ADVERTISEMENT

Undefeated Bunker Hill @ Reidsville

Does anyone know about the Bunker Hill offense? Run? Pass?

Rams are susceptible to the run but you don't want to do much passing on them, particularly to the side where #15 hangs out.
Spread offense.... Willis main ball carrier *he is real good* They can throw it, and have a very good receiver as well

I watched them against Burns, among those three key skill position players personally I think their line play is what makes them go, their lines are good especially the defensive front.... 66 is a beast...

While personally I dont think they have the defense to stop the Rams enough to win, if they can get pressure on Lee they have a shot.....they keep proving folks wrong so maybe the stars align and they pull an upset, but I just dont see it happening

Spread offense.... Willis main ball carrier *he is real good* They can throw it, and have a very good receiver as well

I watched them against Burns, among those three key skill position players personally I think their line play is what makes them go, their lines are good especially the defensive front.... 66 is a beast...

While personally I dont think they have the defense to stop the Rams enough to win, if they can get pressure on Lee they have a shot.....they keep proving folks wrong so maybe the stars align and they pull an upset, but I just dont see it happening
Stop 5 and 4 for BH and you get the W. Pretty simple with me being in the stands

66 and 71 the haddock Brothers are the monsters of that team without them I don't think they're nearly as good as they are. Number five and number 13 are your ball carriers with number five being the main one. He's a fast slippery back when people wrap up a lot of times it just seems like they slide off of him.

At this point in the playoffs, all these teams are good and playing good football. Good teams can take away either the run or the pass, but few can do both. Teams need to be able to adapt to what is given them. Often times these adjustments are made in game. The better team in the 2nd half wins almost every time.

yeah the bears are very good in the trenches, but they also have depth issues there. That's how they beat Burns and Monroe

Saying goes the game is won in the trenches, but BH has to be faster than Reidsville in all phases to make this work.

Like I said, any team with the name Bunker Hill don't bet against them. They will pull the upset next week.
not sure it would be considered an upset...if you go by calpreps and maxpreps....Bunker Hill will be a 5 or 6 point favorite............saying that....it's usually pretty tough to beat Reidsville at home...in the last 10 years Reidsville has only lost at home 5 times...........2 of those were playoff losses (Shelby and Lincolnton)

That east surry team had a lot of div one talent. Monroe lost to the east surry’s with out boaz and gosnell etc
True, and Monroe had covid issues that year as well, I remember saying they wouldnt get pastround 2 with the personel they had.

That said, East Surry schemed well against both teams, the also beat Maiden that year they beat Monroe

Reidsville defensive line last year was the best I've ever seen in person at the high school level
Between Harrison and nycer they wrecked havoc. I feel like Bunker Hill this year is a mirror version of Maiden last year as in Maiden had a great passing attack in good running game last year... but Bunker Hill has a great running attack and a good passing attack.

Looks like the game plan for Bunker Hill will be to run the ball. And then run some more.

The Rams will most likely play Bunker Hill's primary receiver (#12) man up with Neal (#15) covering him. It is not a good idea to challenge Neal or he will eventually beat you as a DB or receiver.

This will be a rare occasion when the Rams will be a home underdog. Should be a great matchup.

These two teams are as evenly matched as you can get it. I love the left handed QB. He throws a good ball and he has a strong arm. The question is can Bunker Hill get through the week without hearing about the Reidsville tradition. Reidsville has all the stones.....LOL!

These two teams are as evenly matched as you can get it. I love the left handed QB. He throws a good ball and he has a strong arm. The question is can Bunker Hill get through the week without hearing about the Reidsville tradition. Reidsville has all the stones.....LOL!
I can tell you one thing about this team they block out the outside noise and just focus on playing bunker hill football

Looks like the game plan for Bunker Hill will be to run the ball. And then run some more.

The Rams will most likely play Bunker Hill's primary receiver (#12) man up with Neal (#15) covering him. It is not a good idea to challenge Neal or he will eventually beat you as a DB or receiver.

This will be a rare occasion when the Rams will be a home underdog. Should be a great matchup.
My friend, you as a skilled writer will know this word, "paradox". Here is my version of one: Even if Reidsville was an underdog at home they would still be favored.

Something else, unless you're a pessimist and a sandbagger, like me, there's no possible way you believe the Rams are underdogs at home.

My friend, you as a skilled writer will know this word, "paradox". Here is my version of one: Even if Reidsville was an underdog at home they would still be favored.

Something else, unless you're a pessimist and a sandbagger, like me, there's no possible way you believe the Rams are underdogs at home.
Calpreps, Massey, Simmons, and MaxPreps will all have Bunker Hill favored to win. And that is the classic definition of an underdog at home. :cool:

Are you going to make any playoff games this year? I always enjoy your posts.

Thank you, my friend, for the response. I looked at those rankings before posting and can't help believing it's nothing more than a reaction to a Reidsville hiccup against Eastern Alamance. I'd pay much closer attention to you saying you believe, at least to some extent, the Rams are actual underdogs, and it wouldn't be fair to ask you to do that. Right now, just guessing, Reidsville fans after seeing these polls are rubbing their chins thinking "Hmmm, this ought to be interesting. We'll show them".
I envy both teams, playing on Thanksgiving week. In my world it doesn't get much better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT