ADVERTISEMENT

Undefeated Bunker Hill @ Reidsville

I can tell you one thing about this team they block out the outside noise and just focus on playing bunker hill football
I just want a good game. I am not knocking the Bunker Hill success. I Just know Reidsville has been in the big games before. This stage will not faze them one bit. I hope Bunker Hill can step up to the challenge. Its not the noise, but the whispers that you don't hear!

Before the season began I had Reidsville going all the way to win the State. Which still can happen. I notice Bunker Hill roster shows them having some big linemen. Will be interesting. May the best team win. Should be a good physical game.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Thank you, my friend, for the response. I looked at those rankings before posting and can't help believing it's nothing more than a reaction to a Reidsville hiccup against Eastern Alamance. I'd pay much closer attention to you saying you believe, at least to some extent, the Rams are actual underdogs, and it wouldn't be fair to ask you to do that. Right now, just guessing, Reidsville fans after seeing these polls are rubbing their chins thinking "Hmmm, this ought to be interesting. We'll show them".
I envy both teams, playing on Thanksgiving week. In my world it doesn't get much better.
I know you are out in your front yard howling for them bears

ALERT
TOP STORY
HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS
Bunker Hill stops 2-point conversion, tops Monroe

Jason Koon
Nov 18, 2023

CLAREMONT -- Bunker Hill grabbed a 24-23 win over the Monroe Red Hawks Friday night in
Claremont. With the win, the Bears move on to the 2A west regional semifinals. With the score deadlocked at 17 in the final period, Bunker Hill running back Jason Willis Jr. broke loose for a 42-yard touchdown run. The score and the extra point put the Bears up by seven with 9:11 remaining. The Bears then turned to the defense to win the game. Monroe drove from midfield down to the Bunker Hill 3-yard line. This set up a third and goal with 32 seconds left. Monroe scored on that play and cut the Bunker Hill lead to a single point. Rather than settle for a shot at an overtime win, Monroe opted to go for the two-point conversion. The pass from Red Hawks quarterback Kaegan Chambers fell incomplete. Bunker Hill recovered the ensuing onside kick, and the Bears survived with a 24-23 win.

Coming up big
Much of Bunker Hill’s success early in the season came in big wins. The Bears routinely routed
outmatched opponents in the first half and then let the running clock cement the victory. It even
happened in their first-round playoff matchup, a 54-point win over East Rutherford.
However, the last two games have forced Bunker Hill to come up with gritty wins in tough
circumstances. Last week against Burns, it was an interception which finally put an end to the Bulldogs' season. This week's game was closer. The Bears had to shut down Monroe's two-point conversion attempt or watch the season come to a sudden end.

Toughing it out
Perhaps nobody epitomizes Bunker Hill’s gritty determination more than standout running back Jason Willis Jr. In the first half, Willis Jr. went down with an injury. He had to be helped off the field and, a few minutes later, helped back to the locker room. Without Willis on the field, Monroe scored twice, erasing Bunker Hill’s early 14-0 lead and tying the game. Willis walked back on the field for the next Bunker Hill possession. He ran the ball 28 and then 17 yards to set up an Alan Bahena Soto field goal attempt. The kick was good, and Bunker Hill was back on top 17-14.
Willis Jr. went down again in the fourth quarter. This time he left under his own power. Two minutes later he returned and broke loose for his 42-yard, go-ahead touchdown run. Willis Jr. finished with 178 yards on 33 carries. He now has 2,269 rushing yards and 34 touchdowns on
the season.

Up next
The Bears will travel to Reidsville (12-1) to face the west region’s top-seeded Rams next Friday.
Reidsville comes into the game having won nine straight including four of their last six victories coming by at least 40 points.

Jason Koon is the Sports Editor for the Hickory Record and can be reached at jason.koon@lee.net. Follow Jason on Twitter @JasonKoon035.

Could this be you don’t want a possible 4th matchup with Reidsville lol
Nah, I have your Rams winning it all this year. Your team is on fire now that Flippen and the others have come back. See over here in the east it’s Clinton and all us peasants. Our local talent won’t be enough to overcome the influx of talent coming into Sampson County.

I know you are out in your front yard howling for them bears
My friend, if you tell me to get out in the front yard and howl I'll do it, even at the risk of getting thrown in the nursing home. If anybody loves their team and believes in them, you do. I just hope you get to make the trip Reidsville. It's a bit long but an easy drive. You'll like community Stadium, the terrain around it is flat. Also, the people there seem to be cordial.

I was wondering if this is the first time Bunker Hill has played on Thanksgiving week. If it is, this will be one special week for you. All the best to BH. Really happy for you and the Bears.

My friend, if you tell me to get out in the front yard and howl I'll do it, even at the risk of getting thrown in the nursing home. If anybody loves their team and believes in them, you do. I just hope you get to make the trip Reidsville. It's a bit long but an easy drive. You'll like community Stadium, the terrain around it is flat. Also, the people there seem to be cordial.

I was wondering if this is the first time Bunker Hill has played on Thanksgiving week. If it is, this will be one special week for you. All the best to BH. Really happy for you and the Bears.
Oh I’m 100% making the trip can’t miss a game of my brothers senior year

lol...elevation of Reidsville is around 900 feet....so I wouldn't call the land flat....my grandsons play for Croatan h.s. (near Morehead city)....now that is flat!!

Home side and main parking lot are on a hill. New concession stand on the visitors side. Will be meeting my friend who's a Bunker Hill supporter.

Last edited:
lol...elevation of Reidsville is around 900 feet....so I wouldn't call the land flat....my grandsons play for Croatan h.s. (near Morehead city)....now that is flat!!
rambbq, I meant the area around the stadium. Here, there is a hill behind the school. To get to the stadium you have to go over the hill or drive around it and the stadium is at the bottom of the hill opposite the school. The road to our stadium is crooked with hills, and you drive down a bank to park on the practice field which is used for parking. The topography of Reidsville and Rockingham County reminds me of here. I use U.S. 158 from Winston-Salem to Reidsville. The outlay along that route looks like the West Lincoln area.

;)

announcer addresses the rams fans

Chopper, my Mother was born in 1913, and lived to be a month shy of her 94th birthday. She went to work in a cotton mill as a child and had only finished the fifth grade, but she was very sensible; that is until the WWE came on (The wrestling). The older she got the worse she got. She couldn't hear much and refused a hearing aid, so I bought a really large Sony TV with huge built in speakers. BIG, BIG mistake!

When wrestling came on she would turn the volume to Max., all the way up. These young guys with the high dollar stereo and woofer systems that rattle windows would have fell short of her. I would go into the basement to try and get away from it but it came through the hardwood floor. You could easily hear it out in the street.

The last few years of her life they would have Michael Buffer on for main events. When he did his routine her hands would shake and her breathing would get rapid and choppy and she would get so wound-up she couldn't sit still and would stumble around. I was always so afraid she would have a stroke or heart attack, so I talked with her doctor, who said, given her age she would be more likely to have an event if I tried to keep her from watching it... I miss her every day but not WWE, So just wanted to say thanks for the memories.

I remember Bunker Hill having some good teams from way back. But this may be one of the best teams they ever had. BH fans can correct me on that.

So far on the season....Bunker-Hill has scored 543 points (41.7 ppg avg.) and has given up 183 points (14 ppg. avg.) Reidsville has scored 531 points (40.8 ppg.avg.) and given up 161 points (12.3 ppg. avg.).......according to most of the computers numbers crunched B-H will be a 6 or 7 point favorite to win......Reidsville will be a rare home underdog.....Reidsville stadium is a tough place usually for the visitor.....unfortunately looks like mother nature will be throwing a curve as the current forecast for friday is rain off and on......................

So far on the season....Bunker-Hill has scored 543 points (41.7 ppg avg.) and has given up 183 points (14 ppg. avg.) Reidsville has scored 531 points (40.8 ppg.avg.) and given up 161 points (12.3 ppg. avg.).......according to most of the computers numbers crunched B-H will be a 6 or 7 point favorite to win......Reidsville will be a rare home underdog.....Reidsville stadium is a tough place usually for the visitor.....unfortunately looks like mother nature will be throwing a curve as the current forecast for friday is rain off and on......................
Just give us from like 6pm to 11 pm no rain please

Reidsville may be the computer-based underdog, but everyone on these boards and at the game Friday knows that Reidsville is not the underdog.

Rain would definitely favor Bunker Hill.

According to B Panovich, rain will start as early tonight and could well rain even into Weds. Could see up to 1-3 inches of rain depending on where you are. But my phone is showing just cloudy for Friday which could change.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT