been pick 6 with Neal and Flippen

Yeah, and another guy tore his acl. So essentially the whole secondary was out. We have one of the best secondaries in the state when healthy.

But still I think everyone was still disappointed in that performance.

watched some film and saw at least 2 fumbles that the Western QB lost and somehow the ref gave the ball back to the Warriors..........that being said tho....no way should a team give up over 500 yds thru the air...........geez.......

Yeah some of the calls, int called back, a few delay of games missed, td called back, fumbles missed and somehow we lost a down.

Yeah some of the calls, int called back, a few delay of games missed, td called back, fumbles missed and somehow we lost a down.
Yea idk what the state can do to fix this crap we call officiating but it’s terrible. When a guy is standing straight up and fumbles and you say his knee was down then something has to be done. Or when it’s 5 seconds over on a delay and not called continuously. These calls can cost games and playoff seedlings. But they did what they needed to to keep game interesting. I’m good with it until playoff time. Then I don’t want to see it at all

The officiating was... Interesting... Contradictory... Not the best Ive witnessed.

Aside from that, my comment of "never seen a jump shot translate to football success" stands true.
Lol, without those jump shooters Reidsville would be 0-1

Yea idk what the state can do to fix this crap we call officiating but it’s terrible. When a guy is standing straight up and fumbles and you say his knee was down then something has to be done. Or when it’s 5 seconds over on a delay and not called continuously. These calls can cost games and playoff seedlings. But they did what they needed to to keep game interesting. I’m good with it until playoff time. Then I don’t want to see it at all
The problem is the lack of officials. Some teams may be forced to play on Thursday nights. Very few good officials out there. And the problem will probably get worst before it get any better.

The problem is the lack of officials. Some teams may be forced to play on Thursday nights. Very few good officials out there. And the problem will probably get worst before it get any better.
Well il try not to scream too much in your ears next game Mule. But I also can’t promise to be in my best behavior lol but if something obvious happens I won’t be able to handle it. But il try to expect the worst each week

my grandson's are in high school...235 miles east of here.....Croatan high school.......located between Morehead City and Swansboro....they are 3-A....my oldest is a junior and starting linebacker....they beat Washington High School this past friday 21-6..........so until later I'll be no shows for the Rams games....followed on rockinghamupdate last friday//////////in the fourth game of Croatan's season they will host East Duplin......guess we know about them...................

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT