ADVERTISEMENT

Thomasville @ Mitchell Round 3

Lol do you even know your geography? Either way going to an unknown place with a different feel of atmosphere can change the rythm of the game. Dont get me wrong thomasville is a great team! But when you get to the 3rd round and up the teams are better for a reason. Winston salem prep said the same thing when they came up to the Mountain a few years back, and got beat. So who knows what this game will bring.

Getting to the 3rd round doesn't make a team great. I've seen many a team get cake walks this far like Mitchell, TJ, WSP and many others over the years. If Thomasville has half a defense they can beat Mitchell. Too easy to read their offense and they don't do too well with the pass. QB does a great job following blockers, but isn't that fast and 22 can be tough to bring down. Defense HAS to adjust to the shifting line. Their offense is simple, but effective.

Reactions: DaBluePrint1
WSP….ok,you don’t know to much about HS football do ya,you should feel honored that a program as storied as Thomasville would grace your football field…tradition matters
Could be. It's your typical 1a playoff matchup. Strength vs speed. I'd say if Mitchell's defense shows up like tonight, then Thomasville doesn't get more than 14.

Lol do you even know your geography? Either way going to an unknown place with a different feel of atmosphere can change the rythm of the game. Dont get me wrong thomasville is a great team! But when you get to the 3rd round and up the teams are better for a reason. Winston salem prep said the same thing when they came up to the Mountain a few years back, and got beat. So who knows what this game will bring.

Getting to the 3rd round doesn't make a team great. I've seen many a team get cake walks this far like Mitchell, TJ, WSP and many others over the years. If Thomasville has half a defense they can beat Mitchell. Too easy to read their offense and they don't do too well with the pass. QB does a great job following blockers, but isn't that fast and 22 can be tough to bring down. Defense HAS to adjust to the shifting line. Their offense is simple, but effective.
Salty...
You say the offense is easy to read, how did Swain allow 527 yards of offense? You say the passing wasn't good? 7-10/78 yards/1 td/0 int. Looks real bad... QB is slow? Why couldn't Swain catch him in the open field? Sour grapes man.

I seen what WRH did to Ledger in the state championship game,with their speed,looking like you were wearing cement blacks for cleats,I know it was not really that long ago,

WSP….ok,you don’t know to much about HS football do ya,you should feel honored that a program as storied as Thomasville would grace your football field…tradition matters
Thomasville has alot more hardware and tradition than Mitchell, but you have to remember, in the 10 years that Thomasville was at the bottom of the barrel, Mitchell emerged as a yearly contender in the playoffs. Thomasville hasn't been relative in over a decade. Those great old teams of the 00's are too far disconnected from this squad. This will surely be a good game, but Thomasville won't lay down after getting hit hard, and Mitchell sure won't step aside and watch the speed go by.

I guess Swain didn't have half a defense then huh lol

I seen what WRH did to Ledger in the state championship game,with their speed,looking like you were wearing cement blacks for cleats,I know it was not really that long ago,
Y’all aren’t wrh probably not even statesville.

Easy to say that after you got hammered. Swain didn’t stand a chance in that game. Defensive coordinator is not the only issue Swain has. They’ve not been the same since Patillo left. Mitchell beat you at your own game by running it down your throat.

Easy to say that after you got hammered. Swain didn’t stand a chance in that game. Defensive coordinator is not the only issue Swain has. They’ve not been the same since Patillo left. Mitchell beat you at your own game by running it down your throat.
Just like Murphy, Robbinsville and Cherokee did too. I wasn't shocked, and I'm sure you weren't either to see Mitchell run it.

Salty...
You say the offense is easy to read, how did Swain allow 527 yards of offense? You say the passing wasn't good? 7-10/78 yards/1 td/0 int. Looks real bad... QB is slow? Why couldn't Swain catch him in the open field? Sour grapes man.
Nah not salty one bit. Might even come back up and watch next week. I wouldn't say 7-10 for 78yds and a TD is exactly lighting it up. Remember one pass play was for 30ish of that yardage. So you had 6 passes for 48yds. Watch out record books and Boaz. Some records are about to be broken.

Nah not salty one bit. Might even come back up and watch next week. I wouldn't say 7-10 for 78yds and a TD is exactly lighting it up. Remember one pass play was for 30ish of that yardage. So you had 6 passes for 48yds. Watch out record books and Boaz. Some records are about to be broken.
I wasn't implying that they were big numbers, only that the passing game wasn't abysmal like you said. Mitchell didn't need it. But it's there when they do.

Thomasville has alot more hardware and tradition than Mitchell, but you have to remember, in the 10 years that Thomasville was at the bottom of the barrel, Mitchell emerged as a yearly contender in the playoffs. Thomasville hasn't been relative in over a decade. Those great old teams of the 00's are too far disconnected from this squad. This will surely be a good game, but Thomasville won't lay down after getting hit hard, and Mitchell sure won't step aside and watch the speed go by.
Relative??? Where do you see that - Bulldogs since 2008 only had 3 no-show years in the state playoffs, 14,17,19 -thomasville has never been bottom of the barrel. Keep looking ahead to robbinsville !!!

No one from Mitchell is overlooking a thomasville team that has been very successful not just in the past, but more importantly this year. When you look at the records of both teams. We both lost to a team we really should’ve have beaten. Other than that both have been solid. Looking forward to seeing you tville guys at the game.

No one from Mitchell is overlooking a thomasville team that has been very successful not just in the past, but more importantly this year. When you look at the records of both teams. We both lost to a team we really should’ve have beaten. Other than that both have been solid. Looking forward to seeing you tville guys at the game.
Look forward to the trip, good restaurants close by ??

Lol. Western sizzling will be the most popular response. I like city drive inn. IMO best burger and chicken wings around. Hefs is good too all those are in spruce pine. If you like Mexican puerto Nuevo is good it’s in the Walmart shopping center. Safe travels Friday

Looking forward to eating at the western sizzlin on the way. Should be a good game and at least I will have a place to sit. Surprised how small robbinsville's stadium is. Bout like mt airy's.

• Haha
Reactions: BK13T-$
Might want to stop in Boone to eat. More restaurants. If you like Mexican Los Archos in Pineola is good. Not out of the way. 300 Jonas Ridge Hwy Newland NC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT